4.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock clogs
Published on 28 Jun 2011 by Gurux

3.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock Boston Smooth Leather Clog in black
I have open toe Birkenstocks already, which I love and have found extremely comfortable to the extent that I forget I am wearing them. I wanted a clog so that I could wear them in colder, wet, weather to keep my feet dry and footwear that is easy to slip on and off without bending down as I have back problems.

The clogs are exactly as illustrated in the...
Published on 31 July 2011 by sandy

4.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock clogs, 28 Jun 2011
This review is from: Birkenstock Boston Smooth Leather, Unisex Clogs (Apparel)
I've used these Boston's for a couple of years now as work (hospital) shoes. They're very comfortable and the outer leather is of excellent quality. However the soles, both the rubber and cork component, wear out quickly (in my case 8-10 months of daily use). According to their website, the Birk's soles can be repaired or replaced by contacting the retailer, sending them and obviously paying for the service. But I can't be bothered so I prefer to buy a new pair each year. Not a big problem for me but something worth bearing in mind.

3.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock Boston Smooth Leather Clog in black, 31 July 2011

The clogs are exactly as illustrated in the picture and the buckle strap does allow for some adjustment of the width fitting but I am disappointed that they are not as comfortable. The top of the clog, near to the strap, rubs into my foot and I find them cumbersome to walk any distance.

4.0 out of 5 stars OooOOoooH! new shoes..., 24 Oct 2010
This review is from: Birkenstock Boston Smooth Leather, Unisex Clogs (Apparel)
Purchased these as an addition to my already existing Birkenstock 'fleet' as leather is likely to be more practical for winter than the nubuck\suede which I currenlty own.

Arrived quickly and as I already own some they fit great.

The only slight issue for me is I expected 'cork' midsole and the 'buffed' leather insole as is shown in the pictures, but what I got was a dk brown leather covered midsole and a 'shiney' leather dk brown insole. Not really a problem for me and I am quite happy, but the shiney leather insole takes a bit of getting "used too".

Whilst I understand Birkenstock may have changed their product it would be good for Amazon to change their pictures of the item\s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Birkenstock clogs, 18 July 2014
This is the 3rd pair of birkenstocks I have bought (others were sandles) and I am not dissapointed. I usually take a 36 narrow but as these were childrens and for work I bought a size 37 narrow and they will be perfect for winter with socks. As they are kids size i also saved about £50 from adult price and with free delivery I was doubly pleased, they also arrived very promtly. Bottom line I would definately recommend especially if you have small feet. They are excellent and extremely comfortable if you are on your feet all day.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 34th Year of Birkenstocks, 6 Aug 2014
Inthesticks (Scottish Borders) - See all my reviews
Since I discovered this style of Bikenstock clogs in 1980 I have never been without at least one pair. They are so comfortable I wear them from summer to autumn inclusive. They are always true to their sizing. I normally take a 36 or 37 in other shoes but with these I am a 35 narrow, so if you have never tried them before you may need to downsize. But once you have found your Birkenstock size, like me, you can rely on that size from year to year onward..
The quality of the leather is superb and hard wearing. Just a drop of shoe polish now again will keep them looking like new for years. On average each pair has lasted me 5 to 6 years of almost continuous use with only the soles finally giving in. I'm not sure if they can be re-soled. I've never tried as there isn't a decent shoe repairer anywhere near me.
Trying to remember back to 1980 I think I took a short while to get used to the low heel at the back, but found they made me walk better and my posture improved.
Please give them a try, I'm sure that like me all those years ago you will be a convert.

5.0 out of 5 stars Healed: No more swollen feet!, 7 Jan 2012
this is the second pair of the same brand that I've ordered for my father, who is suffering from diabetes and in the past had swollen feet. But now we have "explored" Birkenstock in an incredible sale price: They are just perfect to his feet and NO MORE SWOLLEN FEET! I hope this message reaches everyone who suffers from swollen feet. Thank you amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and comfortable, 28 Jun 2010
This review is from: Birkenstock Boston Smooth Leather, Unisex Clogs (Apparel)
I was given these as a present. I wear them as slippers only but it doesn't matter if I go to the shops in them as they are quite shoe-like. They are very comfortable, but I would call them functional as they drag on the floor. This can be annoying when walking on gravel as the stones get in the shoes. But indoors they are fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy Comfy, 14 July 2014
I admire Birkenstock! I bought this clog for my husband to wear during working hours. He liked it a lot.
As usually expected from Birkenstock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
Make the sole last much longer

5.0 out of 5 stars light and confortable, 18 Jun 2014
bought unisex clogs for work - feeling very light on the feet when first worn - relative stable with a low centre of gravity compared to my last clogs; also bright glossy colour - makes it noticeable when worn; few who have birkenstock commented that clogs are durable.

Birkenstock Boston Smooth Leather, Unisex Clogs