But no, it's not an advent calendar. Unfortunately several site users seem to have added tags that are variations on 'advent calendar' to this item listing, with the result that a number of people have purchased this in error when quickly searching for calendars. The resultant down-marking is a little unfair - it is perhaps worth dropping a line to customer services to complain about the misleading tags.

What this IS, is a rather charming little European Christmas Market set with two stalls and plenty of pieces to keep your little one entertained - including 6 figures (4 adults, 2 children). With the exception of the snow, everything shown on the box is included in this set. The colours are bright and the pieces are the usual good quality from the brand.
44 comments|19 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2012
My daughter enjoyed putting all the pieces together to create the two stalls and then populating it with all the various merchandise. As with many playmobil items there are lots of small parts which can stray from the set over time but my daughters have great fun moving all the pieces round. So far it has survived being disassembled and reassembled more times than I care to remember without any problem. It has retained their interest for longer than a lot of the other Christmas items and if the price dropped again I'd certainly buy another.
on 2 December 2011
I purchased this set after searching on Playmobil Advent Calendar, then not paying close enough attention to the listing. Nice set though, just not quite what I was after! A "fill-your-own" advent calendar to the rescue!
44 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 February 2014
Very good playmobil for Christmas. I would definitely recommend. It has got very tiny toys that easily would get lost. But this is the case with most playmobil and similar toys you buy nowadays.
on 10 March 2014
Our grandson, aged four, loved this little market. He enjoyed all the little details which he handled well. It's now away with the Christmas decorations for fun again next Christmas.
on 3 January 2013
A real Christmas treat for our grand-daughter. She spent hours playing with it and particularly liked the mini Christmas tree.
on 30 December 2012
Playmobil toys have been a love of mine since early childhood. I am now 21 and have bought this as a Christmas present to myself because it looks so cute. Today I'll be assembling it, and am filled with all that excitement and expectation that I used to have when getting these toys when younger.

All children, regardless of age and gender, should have Playmobils at some point - each figure has his/her own personality and There are endless possibilities for their imagination. I loved, and still do love, Playmobil, although don't have the imagination I once had.
on 2 December 2013
Lovely Christmas scene but I too bought it thinking it was an advent calendar, really not sure how I managed it except it must have listed amongst the others. Delivery was very slow- took almost a week even though I bought it using amazon prime.
on 20 December 2014
Great value for the amount of things included.
on 19 October 2014