TOP 100 REVIEWERon 30 March 2011
I hadn't made soft toys since I was at school but recently found a need to dig out the teddy and assorted cuddly animal patterns. Unfortunately when it came to digging out my soft toy needles I discovered that they had been "borrowed" by a friend (without asking) and that she had now lost them. So I had to buy some new ones.

The original soft toy needles were Coats Anchor and I couldn't find them available anywhere, so I started to look for an alternative. I have, in the past couple of years, found the Hemline brand and I have been quite impressed by the quality of their sewing accessories, which is why when I saw these I decided to give them a try.

In the pack you receive 3 needles of different sizes

- 3.5 inches (89 mm),
- 5 inches (130 mm) and
- 7 inches (174 mm).

The needles are sharp enough to penetrate the toughest faux "fur" I have (which is a soft long curl wool "fur" on a heavy weave) and stuffing.

All 3 needles are solid but still have enough give in them that they can bend slightly without failing, though I would not recommend putting too much pressure on them as all things have a breaking point.

Each needle has a long eye which is wide enough to take the thick sewing thread that a good teddy nose needs to look its best. You may find that you need a threader when using the smallest of the needles but it's not really a problem to thread without.

I have also found that these needles are a good help when quilting too.

These are worthy of consideration by anyone who does any sewing related crafts.
on 15 December 2014
Can't think how I every managed without these, having been making dolls for 25 years. Also superb for sewing buttons onto deep ;incushions, nice big eye and sharp point, I have been sewing felt hearts for bunting with them, just about everything. Love them.
on 24 June 2014
excellent for sewing dolls and teddy bears arms on nice to have the three different sizes also can be used for putting eyes on
on 14 January 2015
I needed a dollmaker's needle to attach the arms and legs to my homemade teddy bear (I was making the bear for my daughter from a pattern I found amongst my grandma's belongings after she died). Teddy's not going to win me any prizes but these needles fit the bill and did the job perfectly.
review image
on 12 January 2014
3 great sized needles, perfect for crafting. The needles pass through thick material very easily. Overall great value for a set of 3 needles. Bargain!
on 19 June 2016
These needles are great especially for sewing stuffed limbs onto to toys going straight through the toy they go through no trouble.
on 11 January 2014
Great for sewing on fiddly arms and legs and a must for doll makers and textile jobs are made easier with having this item
on 24 June 2016
The wife really likes them, she says they'll come in really handy when she's making her knitted toys
on 10 June 2016
so easy to sew with these needles as i have problems with my hans
on 27 January 2013
The sewing needles arrived quickly and they were cheaper than buying them from our local market. They did the trick helping me to 'button' my cushions. Very strong and easy to use - would recommend them for everyone. Thank you :)

See one answered question