5.0 out of 5 stars Superb winter training top
I have used this for training all winter and have been very impressed. The top has kept me warm when it's been raining and snowing, but allows your body to breathe when you start to really work up a sweat so you don't overheat. This is pretty much the perfect cold weather training top in my book.

However, it really is a cold weather top so don't even try and...
Published on 28 Jun. 2009 by I. Harper

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best size design
I purchased a medium as that is my size, the torso fits perfect and compresses well onto it however, the arms don't compress so well they aren't as skin tight. It bunches up around the triceps and elbow and isn't a great fit. I also have small but again the same problem. It can be temporarily sorted by pulling down at the sleeves, so isn't bad overall
Published 10 months ago by Mark

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb winter training top, 28 Jun. 2009
I. Harper (London, UK) - See all my reviews

However, it really is a cold weather top so don't even try and wear it on a warmish day - you'll boil alive!

Save this for those dark December days with a biting wind cutting into you - despite quite a high price, this is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful item at a great price, 21 Aug. 2014
D. Murphy "Damon" (Linkoping, Sweden) - See all my reviews
I bought this base layer with the intention of using it for cycling. I am a new cyclist who will soon be commuting to work through the winter (Danish winter, so quite cold!).

Initially, I was surprised about the cost of this item. Canterburry is a reputable UK brand known for its quality. At £16.50 it’s a bargain, even more so when you consider that lesser known brands cost £30+ in the stores.

The item promptly arrived in a sealed bag, nothing special for an item of clothing. The top is well-made, has an appropriate fit and has good elasticity at the cuffs and collar. It’s important that base layers fit correctly and I was pleased to see the XL layer fit my XL body.

I have worn the item twice for two morning cycle rides. The temperature during these rides was 9-11°C. In both cases I was very pleased with the performance of the base layer. I stayed warm** but did not suffer from ‘boil in the bag’ and my sweat did not pool, in fact my body was quite dry after removing the layer (attributing to the sweat-wicking properties). The item retained its shape and did not warp/shrink after its journey through the washing machine.

I originally bought one of these as a ‘trial’; I will now be ordering more.

**I wore a wind-breaker over the base layer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 9 Dec. 2009
R. Petrie (Arbroath,Scotland) - See all my reviews
As stated this garment is a base layer,designed to act as part of a layering system, as an avid outdoor photographer I use the garment (top and Bottom) with a fleece and windproof jacket and have found a considerable difference over similar products I have purchased, some being more expensive, the washing instructions can be a little confusing but washed at 30 deg, they have maintained shape and properties, all in all an excellent garment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Warm & comfortable, 17 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Canterbury Men's Baselayer Cold Long Sleeve Top (Sports Apparel)
I purchased the cold layer top to wear when taking part in the Tough Guy event in January. A very cold day and high exertion running through mud, up hills and lots if icy cold water. The top coped very well. Tight fit which was great for tackling obstacles and did not go baggy in the water. Held body heat pretty well although the conditions were so bad that I was very cold at the end. Overall very pleased with the purchase. Only downside is length as I'd prefer it an inch or 2 longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant, 19 April 2010
Colin Daye (Ayrshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This base layer is a superb piece of kit. My wife won one in a competition and after wearing it, raved about it so much that my son bought one. He is just as enthusiastic and it looks like a few more purchases are in the offing. What more can I say, it's one of the best available and Amazon's prices are competitive so what are you waiting for?

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever buy, 7 Jun. 2013
J. S. Robb "whosthedaddy" (newark uk) - See all my reviews
I bought this last year as i'm a postman and getting on so neede the protection cannot say just how good it has been BUT you do need to keep moving and generate some body heat as this is trapped by the top and keeps you warmer.Also very good at keeping out the wind chill. Have tried others and found this to be the best at keeping warm and the fit. Others are too tight for the same size and then you struggle getting them off and on. Will buy mor this year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great baselayer but the fit needs looking at, 11 Mar. 2014
Recently bought this base layer for snowboarding and running. Thick enough to keep you warm and does the job just fine. However i am normally a size medium and as other reviews have said, ordered a size large. It fits comfortably without being so tight you can't get it off. The sleeves are a little on the short side but not enough to return it.

Considering I'm a medium, I ordered a large and the sleeves are a little short, I think Canterbury need to sort their sizing out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal so far for Autumn rides., 23 Dec. 2014
John Bailes (Milton Keynes, Bucks United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Have only so far used it for cold Autumn rides ( with what I call a winter jacket on top) and once warmed up I have found the two layers to be very adequate. On one occasion I did stop for a short break outside for 15 mins. and did feel myself cooling off to the point where I wanted to get going again. If I stop with friends indoors, say for 15 - 30 mins. , then the base layer is perfect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent but be careful with the sizes, 11 Mar. 2014
Brilliant product, very good in cold temperatures.However, be cautious with the sizes. I am 6ft 2" and quite slim. I fit into large and medium size clothing, so I thought a large would fit well. I would be tempted to say I should have gone for XL or even an XXL, the sleeves were far too short. Apart from my error this product is fantastic. I would recommend it to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good priced top, 10 July 2013
I have other compression tops (some of which cost 3x the price I paid for this) but this one rates as good as most of them. There are fewer panels than some models but he price reflects this. I originally bought a short sleeved version from TK Max so decided to buy this and its just as good.