5.0 out of 5 stars Tidy little workhorse
Published on 25 Oct 2010 by Adeebb

1.0 out of 5 stars OK printer, expensive toner!
Published on 26 May 2011 by Clive

5.0 out of 5 stars Tidy little workhorse, 25 Oct 2010
This review is from: HP P1102 LaserJet Pro Laser Printer (Personal Computers)
I've made use of this family of printer for the last seven years and have not been disappointed. Its great for personal and small business use. No frequent ink-jet cartridge changes and better quality print. Duplexing is available, which saves on paper! I use one at home for me and the kids and at work in various areas for workgroup printing. A practical, well designed workhorse. No problem recommending it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 22 Mar 2011
This review is from: HP P1102 LaserJet Pro Laser Printer (Personal Computers)
I have found none of the problems reported by some other people - certainly no smoke appears!. It is a quiet efficient little machine and it is easy to swap from A4 paper to envelopes and back.
I found it paid to use the CD that comes with the unit rather than letting Vista try to set it up. If your previous laser printer used a USB port make sure you remove it, as Vista tried to assign the new printer to the same port as the old one
Another advantage of this printer, is you can buy perfectly acceptable replacement toner cartridges which are cheaper than the official HP ones. Have a look at the Amazon site for suppliers and prices.
For me, in my small Home Office this is a perfect mono laser printer

4.0 out of 5 stars If you want a proper duplex capability, look elsewhere!, 5 Jun 2012
M. F. Webb (Lincoln UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP P1102 LaserJet Pro Laser Printer (Personal Computers)
I bought this very quickly on the spur of the moment to replace an HP 1320 which packed up suddenly after about 6 years. I bought it for its duplex capability which I use often and which was an excellent feature of the 1320. Set-up was very easy and build and print quality are excellent. AND, it was cheap -- as cheap as the spare HP cartridge I bought at the same time.

There are 2 cons for me:-

1. Duplex printing. This is manual but it doesn't say so in the up-front specs. You have to take the first printed sides out of the tray and put them back in the paper tray. This is no big deal BUT on the 1102 the paper doesn't alwys feed back into the paper path straight, resulting in a slanting second page. This was not a problem on the 1320 which fed the paper back in automatically for printing the second side. I should also say that I can feed paper back into my inkjet printer for second side printing with no registration problems and have been able to do so with other non-duplex printers. It is all to do with how the paper is held in the paper tray.

2. The print cartridges are low capacity, only 1600 pages compared with 6,000 on a high capacity replacement for the 1320. Compatible cartridges can be bought for around 20 on the internet (HP brand cost around 60).

I was tempted to only give this printer 3 stars because of my 2 cons but, to be fair, I should have looked more closely and paid a bit more for a "proper" duplex printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact Laser Printer HP P1102 - good little machine, 1 Jan 2011
Anne Taylor (Old Basing, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP P1102 LaserJet Pro Laser Printer (Personal Computers)
We had an old HP1002 at work which got broken after about 7 years, so for speed of replacement, I bought this and claimed it back on expenses. The purchase was based on it being very similar, as the old one had been so reliable, much more so than a complicated large colour printer/copier/scanner in the main office. This so far has been exactly what the user wanted, small, efficient and good quality black and white prints. It will be heavily used as the old one was, and so far its ticking all the boxes.
Would recommend as long as you don't want colour at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Laser Printer, 13 July 2010
David Kaye "Dave Kaye" (Wembury, South Hams, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP P1102 LaserJet Pro Laser Printer (Personal Computers)
I will start by saying that this is an excellent printer which I fully recommend.

However what I tried to order was a P1006 which was unavailable. I have a P1006 on another computer.

This means that I have lost the versatility of having the same cartridges and results in my having both a 35a and a 85a in stock at all times.

On the other hand the P1102 is much quicker and has never jammed

I do fear that the toner will be very expensive. For that reason I am printing two pages per side of A4 for many of the documents that I print for my own use.

I have noticed a cloud of chemicals emerges from the printer after it has been used. I avoid using it when the window is closed.

But yes it is a very efficient product

5.0 out of 5 stars Does EXACTLY what it says on the tin!, 26 Nov 2010
This review is from: HP P1102 LaserJet Pro Laser Printer (Personal Computers)
A simple honest laser printer that plods on without fuss or ceremony. If you're looking for a reliable black printer look no further.

I've had mine for over a year with no issues and have just bought a second one for a friend who's also delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Want a good basic laser printer? Look no further...., 11 Sep 2010
Mark Kelly "Performance!" (Notts, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP P1102 LaserJet Pro Laser Printer (Personal Computers)
I needed a replacement for my old workhorse HP Laserjet 6L, and despite wasting time and money on certain "other" brands of inkjet (cartidge lifetime/replacement cost?!) printers, I've gone back to a basic black & white printer that is compact, does all I need of a printer (if I need colour, I'll get it at work as that's the only place I really do require it), works straight from the box, and seems to have excellent online backup. My only quibble - the shock of finding out what a replacement toner cartridge is, but hopefully that's some way away yet. Don't waste time, money and resources printin out multiple copies of documents/charts, be prepared to edit on-screen or just press F7 to spellcheck; and if you need colour prints, fine, go for something else - but this is excellent value for the money for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little printer, 30 Nov 2010
This review is from: HP P1102 LaserJet Pro Laser Printer (Personal Computers)
I bought this for home use...Print bulk of notes and references related to my studies.
They deliver within one day as promised (which is really nice specially when you have just one week left for exams)
Package contains everything but what I didn't notice is it didn't include the USB cable.
So I have to buy one separately. So keep that in mind when you make the purchase.

When it comes to printing I'm really happy with the product. It print fast, can print duplex and got real good response time as well.
I would recommend this product for anyone to buy...

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good., 14 Mar 2011
This review is from: HP P1102 LaserJet Pro Laser Printer (Personal Computers)
A friend recommended me to this printer and so far I have not been disappointed. The printing is quick and efficient with no signs of the vapours that other reviewers have mentioned. The heat and the rollers do cause slight crimping of the paper but it is barely noticeable and not really an issue for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars OK printer, expensive toner!, 26 May 2011
Clive (London, GB) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HP P1102 LaserJet Pro Laser Printer (Personal Computers)
As others have described this printer before me, I would just like to point out that the cheapest toner that one can get for this printer starts at around 50 and this seriously needs to be weighed in when buying the printer - my toner ran out of juice after printing a few hundred pages. All in all, the trend that printers are cheap, but cartridges cost as much seems to have entered the laser market (but has been common practice among inkjet manufacturers).