on 1 April 2010
Superb little gadget. Reads straight from USB or SD card. Found it easy to operate and install. Looks slick and high tech.
Films, photos, mp3 all good quality. I even ran my low res films off a micro SD phone card thro it, with an SD adaptor, and these were watchable.
Only Downpoints I could find-volume on SD cards lower thro device than when running from USB. Remote needs a firm push each time..otherwise...
a ridiculously good gadget for the money.
on 14 June 2010
This is a little gem and I mean it is small and amazing. It plays all sorts of media files and so far it has been tried with an 8 gig USB stick, a 4 gig SD card and a 120 gig Fijitsu portable 2.5 inch external USB drive formatted to NTFS and everything works fine. It has even had a Maxtor 1 Tb drive connected and after a little while of searching it showed all the media files on that drive.
Contrary to some reviews, the remote control works very well and is responsive with quite a good angle.
I would highly recommend the Xenta, it is a little gem and before anyone thinks it, no, I do not work for Dealstation.
on 2 February 2011
This Xenta media player is in many ways surprisingly good. It plays all my avi files through the Tv with no problems in quality or reliability and for the price that is good, just stick your movies on a usb stick.

In theory you can attach any usb device and even a hard disk but heres the problem. The remote is appalling, you cannot pause movies and can only skip forwards or back by 2/4/8/etc times, it is very difficult to be sure which buttons you are pressing and all to easy to stop the movie, (there is no resume)

In addition to this I find most subs wont play in spite of there being a sub button, the subs sometimes decide on their own to work but rarely.

The file system management is awkward and illogical and the system finds all types on your input device, so if you had 10 movies on a usb stick in different folders it would find them all and display them under a movies tab, you then scroll through having no view of the folder info. Imagine trying to scroll through hundreds of movies or more likely songs to find one item, you soon get fed up.

Does a job just but useless if you are serious.
on 4 August 2010
This is a great product. Fit's into the palm of your hand and is very simple to setup and install. Plug into the mains, hook up an HDMI cable and you're good to go.

I tried with multiple video formats and one of my core requirements was good support for XVID (;-)) which this device seems to do a very good job at.

The remote control is OK, it's a typical small cheap one that you'd expect with this kind of thing but it works pretty well.

It's got easy access to all the card slots and SD / USB worked perfectly.

To be fair I haven't used this for any reasonable length of time yet so I can't comment on reliability.
on 11 April 2010
A friend of mine recommended this product to run divx movies and viewing files (pictures etc.) onto the TV from my memory stick. It`s simple to set up, I purchased 3 hdmi cables, 2 for the house TV`s and one to keeped plugged in to a relatives Tv for the kids to use whilst they`re visiting (as they don`t have a dvd player).My daughter has also viewed her photo`s from an SD card..
A fantastic product and easy to use. I have to agree with a previous review about the remote control as it seems to need pointing directly at the box and firm pressure on the buttons, but all in all a very useful piece of electrickery !
on 31 October 2010
An excellent product. The upscaling is really useful and turns a 800Mb film into a watchable proposition on a 37 inch screen. Not sure about the resilience of the USB socket but with care it should last.
Pity these things don't always come as standard on new TV's.
on 19 August 2011
This item arrived very quickly. It was very easy to set up and worked straight from the box.
My 1GB hard drive was found very quickly but it took a long while to list all the films.
Whenm I tried to watch the films it stuttered very badly so I tried again by copying the film to an SD card and that worked great.
After a lot of tinkering I decided to do a deep defragmentation of my hard drive and most of the films played excellently.
As expected the player will not play some films, but the ones it does play are upgraded to Hi Def very well.
All in all this as a very good player considering the cheap price.
on 29 August 2010
I never bother to review things but this is such a useless piece of kit i felt compelled. it will work (just about) with an 8gb usb stick but when attached to a larger hard disk it is completely useless. freezing up, crashing. bad user interface when it does work but it doesnt most of the time. terrible. avoid at all costs.
on 4 June 2011
most of these reviews say it all , disregarding the negative ones .The one issue I have is that the syncronisation of audio and video on some of the smaller sized movies is sometimes slightly out but can easyly be rectified by pausing the movie for a couple of seconds then resuming .Other than that , a brilliant purchase . So much so , Ive bought six - one of which went to South Africa . Oh , by the way ,when one of them proved to be faulty , I returned it with no problem and got an immediate refund . Simples
on 1 June 2013
Bought this to play movies and tv programs whilst away from home but was disappointed as it did not play some of the files I had on my Hard Drive noticeably certain mp4 files.
Easy connect to tv and remote works fine. Bit bulker than some models on the market if you are looking at travel case space.