on 5 April 2016
Worked a treat to take the edge off my very nervous lurcher. Obviously it isn't a miracle worker, all his problems won't magically vanish upon taking this. It does however get him to a slightly calmer state where i can work with him.It doesn't smell fabulously tasty and they wont touch it in their water or on dry food. Instead 20 mins or so before i need it to take effect I put it on some bread, ham, in some peanut butter, sandwich paste, on a sausage or some other 'forbidden' food and they yam it down completely unaware.
It takes the edge off enough for my other interventions to really get full effect. Other dogs terrify him to the point where he is too scared to take the treats off me or focus on anything other than his fears. This product takes him down to a level where, although he is still scared, i can distract him with tasty food and have him sit for a treat while a dog passes us by. Previously he would be too upset to bother with the kong, treat ball or other distractions when i went out and just destroyed things or howled. This product just takes the edge off enough for him to get into the kong + treat ball which distracts him from his anxiety.
In short, don't expect it to solve all problems on its own and it can't replace actual training. It will however take the edge off enough for you to work with the dog in a calmer state where success is far more likely.
on 14 November 2014
My 15 year old springer has never been a barker....up until he lost a few marbles due to senility....now my wife only has to leave the house and he starts .....so I searched for a herbal cure not wanting to use vets expensive tablets....I was doubtful it would work but he's laid here quite happy and this is the first day of use !....Believe me I've been at the end if my tether.....thanks Phytopet !!
on 30 December 2015
This was recommended a few years ago for one of my dogs who hates thunder, helicopters and above all else, fireworks, or blind panic of other sort, the other is not bothered. It does help, particularly with a bit of warning, before the event. In the water it gets a nose turned up, but on a bit of kibble, or toast or whatever suits, I find 5 drops soothes a 27 kg dog, this means I can do a few more drops if absolutely necessary. Above 5 drops I am cautious as we have a wonky flagstone floor and mini steps so I am cautious. I prefer to use a plug in to additionally help on thundery days. It soothes, so a major help, as is reassurance and a favourite place to be calm. Music can help in conjunction with calm star with fireworks or a good film too, we judge the situation and where we are, but this always is with us and is the assistance. For New Years Eve I will do early late night walk and administer Calm xtra about 11pm, or earlier if a display is scheduled for 10pm. Recommended and first bought from a good pet shop, replaced when out of date via Amazon.
on 13 June 2016
Calms my dog quickly. Not sedating just takes the edge off. She gets herslf worked up and starts scratching, this seems to help calm her. I am however trying the phyopet calm this month for comparison.
on 9 March 2016
Arrived very quickly but wasn't very effective on either of my dogs. They were a bit calmer when I was in the house but as soon as I went out to the bins the howling started. I used the maximum dose and got through the bottle very quickly but it really didn't make any notable improvement. Ah well. back to the drawing board.....
on 13 June 2016
Arrived very quickly with Amazon prime next day delivery.
My cocker spaniel has been suffering from isolation aniexty since we got him at 8 weeks, he's now 18 months. After numerous complaints from the neighbours, a chewed up sofa and carpet and many many other mishaps he's gradually on the mend. We've tried every single method of helping him, adaptil products, kalm aid, thunder shirts, a dog behaviourist, doggy puzzles, you name it, we've tried it. I've now found a combination of products that seem to help him, and Calm Xtra is one of them, it takes the edge off his aniexty and he seems more relaxed around the house.
These natural remedies work in conjunction with behavioural modification, please don't expect this to work wonders for your pet if he/she suffers badly from separation aniexty. The problem stems much deeper, it can aid relaxation along with other things (a thunder shirt that has your scent on, adaptil plug in, puzzle games etc) but will not cure the problem. I really hope this helps.
on 19 March 2016
Works to calm the cat but caused my cat to have loose stools, incidentally the regular Phytopet Calm did not affect her stomach at all so I think it's one of the extra ingredients in this that is causing the upset.
on 1 January 2014
This is an item I have been using for a few years to combat problems arising from noises of fireworks etc.I find it useful and not so inclined to knock the dog out rather than calm him down.
on 5 June 2016
Bit disappointed with this, I noticed a slight calming effect on our jack russell but nothing that impressive. She still barks like crazy at other dogs and the doorbell. Will continue to use up the bottle and combine with training to see if her behaviour improves!
on 11 November 2014
My cat LOVES this, it's just doesn't calm her much, maybe relaxes a bit, more of an effect anyway than Feliway. All cats are different, what works for one doesn't work for others!