5.0 out of 5 stars I love these Birkenstocks & Surf4Shoes are great!
Published on 7 April 2010 by Vivienne Grace

1.0 out of 5 stars Hideous & unwearable
I bought these to wear as slippers in the winter so I put them away when they arrived. I didn't realise that the sizing in Birkenstock varies so much from style to style. ( I have previously bought 5 pairs of Gizeh over the years & been delighted with them.)
Published 23 months ago by Ladybank

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these Birkenstocks & Surf4Shoes are great!, 7 April 2010
Vivienne Grace (Cambridgeshire UK) - See all my reviews
When I ordered these shoes, I received an email from Surf4Shoes very quickly and received my product very promptly and well packaged direct from Europe. I am usually a size 6, so that's what I ordered, but they were too big. My emails to and from Surf4Shoes, were very helpful and relatively painless. I wanted an exchange in this instance. So I posted the shoes back to them and once they had received them, they refunded my card details with the return postage costs and promptly sent me out a size 5. Which I am happy to say, came just as quickly as the first pair and as well packaged. They fit me perfectly and are extremely comfortable... not a single blister yet in spite of the new leather! I think Surf4shoes are a great company, offering an outstanding quality product, quick assured delivery and really helpful customer service. My next purchase will be the Birkenstock Fayette in Antique Lavender!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 29 April 2012
H. S. Senior - See all my reviews
So comfortable, looks good, hard wearing. Walked to work in them and on my feet all day and it's like wearing slippers. Had a lot of compliments about them.

4.0 out of 5 stars cloggy comfort, 9 Feb 2012
Very well put together and colour great, but the sizing seems quite a bit larger than normal, in length not just width - so great with thick socks but not with summer bare feet, unless you choose a smaller size than your usual.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hideous & unwearable, 8 Oct 2012
However when I came to wear these they were at least 2 sizes bigger than the size they were supposed to be so as far as I am concerned they are unwearable.

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable and nice, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Birkenstock Fayette Smooth Leather, Women Clogs (Apparel)
The shoes arrived in good time. They are extremely comfortable, no need to break them in.

If you ever had a pair of Birkenstock before you know the feeling of putting them on, it's pure bliss. You can walk in them all day without your feet getting sore or tired. I've been a Birkenstock customer for pretty much all my adult life and once you experienced the real thing you will never buy cheap imitations again. Birkenstock shoes are not cheap but will last you for a very, very long time.

I always buy the narrow version. My feet are a normal width but I find the 'normal' Birkenstock just a little bit wide, especially if you are wearing them without socks.

I bought my usual size 7.5 or 41 and I find they fit perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond Expectations, 11 Oct 2012
This is my first pair of Birkenstock shoes, and I used the sizing chart to order. That is usually quite a risk, but the precision of the Birkenstock sizing, in going by foot size in millimeters, ensures an exact fit. I am amazed at the perfect fit, the comfort, and yet the feminine look of these clogs. I particularly wanted them because I am pregnant and naturally the feet tend to widen, which these can accommodate with ease and total comfort. Even when I've walked for long periods of time, there is no pressure or pain in my feet.

I highly recommend these.