4.0 out of 5 stars Great product - but doesn't include bluetooth adapter.
Great tablet, feels more fluid and responsive than the previous Intuos3 A5 I had and it's better designed (as the buttons are all accessible to your non-drawing hand, whether you're either a lefty or a righty).

Published on 21 July 2010 by J. O'Hare

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs urgent improvement
Published on 23 Sep 2010 by Mr. Tim Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product - but doesn't include bluetooth adapter., 21 July 2010
J. O'Hare "www.farfarer.com" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet (Electronics)

Just a note that this doesn't come with a Bluetooth adapter, so you'll have to purchase one with it if you don't have one already. Which seems a bit cheap considering the price of the tablet and the cost of mini bluetooth adapters.

2.0 out of 5 stars Needs urgent improvement, 23 Sep 2010
Mr. Tim Wilson "Tim W" (london) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet (Electronics)
I bought this even though I read user reviews stating the problems with Bluetooth and the fact the nibs wear out quickly. In the past I have found many of peoples complaints on various items overblown so I bought it anyway. Unfortunately this time the negative claims were pretty accurate. The Bluetooth connection is hopeless to the point I just leave it attached with the usb cord 100% of the time, hugely disappointing considering I paid extra for a feature that doesn't work properly. And the nibs do in fact wear out very quickly, I wore one down to nearly flat in one particularly busy day in the office. Apparently Wacom's official response was that they didn't test the Intuos4 for drawing just basic navigation. This just seem ridiculous, considering the reason people buy a Wacom is to draw with it most of the time. Wacom's excuses in regards to the Bluetooth issue is to pretty much blame the users set up. Both unacceptable...

The Intuos4 should not have been released. It has two serious flaws that should have been fixed before the product ever saw the light of day. Saying that, it looks great and the basic Wacom features are all there and work well. If you can wait until they sort these two issues you would be buying a much better product. If you need this just prepare to buy new nibs and save some money and get the wired version.

5.0 out of 5 stars From my understanding:, 26 Dec 2011
This review is from: Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet (Electronics)
Ignore all you read about battery life, it's great - if you are aware it's an electrical appliance.
Make sure on at least the first 4 charges, that you fully charge the battery, and use it till it runs out of battery (not just red light) rinse and repeat this process, and you'll be fine with the wireless.
Secondly it's not 30ft wireless, it's at least 50 ft (ran out of space in my local cafe, so mwehe.. will be fun to hook it up to a massive screen.
Thirdly PUT ACETATE ON THE SURFACE BEFORE USE. It costs 60p, and all the guys I know do this to deal with the scratch surface problem.
Lastly I use it a lot and haven't noticed the pens running out, so err ye, adjust settings so you don't have to press really hard without reducing versatility in brush stroke.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but ..., 27 April 2011
Nowade (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet (Electronics)
I'm not a fan of tablets but I've had a Genius A4 before and was not happy with that so I settled for handing out the extra dosh and getting an A5 Intuos, with some trepidation considering the various reviews.
The tablet looks very good and has increased functionality that helps during use. The area is quite sufficient for drawing and this size avoids the arm strain associated with a bigger tablet.
The two gripes I hear about - Bluetooth and stylus are really not so awful. Sure, for some reason which I have yet to investigate, Bluetooth on my Mac won't stay linked with the tablet during Sleep but it's not much problem to reactivate.
Stylus wear, well how much have you paid for the tablet and how much do you pay for a stylus - come on, it's not a big big problem. I find that covering the tablet writing area with a plastic layer - something such as a document wallet (the cheap type) protects the writing area and has so far removed the problem of stylus wear.
I can however see that if you fork out what is after all a lot of money for a pretty basic input device, then you quite rightly expect quality and endurance; it's a mute point.
Overall, to do the job, if your job pays, you need the best tools available - cough up the dosh and get the Intous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 5 Sep 2011
This review is from: Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet (Electronics)
This product was amazing! Works with high precision as top wacom tablets, is weightless and works fine in wireless mode, over bluetooth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 27 Jan 2013
V. Wardle (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet (Electronics)
I do a lot of photo editing and this is now becoming an essential part of my kit. Maps perfectly to my screen and the pressure sensitivity is first rate. Buttons on the side are very useful as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet (Electronics)
A must have item for anyone into graphics, image editing. Don't know how I have lasted so long just using a mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Problems seen to be resoved, 16 Feb 2012
M. Von Kanel "M.VON" (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet (Electronics)
I bought this because im learning how to use Photoshop. I cant believe the difference between this and a mouse! The blue tooth problems seem to be resolved and it pairs seamlessly with my new MAC book pro whatever state you start it from, so maybe it was a MAC problem. i dont know about the nib problem yet because i dont do much drawing and its too early to tell. My wife is left handed and an artist she loves that its completely reversible for lefties and will give feedback on nib life once she gets to grips with it. Dont hesitate buy it youll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good choice, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet (Electronics)
Bought this over the Intuos5 as it was much cheaper and has displays. Feature wise it's the same as the newer models except doesn't have touch function (which isn't of any use for me anyway). The size of the usable surface is smaller because this is the wireless version but the difference is negligible.

The surface itself became smooth before I had the need to change the first nib.

The tablet works fine on Mac OS Lion and Windows 8.1. The software crashes sometimes on Windows 7 but is quickly fixable by reloading the settings.

My only complaint is that the palm rest is a bit squeaky.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real must, 13 Oct 2013
Aaron Letheren "book maven" (Truro, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet (Electronics)
My photoshopping has improved so much since purchasing this item. I have yet to find fault with it. Oh, you can't play minecraft with it.

Wacom Intuos4 PTK-540-WL Wireless Tablet