5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and reliable (top loading) backpack
Comfortable and reliable backpack. I knew it was a top loading backpack when I bought it so I'm not going to decrease the rating because of that. I would however say that if this was a front loading (that you could open the whole front with a zipper), then this would go from being great backpack to being an epic backpack.
Published 16 months ago by Jørn Stougaard Andersen

3.0 out of 5 stars Seem ok -- however
I purchased this as i was working with a Dof E group last summer who had these rucksacks from 2011 - they were made of thick canvas material a large extension to the main sack etc. Clearly designed to last and be robust. Loved the green colour So i was really 'sold' on the item. However the 2012 products with the same name are made of a less robust material, the pockets...
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Oh such memories, 1 Dec 2013
Victor Meldrew Mk2 "stefan morawiec" (Dorset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I saw this item advertised and having lived in Verden in Germany for 4 very happy years I thought that I would give it a try. I have not been disappointed, Berhaus have a reputation for quality and this bag should not disappoint.

It is a rugged and extremely comfortable pack within which you can pack masses of kit into its top loading access point. I trialled it on a 25k walk with just under 20kg in it and after a could of minor adjustments it really was extremely comfortable and posed me no problems at all. There are straps aplenty and a pocket to hold wet or dirty items and more importantly it is completely waterproof and strong so I am delighted.

So why only 4 stars? I purchased this item on an Amazon deal for £48.00 (November 2013) and at £48.00 I would have given it 5 stars. At £79.00 it almost qualified, but to be honest, at that price it goes into a completely different field of competition and I just felt that 4 was enough. Should it drop in price again, my advice is to snap one up

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 23 Feb 2013
This pack is comfy, cool looking and did me proud on a trekking expedition across the south of france. I had it loaded up to the hilt and it never caused me any discomfort. Also hydration pack compatible. Perfect

5.0 out of 5 stars really good, 22 Aug 2012
Bought for my 15 year olds Dof E expedition ( silver) as previous sack had given up. Well made, right size, very adjustable spine frame ( hes 6 foot), comfortable and light. They do have to walk with a lot of kit- he's very happy. great price and build quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Rucksack, 20 Aug 2011
A great product, in a nice colour. Very good back support and good quality material. Even comes with a built in waterproof cover!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, fully adjustable, H2O and comes with rain cover, 3 Nov 2011
P. Spencer - See all my reviews
Very nice rucksack,it comes with everything and is ready for any hydration pack. The product is also adjustable in size for those short to tall.

5.0 out of 5 stars No regret., 14 May 2012
I received the item about one week after ordering. Brought it along for my recent Spain trip. The bag is durable and of good quality. I like the various storage compartments to different items. The rain cover comes in handy too. For the price paid, it was defintely a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 2 Nov 2011
Bought this on sale and used it (initially) for a 3 week trip to India and Nepal. no complaints at all as it had no tears or damage recorded. Good size for a trip of this length and held everything required.

3.0 out of 5 stars not up to scratch, 29 Jun 2012
I,AM NOT HAPPY FIRST TREK AND A BROKEN STRAP AND NET SIDE POUCHES RIPPED LACK OF STRENGTH ! LUCKY IT WAS,NT A SHOULDER LOAD SUPPORT STRAP AS I WAS ON 15 DAY TREK IT SHOULD BE CHANGED AND UP GRADED VERY DISSAPPOINTING ! got a refund bought a new one good old berghaus thankyou amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent quality bag, 7 Feb 2012
a very well made bag with alot of thought put into it. excellent build quality as expected from such a well known name and reputation like Berghaus

3.0 out of 5 stars A good bag, but delicate, 24 April 2013
Mr. T. R. LINTON-SMITH (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This is a very well deigned bag in many respects, the waist clasp is miles better than a standard clip, but the material around the waistband is pathetic, and tore the first time I handed the bag over to baggage handlers. Don't Berghaus know that there customers are going to give their bags some pretty tough treatment?
Pretty good value overall though.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›