5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and reliable (top loading) backpack
Comfortable and reliable backpack. I knew it was a top loading backpack when I bought it so I'm not going to decrease the rating because of that. I would however say that if this was a front loading (that you could open the whole front with a zipper), then this would go from being great backpack to being an epic backpack.
Published on 1 Mar. 2013 by Jørn Stougaard Andersen

3.0 out of 5 stars Seem ok -- however
Published on 3 Dec. 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Seem ok -- however, 3 Dec. 2012
I purchased this as i was working with a Dof E group last summer who had these rucksacks from 2011 - they were made of thick canvas material a large extension to the main sack etc. Clearly designed to last and be robust. Loved the green colour So i was really 'sold' on the item. However the 2012 products with the same name are made of a less robust material, the pockets are thin and the bag extension is small.

Have used this 4 times for extended walks carrying 50-60lb. Because of the padding it is difficult to really load the hip belt as it keeps slipping down so most of the weight remains on the shoulders, not ideal over 3-4 day expeditions. Will keep using this as i need a large pack but not overly impressed really. You would expect the new product to be an enhancement/improvement on the previous version I suspect corners were cut to save on costs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and reliable (top loading) backpack, 1 Mar. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Stop looking now, 8 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Berghaus Verden 65+10 Rucksack - 75L (Sports)
My wife bought this for a gift at my request.

I walked the Ridgeway Trail with it last week - I carried enough supplies for 4 days and could have fitted enough for a week - it was comfortable the whole time, I had 16 kilos in it.

I would buy again and recommend to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged Rucksack, 1 Jun. 2010
S. R. Hector "Lit-wit" (Worcestershire,England) - See all my reviews
There are so many large rucksacks to choose from in the marketplace. Most of them appear to be able to fulfil their function but after looking at them more closely you may find that they are mainly only suitable for unambitious walks and periods ,getting uncomfortable after hours or days on the move. I tried the Verden 65+10 and found that after a few minutes adjustment the " Biofit " system adapted to my body . This is where Berghaus scored five stars with a semi-rigid plastic base or "spine" with straps and padding for fine-tune adjustment that did not appear to be fitted on other makes.I am now training with graduated weight in my rucksack on local hills and have found that the time spent in comparing and fitting different products was well worth it. All I can hope for now is good weather to use it !

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bag, 17 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Berghaus Verden 65+10 Rucksack - 75L (Sports)
I bought it for a 3 week Australia tour which was mastered well in all ways. Bag was comfortable (I am 180cm tall) and very roomy, durable (no damages during the 9 flights we made). I enjoyed backpacking in this bag. What I liked a lot, is the frontal access to the main compartment.
The 1 star minus is for a small failure in a sewing (about 3cm(1inch)long) which we had to fix for our selves. Amazon did a great job by offering a new bag because of this matter, the new one did not have any problems at all.
All in one, a good bag for a good price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent rucksack, 6 Mar. 2013
Crazymeister (Holywood, U.K.) - See all my reviews
Just returned from the jungle in South East Asia with this rucksack.
Great rucksack, strong and durable and loads of pockets and storage.

2.0 out of 5 stars sadly not as strong as expected!, 3 Feb. 2014
a hole appeared within 4 days of the trip of a lifetime and grew daily - not what we expected of Berghaus. The bag 'fitted' beautifully and the straps allowed you to get a good 'fit' - lots of useful gadgets but....

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 14 Jan. 2014
I just got this backpack last week for my trip to new zealand, the build quality looks great and it hold a LOT of stuff im excited to use in now on my trip.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality and comfort..., 28 Dec. 2013
good quality and comfortable bag... god it on promotional sale for my trip to Thailand.... back already...didn't have any issue...
you can hang a lot of things around the back...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Backpack, 9 Jan. 2013
Excellent backpack, range of pockets & storage compartments. Back support is totally awesome, adjusts to fit height of user easily.

Amazon delivery was fast.

Highly recommended.