4.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Original review Feb 2012:

Bought this chair in Dec for our daughter, in anticipation of starting weaning. (Note that at least towards the end of last year the price fluctuated - from something like £199 then £165 then £150 and finally £125 for the Orange/birch colour on Amazon - albeit way cheaper than anyone else, and with free delivery)...
Published on 7 Feb 2012 by GH

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to clean and doesn't last.
Published 10 months ago by Sarah Mary

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 Feb 2012
Original review Feb 2012:

Aesthetically it is a very nice design, and the small footprint means it can be easily accommodated in our fairly small kitchen. In general we find the design to be practical and our daughter seems to really enjoy the chair and find it comfortable.

Two drawbacks encountered so far (week 2 of weaning):

1. As mentioned in other reviews, the tray is not a solid piece, but rather two main parts clipped together, containing a spring mechanism that is part of the adjustment mechanism (enables you to adjust how near to your child the tray is - 3 positions - or easily remove it, all one handed). The adjustability is great. What isn't is that the tray is not sealed, so I can envisage water and food seeping in. You cannot dunk the tray in the sink as doing so would flood the internals with water, which I can imagine would take forever to properly dry out. So cleaning has to be limited to wiping with a cloth.

2. It turns out that the white plastic of the tray easily stains - in our case, with a butternut squash puree. I contacted Oxo UK, and their reply suggests that this is well known. They said that their tests (by the 'US design team') showed that fairy liquid and a scourer would eventually remove staining - but that results would not be 'instantaneous'. I have tried this approach without success so far.

So, all in all a bit of a mixed bag. Looks great, lots of great design features, but has a couple of drawbacks related to the tray that might be a deal breaker for some.

Edited July 2013, to add:
- With our daughter about to turn 2 the tray (no problems in practice) and straps (easily removed) have long since been removed and the chair is simply pulled up to the table, where it fits very nicely. She can climb into the chair by herself (still needs supervision getting down).
- We really love this seat, which has served us very well, is easy to clean and still looks great. Compared to chairs used by friends' children etc it has a very small footprint and does not dominate the room it is used in (kitchen).
- The staining issue with the tray wasn't as permanent as it seemed, certainly not a deal breaker.
- Don't forget to occasionally check the screws are tight.

I originally gave this 3 stars, but reckon 4.5 is more like it. Very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great chair for any little sprout, 15 Jun 2011
Rabelasian (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I spotted this chair when I was looking around for a good high chair for my daughter and could only find reviews praising it, here and on other websites. It looked sturdy and functional and I liked the idea of a chair which can be used for a baby and toddler as well as being convertable for an older child.

It arrived yesterday and I found it really easy to assemble with clear instructions (and good diagrams). The straps were easy to adjust to fit my baby and the tray slides on and off extremely easily with one hand so leaves the other free to keep little hands out of its way. The way the tray is fitted should ensure that it isn't placed at a difficult level for your child to reach, my 6 month old certainly doesn't have any trouble reaching the tray, which also comes to almost exactly the same level as my dining table so she can eat at the same level as everyone else and get a good look at what's going on.

The seat cushions are nicely thick and soft and should keep even the wiggliest of babies comfortable while the hook and eye fastening will keep them firmly in place but still allow them to be easily removed for cleaning.

My daughter sat in the chair quite happily earlier today (admittedly I'm not sure how long that's likely to last) having great fun smearing yogurt all over herself while I was happy that she was safe and secure in the chair and wasn't about to slip, fall or be uncomfortable.

While not the cheapest of chairs available this one appears to be worth the money based on the build quality and ease of use experienced so far - admittedly this has been pretty limited as yet but I'm hopeful that this chair will continue to impress and suit my little one for many years to come.

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to clean and doesn't last., 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: OXO Tot Sprout Highchair (Green/Walnut) (Baby Product)
We have had this chair for 18 months now, I wouldn't buy it again. The seat pads are inadequate as they cannot withstand regular spills of food and water, and the underside is difficult to clean. I have already had me replaced free of charge under warranty, but they soon wear out again. There are a myriad of crevices where particles of food are trapped easily and the only way to keep the chair hygienic is to dismantle the tray and the seat tray holding post completely, ( screwdriver job) - gunk collects inside both! - this is a lot of work and hassle. A good size seat to sit in but the lower positions for toddlers will not have them able to sit at an average table height, they will be too low and there will be a massive gap at the back. The wood veneer on the frame easily chips and cracks. Believe me, this chair has had proper use and regular and immediate cleaning, - it simply isn't fit for purpose.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic buy, 16 Nov 2012
I spent a long time researching which highchair to buy and kept coming back to this one because of its great reviews...it really didn't disappoint me....its stylish and practical.....I've been putting my boy in it for meal times since we started weaning and even though he couldn't sit up properly on his own, he always looked comfortable in the chair.
It is really easy to clean and I like the way you get the practicality of a plastic highchair with the looks of a wooden one. I found it very easy to construct and when made up it is really sturdy and just looks really well made.
The only thing which bugs me is the crotch strap of the 5 point harness gets in the way and I'm left wondering what it is actually for!! Its a bit belt and braces if you ask me as the really huge post which actually stops your child falling out is more than enough. This really is a small gripe and I guess you can't be too safety conscious!!
Overall I'm so pleased I bit the bullet and went for this highchair....I can see it being with us for many years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT IN EVERY WAY!, 3 Nov 2012
Like many others, I researched for ages into which highchair to get as it is a major purchase. So much choice! But I decided on the Oxo Tot Sprout highchair as an 'investment' for my little one as it will last for years.
It was the best choice I made, it has been fantastic in every way!
It was quite straightforward to assemble, straightaway you can feel the quality and workmanship. It is a pleasure and easy to use, with the plastic tray sliding out with one hand and the seat being wipeable. My little boy ( who is on the small side) is comfortable in it and now enjoys eating meals and playing safely in it, with the straps being adjustable. The highchair also fits in well with my decor and is a very understated and simple style, looks just like a piece of furniture rather than yet more plastic baby stuff!
The highchair dosn't fold away but it this is not a problem because it is so tasteful and useful.

If you decide on this highchair you won't be dissapointed, it is excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great High Chair, 27 Feb 2013
This is a really lovely high chair that looks great in your home and is also easy to use and clean. It was pretty straightforward to put together (and I am no good at DIY - in fact 19 year old au pair put one of them together by herself!). Needed 2 as have twins, so was keen to get something that wasn't too garish and had a small overall footprint. This chair definitely fits the bill. It takes up very little space, looks smart and like a proper piece of furniture, and is comfortable for babies (even large ones like mine!). I spent a long time looking into high chairs as didn't want to waste money buying something we then didn't like or use. But so pleased with these and use them every day. Tray comes off easily and whole thing easy to wipe clean. Quite expensive for a high chair, but I would say its in a different league from all the others I've seen, and you can at least use it for a few years as it converts to a toddler chair. Great but, would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 9 April 2012
We purchased this after a year struggling with a Chico highchair. Our daughter tends to slump in other chairs but this is fantastic at keeping her in a good position. A neat size for our small kitchen too. Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent, compact and clearly comfortable choice - everything well proportioned, 19 Nov 2013
A. White (UK) - See all my reviews
Having bought a Chicco Polly because it seemed like "a good size" and then returned it as it turned out to be almost laughably oversized in tray & feet dimensions, I had wondered whether this Oxo Tot Sprout, being such a smaller chair, would be stable and safe.

It turns out this product was the very best choice - and is a great option for those with limited kitchen space.

It has proved easy to clean, easy to move and the tray is very logically designed and simple to connect and remove.. (again much better than the Chicco's design, for those comparing models).

Ideal hgeight will obviously depend on your needs but this seems to be right for all our tables.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant high chair and worth every penny, 22 Nov 2012
Whilst expensive, this highchair is great. My daughter is very small, but she can sit well in the oxo tot. It's easy to clean and looks great too. Definitely well worth the expensive price tag.

5.0 out of 5 stars One year on..., 21 Aug 2013
Ca55idy (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OXO Tot Sprout Highchair (Green/Walnut) (Baby Product)
We've had this chair for just about a year now and it's been great. looks fantastic, wipes down easily and we've had absolutely no problems at all - couldn't ask for more really.

OXO Tot Sprout Highchair (Green/Walnut)