Colour: Orange/Birch|Change
Price:£169.95 - £600.26

on 8 February 2014
We have had this chair for 18 months now, I wouldn't buy it again. The seat pads are inadequate as they cannot withstand regular spills of food and water, and the underside is difficult to clean. I have already had me replaced free of charge under warranty, but they soon wear out again. There are a myriad of crevices where particles of food are trapped easily and the only way to keep the chair hygienic is to dismantle the tray and the seat tray holding post completely, ( screwdriver job) - gunk collects inside both! - this is a lot of work and hassle. A good size seat to sit in but the lower positions for toddlers will not have them able to sit at an average table height, they will be too low and there will be a massive gap at the back. The wood veneer on the frame easily chips and cracks. Believe me, this chair has had proper use and regular and immediate cleaning, - it simply isn't fit for purpose.
on 7 February 2012
Original review Feb 2012:

Bought this chair in Dec for our daughter, in anticipation of starting weaning. (Note that at least towards the end of last year the price fluctuated - from something like £199 then £165 then £150 and finally £125 for the Orange/birch colour on Amazon - albeit way cheaper than anyone else, and with free delivery)

Aesthetically it is a very nice design, and the small footprint means it can be easily accommodated in our fairly small kitchen. In general we find the design to be practical and our daughter seems to really enjoy the chair and find it comfortable.

Two drawbacks encountered so far (week 2 of weaning):

1. As mentioned in other reviews, the tray is not a solid piece, but rather two main parts clipped together, containing a spring mechanism that is part of the adjustment mechanism (enables you to adjust how near to your child the tray is - 3 positions - or easily remove it, all one handed). The adjustability is great. What isn't is that the tray is not sealed, so I can envisage water and food seeping in. You cannot dunk the tray in the sink as doing so would flood the internals with water, which I can imagine would take forever to properly dry out. So cleaning has to be limited to wiping with a cloth.

2. It turns out that the white plastic of the tray easily stains - in our case, with a butternut squash puree. I contacted Oxo UK, and their reply suggests that this is well known. They said that their tests (by the 'US design team') showed that fairy liquid and a scourer would eventually remove staining - but that results would not be 'instantaneous'. I have tried this approach without success so far.

So, all in all a bit of a mixed bag. Looks great, lots of great design features, but has a couple of drawbacks related to the tray that might be a deal breaker for some.

Edited July 2013, to add:
- With our daughter about to turn 2 the tray (no problems in practice) and straps (easily removed) have long since been removed and the chair is simply pulled up to the table, where it fits very nicely. She can climb into the chair by herself (still needs supervision getting down).
- We really love this seat, which has served us very well, is easy to clean and still looks great. Compared to chairs used by friends' children etc it has a very small footprint and does not dominate the room it is used in (kitchen).
- The staining issue with the tray wasn't as permanent as it seemed, certainly not a deal breaker.
- Don't forget to occasionally check the screws are tight.

I originally gave this 3 stars, but reckon 4.5 is more like it. Very happy.
22 comments|50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 February 2013
This is a really lovely high chair that looks great in your home and is also easy to use and clean. It was pretty straightforward to put together (and I am no good at DIY - in fact 19 year old au pair put one of them together by herself!). Needed 2 as have twins, so was keen to get something that wasn't too garish and had a small overall footprint. This chair definitely fits the bill. It takes up very little space, looks smart and like a proper piece of furniture, and is comfortable for babies (even large ones like mine!). I spent a long time looking into high chairs as didn't want to waste money buying something we then didn't like or use. But so pleased with these and use them every day. Tray comes off easily and whole thing easy to wipe clean. Quite expensive for a high chair, but I would say its in a different league from all the others I've seen, and you can at least use it for a few years as it converts to a toddler chair. Great but, would highly recommend.
on 7 June 2015
We have had one of these for 4 years! It is a very sturdy piece of furniture which is excellent as we have 2 very strong little boys. It is very safe for the child. However as an adult there some frustrations.
1. The top layer to the seat pads is flimsy at best and easily picked off or wiped off with a cloth over time.
2. I have pinched my hand in the tray mechanism quite a few times.
3. The Velcro pads don't really stick any more, you can't take the pads on and off too many times before this happens.
4. The tray is a Matt finish so you can't stick suction toys to it and it stains.
However I have used this everyday for 4 years and it still looks good. I have looked after it and not used chemical cleaners on it. It converts to a chair very easily and is really great for toddlers. I am very glad I bought it. My friends are all on second or third high chair and we have only used this one.
on 15 June 2011
I spotted this chair when I was looking around for a good high chair for my daughter and could only find reviews praising it, here and on other websites. It looked sturdy and functional and I liked the idea of a chair which can be used for a baby and toddler as well as being convertable for an older child.

It arrived yesterday and I found it really easy to assemble with clear instructions (and good diagrams). The straps were easy to adjust to fit my baby and the tray slides on and off extremely easily with one hand so leaves the other free to keep little hands out of its way. The way the tray is fitted should ensure that it isn't placed at a difficult level for your child to reach, my 6 month old certainly doesn't have any trouble reaching the tray, which also comes to almost exactly the same level as my dining table so she can eat at the same level as everyone else and get a good look at what's going on.

The seat cushions are nicely thick and soft and should keep even the wiggliest of babies comfortable while the hook and eye fastening will keep them firmly in place but still allow them to be easily removed for cleaning.

My daughter sat in the chair quite happily earlier today (admittedly I'm not sure how long that's likely to last) having great fun smearing yogurt all over herself while I was happy that she was safe and secure in the chair and wasn't about to slip, fall or be uncomfortable.

While not the cheapest of chairs available this one appears to be worth the money based on the build quality and ease of use experienced so far - admittedly this has been pretty limited as yet but I'm hopeful that this chair will continue to impress and suit my little one for many years to come.
on 22 November 2012
Whilst expensive, this highchair is great. My daughter is very small, but she can sit well in the oxo tot. It's easy to clean and looks great too. Definitely well worth the expensive price tag.
on 3 June 2013
Great high chair, good height, easy to clean. Only shame is the tray, very flat meaning everything ends up on the floor.
on 6 June 2016
Our daughter likes her sprout so we got a second for our son given she's still using hers. Her tray table has scratches where we have cut directly on it, but even tomato sauce marks disappear and it is in v good shape still. Once you know how to move/remove it using the button underneath it's easy.
The seat cushions wipe down easily and remove for more thorough cleaning,so the only hard bit to clean is the Velcro underneath the cushion- crumbs catch in this. Otherwise easy enough to keep clean.
Our daughter now climbs in and out on her own. The restraining seat belt is good as she can climb out if not used, even if the tray table all the way in, though more recently we have stopped using this.
I like how it looks. It isn't cheap but is well made, doesn't take long to put together and nicely height adjustable. It obviously doesn't fold away but that's fine for us!
on 26 April 2014
Great chair, easy to assemble, looks good and comfortable. my baby loves sitting in it to play as well as eat. When you take tray off fits under table too.
I love that it will last so long, worth the money
on 12 May 2016
Gorgeous highchair, well made and sturdy for little ones. My 5 month old has been able to sit in the chair without being strapped in and can be in the kitchen with me whilst I am cooking. My only criticism would be that there are no handles to be able to move the highchair easily and as it is solid it can be heavy to bend and lift it. The highchair also does not fold up which is not an issue for me as I have plenty of space and was aware of this when purchasing but for those with smaller kitchens this would not be very practical. I love it though.