Style Name: 100 Litres|Colour: Black/Thunder|Change

on 13 February 2015
The product is good although not as described. The description on Amazon suggested the bag had a stow away shoulder strap and also large end pockets with soft wall lining. When I received the bag there was only one end pocket and there was no shoulder strap! I contacted Amazon and they said to return the item and they would replace it. The replacement bag was identical to the first! The label with the bag also incorrectly states that there are end pockets and a shoulder strap so it probably isn't entirely the fault of Amazon but I would have expected that their QC procedures would have identified this misrepresentation and to have corrected it. The product is still OK but would have been so much better had the features described been included. I purchased the smaller Mule 80 a couple of years ago and it does have two end pockets and a detachable shoulder strap. Had I had more time I would probably have returned the second item also but as I needed a new bag for an imminent holiday, I reluctantly kept it. I have just checked the Amazon site and it still states that padded shoulder straps and end pockets are included.
on 25 November 2013
I am just amazed by the number of reviewers that have complained or marked this bag down because it is big.

That is a design feature! It will fit all your stuff for a longhaul flight and it is robust and well made. And it is light.. only 3.5kg, find a lighter case if you can!

I have taken it on several flights and it looks how it did when I bought it. Nuff said..
on 19 May 2012
Pros: Quality of material is good. It is light but strong. This helps to keep weight of bag down.
Adjustable trolley handle strong with little flex.
Shoulder straps useful but not as comfortable as a rucksack so not for long hauling.
Cons: Large end pocket zip a bit stiff.
Could do with a couple of small internal zipped pockets.
Overall: A light and good sized wheeled luggage with the added advantage of lugging it as a backpack if you need to.
on 13 July 2014
Great bag, can be a pulled along by either a carry handle or the extendable handle, carried as a back pack or slung over the shoulder, also has a end compartment for laundry and a little side pocket. I travel allot and has been very handy so far. Only down fall is it cannot be stood on its end
on 16 February 2011
Very robust and well made, with tough fabric and strong zips. Handles long enough to sling over a shoulder, but also have clips on them which enable the bag to be carried like a rucsac. However, don't order it close to your travel deadline - the first one that arrived was faulty, with the extending handle refusing to extend. This was exchanged free of charge via Amazon returns but took a few days to resolve.
on 8 February 2013
I hadn't realised how big 120 litres is! This is a great bag - very well made from good quality materials and well up to the job. As it is so capacious, it's easy to got over the weight limit of most airlines, so beware.

Tough fabric, good zips, sturdy handles.

It has survived a trip from London to Taiwan and numerous train and bus journeys without giving any problems at all.

(My only grouse would be that the hard wheels are a bit noisy)
on 26 April 2010
We were looking for a good sized soft bag fit for family, air and car travel. With its versatile wheel and shoulder strap system it fitted our remit.I also trust the in the name Berghaus for good quality. Simply scuba also had an excellent customer service response when i had a query.
on 16 January 2011
I was looking at either this or a large north face bag as a durable travel bag. After seeing this in a shop, i ordered it off amazon as it was 40% cheaper.

Whilst clearly not being as strong as the north face bag, at about 1/3 of the price it seems much more worth it. The bag material and design are great with only the wheels and the wheely handle seeming slightly less durable than the north face bag. It's spacious, comfortable to use and very strong.
on 5 August 2010
Having initially gone for a North Face (Large) duffel bag, which is similarly priced, I was far more impressed with this offering from Berghaus. I rejected the North Face bag because I didn't think the quality and size warranted the price. I then went to a camping retailer where they had the Berghaus Mule 100 on offer. As they didn't have any in stock, I opted to order the Mule 120 from Amazon (which was cheaper than the Mule 100 at the shop). What a difference to the North Face bag! It's huge - you could probably sleep in it (slight exaggeration). Much better option - very impressed, and the wheeled facility is an additional extra not offered by the North Face alternative.
on 15 August 2012
I am a Backpacker who travels a lot.At 65 years of age I was beginning to find a standard large Rucksack difficult at times so I decided to look for a compromise.The Berghaus Mule fitted my requirements exactly.The bag is rugged and well put together a must given the travelling I do.The price you sold it at was also the most competitive.I'm really pleased with it.

See one answered question