4.0 out of 5 stars sturdy workhorse
Published on 16 Feb 2011 by Dr Jools

2.0 out of 5 stars Major design flaw in this bag - don't buy it!
Published 15 months ago by Mr. P. Powell

2.0 out of 5 stars Major design flaw in this bag - don't buy it!, 23 Sep 2013
Mr. P. Powell (UK) - See all my reviews
I took this bag on a three month trip to Africa and it really let me down. I was furious as I have five Berghaus Mule products and really rate them. The problem is that the wheels splay under weight and you end up dragging the bag along like a plough. Have just compared the Mule 100 (I have one) and the 120 and discovered what the flaw is - the manufacturer has cut corners and used the same reinforcing ribs on both bags - in the case of the Mule 120 it is about ten centimeters too short! This leaves the wheels unsupported and hence the problem - such an excellent product let down by such a stupid short cut. I am going to try and modify mine and repair all of the damage done to the underside from dragging it around Africa. Am dissapointed that Bergahus let that slip through their quality control. Sadly I cant return it now as bought it on Amazon in January. My advice - stick to the Mule 100 - it is brilliant!Berghaus Mule 120 Wheeled Unisex Adult Wheeled Travel Luggage

4.0 out of 5 stars sturdy workhorse, 16 Feb 2011
This review is from: Berghaus Mule 100 Litre Wheeled Travel Luggage (Sports)
Very robust and well made, with tough fabric and strong zips. Handles long enough to sling over a shoulder, but also have clips on them which enable the bag to be carried like a rucsac. However, don't order it close to your travel deadline - the first one that arrived was faulty, with the extending handle refusing to extend. This was exchanged free of charge via Amazon returns but took a few days to resolve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 16 Jan 2011
I was looking at either this or a large north face bag as a durable travel bag. After seeing this in a shop, i ordered it off amazon as it was 40% cheaper.

Whilst clearly not being as strong as the north face bag, at about 1/3 of the price it seems much more worth it. The bag material and design are great with only the wheels and the wheely handle seeming slightly less durable than the north face bag. It's spacious, comfortable to use and very strong.

4.0 out of 5 stars noisy wheels, 27 Nov 2010
Big and good quality.
I was choosing between this one and the EASTPACK of the same seize.
Lockable zipper. I like it that it has very few pockets. Less stuff that can break.
The wheels are unfortunately of low quality. I was hoping for rollerblade wheels but the ones supplied are of hard plastic. Maybe OK for the airport buy wery noisy when rolled on asphalt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berhaus Mule 100, 9 Mar 2012
This review is from: Berghaus Mule 100 Litre Wheeled Travel Luggage (Sports)
Got this for travelling to Australia and it was ideal. No faults that I found and it took all the knocks at the airport. It can easily hold the maximium weight of 20kg, that I was allowed, so care must be taken not exceed any weight restrictions if flying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great family travel bag, 26 April 2010
A. Lee (West sussex England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Berghaus Mule 100 Litre Wheeled Travel Luggage (Sports)
We were looking for a good sized soft bag fit for family, air and car travel. With its versatile wheel and shoulder strap system it fitted our remit.I also trust the in the name Berghaus for good quality. Simply scuba also had an excellent customer service response when i had a query.

4.0 out of 5 stars good not perfect, 21 Mar 2011
maybe a bit of an over do with compression straps which I think most people dont end up using though, it is useful of course after rucksack conversion. The other thing i have seem on competing products is softer/rubberised wheels for quieter use which would be very useful in a lot of tourist spots with cobbled roads etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty heavy duty, 17 April 2013
David Bowring (Milton Keynes, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this bag for two reasons, one was that I was just about to head off to Greece for a week with my girlfriend and the other to fit all my photography equipment (tripods, light stands etc) into when travelling around or doing a photo shoot.

At first glance my girlfriend hated it saying it wouldn't provide any protection, but I said what valuables do you really want to store in a bag that's going to get flung around in customs anyway.. We shoved all our clothes in it, and literally I think my girlfriend packed everything she owned. It handled it brilliantly.

I like the fact is has the adapt-a-strap feature like my Berghaus Optimus 40 Wheeled Travel Bag so if you REALLY want to you can strap it on like a rucksack. I found it much easier to strap my smaller bag on and just wheel this big bag around. The build quality is rugged, I'm sure it will survive many more trips abroad. The only down side is that although the main compartment has heavy duty zips with padlock holes, the other compartment doesn't, and it even has a small zip that allows you to get through to the main compartment. That's a bit of an over-sight in my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed the zip test., 4 Oct 2014
This review is from: Berghaus Mule 100 Litre Wheeled Travel Luggage (Sports)
Rubbish. Bought this for the maritime security circuit. Came in good time. Did a solid inspection and failed the zip test. Push a BIC type pen I between the teeth of the zip. Apply reasonable pressure and the zip splits open. Open the bag steel the contents and then re zip it by pulling both zips that'll be no doubt locked and no visible damage has been done. Returned it. Full refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars maybe think about ordering the 100ltr, 10 Sep 2012
this is a great bag from berghaus. very sturdy build with good quality zips and fittings. buy this if you want a good strong wheeled hold all but watch the sizeing. 120 ltrs is huge and would be easy to go over most airline weight limits. im an average sized man at 5' 8'' and i managed to fit inside it!!! but you can down size it with built in compression straps. buy this if you need a huge quality bag but i think the 100ltr is a more useable size especially if your using this as a suit case alternative.

Berghaus Mule 100 Litre Wheeled Travel Luggage