5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Value for Money
Published on 22 Oct. 2011 by Son of Sam

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price
Published 15 months ago by D. Ormrod

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Value for Money, 22 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Celestron 71008 25x70 Skymaster Porro Prism Binoculars (Electronics)
I've been an amateur astronomer for a while now and have a couple of telescopes both of which are pretty bulky. I also had a pair of 10x50 bins which are highly portable of course but with only 10 magnification and not a lot of light gathering ability, they were never going to show much detail. I bought these as a grab and go for when you just want to have a quick look at Jupiter and its moons or a scan of the lunar surface. At the price, I was only expecting something that was a bit better than my 10x50s but wow, the viewing through these is terrific and I hadn't quite appreciated just how much better they would be. The moon is a joy to view through these, they are very easy to focus and have an excellent quality feel to them. The tripod mount adapter is pretty wobbly to be honest but that's not the real purpose of these. If you're in the mood to set up tripods then get an astroscope but these are small and light enough to hold without any problems.

I really am very very pleased. Another brilliant low cost item from Celestron.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant binoculars, would definitely recommend, 15 Aug. 2013
Me and my dad went half on these and we bought them because we are both keen 'sky watchers' and these are brilliant additions to our hobby. They arrived about 3-4 days after order which was very impressive.

Pros:
Everything; I don't quite know what else to say, you can get good clear close up views of distant objects, one thing that really took me was the fact that you could see thousands if not millions more stars in the night sky than you can with your own eyes, it is really unbelievable. You can get a great view of the moon and its craters and some people have said you can even see other planets and their moons but we are yet to confirm this as the number of clear nights we get here is very limited.

Cons:
Well there is only one and that is that they are quite heavy and strain your arms and neck after prolonged holding, I imagine looking up at the sky for prolonged periods also has a impact on your neck too.

If you love watching the sky, looking at the stars and other astronomical bodies, bird watching or anything which requires long distance viewing, then these are perfect but they are heavy due to the size of them so I would recommend getting a tripod. One other thing is that it comes with a carry case and neck strap which is a big bonus as it means you don't need to buy them separately and makes them much more portable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away, Superb, BUY SOME, 7 Feb. 2012
My wife and I are just getting into astronomy, she has the telescope so I decided to get a good set of binoculars. I cannot beleive how good these binoculars are. The close ups are amazing. The clarity of the images superb!!!! All moons of Jupiter are clearly visable, Mars, WOW, Venus, amazingly bright and the Moon is simply sensational(especially when full) I could go on and on about how good these bins are. If you want a great piece of kit to get going into astronomy or bird watching then I can only say one thing about these binoculars, BUY SOME!!!!! You wont be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of bins - brilliant value, 13 Oct. 2011
At the price these are a fantastic piece of kit. As stated in other reviews the tripod clamp isn't the best, but is easily replaced and when mounted on a tripod they give superb views of the heavens. The satellites of Jupiter are crisp and beautiful, many of the messier objects I have observed are stunning. I have a 102mm / 4 inch refractor which is great but a real chore to set up, these bins offer speedy and portable viewing. Buy a pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 20 Mar. 2011
Gj Keast (Ashford UK) - See all my reviews
Just right for my needs. General star gazing. Exceeded my expectations and value/cost was about right.
Worth the money for sure.

5.0 out of 5 stars The sky's not the limit!, 8 Jan. 2013
R. Thompson (Huddersfield, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'm a complete beginner when it comes to amateur astronomy and whilst developing my knowledge I felt a pair of binoculars would be better suited and more practical than a telescope.

As luck would have it, on the day they were delivered there was a full moon and clear night sky.

The binoculars were perfectly collimated out of the box (or at least to my eyes they were), and using the supplied tripod mount, attached them to my tripod and pointed at the moon. Wow, you can look at all the pictures on the internet and in books you want, but there's nothing quite like seeing it live and close up right in front of you. I was also able to make out the 5 moons of Jupiter and feel they paid for themselves instantly.

It's amazing being able to point these at the sky and see stars that are simply not visible with the naked eye, and really makes you think "just because you can't see it doesn't mean it isn't there".

For anyone looking to justify the cost, I can easily spend the money on filling my car up and getting 500 miles from it - for the same price you can see stars and planets and millions of miles away AND should last you a lifetime! Go buy you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Celestron Binos, 9 Oct. 2011
This is a fantastic pair of binos. They are great for bird watching and for stargazing and you can see the moon in great detail as well as the moons of Jupiter. The 20x80 would be just too heavy for bird watching - but these are ideal with an aperture of 70 mm and a magnification of 25 - great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Buy, 10 April 2014
Very please with these Binoculars. I was concerned that they might be heavy, but I find that they are no way as heavy as the reviews
lead me to believe. I do agree that they do need some support, but that's down to the 25x magnification and not the weight . I normally find something to lean against, just as I do when I take photos with a camera. But I have adapted a cheap monopod and a cheap tripod so its a monopod with three legs when needed. Best of both worlds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 July 2013
It was a present for my partner and it was spot on, he loves it. It's ok for star gazing, and the view of moon is just amazing.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price, 28 Feb. 2014
D. Ormrod "david11622" (England) - See all my reviews
You will need a tripod to use bins with such a large magnification, trying to view objects hand held is impossible, but that applies to any large mag optics. This particular pair suffer from horrendous chromatic aberration but then what do you expect for the price. If you're only using them for stargazing you'd be better off paying a bit extra and getting a medium size Dobsonian or Newtonian telescope, probably just as portable considering you need a tripod with these bins.
To sum up - OK for the cost.