4.0 out of 5 stars Very good
I was a bit surprised at how much I enjoyed this. I have always found him to be a bit hit and miss, amusing but rarely that funny.

There were plenty of genuine laugh out loud moments. He has a great affable and relaxed presence. It is 100 minutes long which makes it longer than most stand-up comedy DVDs.
Published on 28 Nov 2010 by The Emperor

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed
Me and Hubby watch 8 out of 10 cats quite a bit, and other various panel shows that Sean is on, and we thought he is hialrious, he has us both in stitches. I bought this as part of an xmas prez for my Hubby, and I dont think we properly laughed once. I was just expecting so much more.
Published on 16 Oct 2011 by Mrs. Jodie F. Batten

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 28 Nov 2010
The Emperor (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

5.0 out of 5 stars lockipedia tour, 8 Nov 2010
Mr. S. Silver - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sean Lock - Lockipedia Live [DVD] (DVD)
Me and my girlfriend saw Sean Lock the other day at perth concert hall, he was absolutely hillarious. I love his sense of humour its truly unique. I,ve been to see Jimmy Carr twice live aswell and these two guys are by far my favourite comedians of all time. I just wish Sean would start doing more tours every season, his stories and jokes are amazing. Highlights of his show include how he gets revenge on his daughter when she pours ribena all over his computer and also what it would be like to win a night in bed with Madonna. Buy this dvd you will absolutely love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Comedian is very funny!!!, 12 Feb 2011
T. S. C. (Somewhere in NW England.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sean Lock - Lockipedia Live [DVD] (DVD)
I have been a big fan of Sean Lock for quite a while now, and in anticipating 'Lockipedia' I haven't been disappointed. He maintains the laughter rate all through the show, and every couple of minutes says something that will have you laughing out loud and resulting in the type of ache that hurts but is enjoyable! He mentions all sorts of things in his humour, two of whom in this show involve Piers Morgan and Nick Griffin of the BNP. Piers gets off fairly lightly but what he said about Nick Griffin was so funny (and cruel) that if you are not Nick Griffin you will laugh until your sides hurt and if you are Nick Griffin I expect you will cry till your sides hurt!

Anyway, for my money Sean Lock is one of Britain's funniest comedians and stand-ups along with Bill Bailey and Jack Dee for sheer ability to make people laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Understated genius, 3 Feb 2011
This review is from: Sean Lock - Lockipedia Live [DVD] (DVD)
Sean Lock must be the most underrated comedian in Britain today and deserves to be put up on a pedestal with Sam Kinison, Geroge Carlin and Stewart Lee. Yes, very different to those three - not immediately subversive or political but in terms of the way in which he manipulates and subverts his subject matter he is up there with the greats. To the comically uninitiated, Lock must look like a "clever" observational comic, yet he is much more than that. There is an underlying sense that Lock "gets" comedy and knows that on the surface, what he does can be conveyed as straight observational routine. But look further and much of what Lock does relies on the intelligence of the audience; that they have a knowledge of the mechanics of comedy and the idea that as an art form, comedy is there to be played with and poked at.
Elsewhere, he is typical of the tradition of British self-deprecation ("not funny but not boring either") while adding to the mix a dose of surrealism, deadpan and physical comedy - the latter of which he manages to pull of dressed in a middle-management suit and glasses while dancing like Madonna. No doubt the physical side of Lock's comedy is enjoyable but what Lockipedia provides is a blend of comedic styles. Added to that, Lock never offends, and there is a warmth to his routine but there is no hiding the anarchic undertone that stands Lock apart from the current crop of "TV" comedians.
Perhaps what is so refreshing is that Lock is a fearless comedian who manages to maintain a broad appeal. Add in a sublime sense of the ridiculous, and (cliche though it may be), there is something for everyone in Lockipedia. I hope it gets the recognition it deserves. Hard to believe that the first thing to come up on a google search of his name is "Sean Lock not funny". There must be a lot of people who don't understand comedy. Buy it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars birthday present, 21 Oct 2011
This review is from: Sean Lock - Lockipedia Live [DVD] (DVD)
as always entertaining comedian as we had expected. makes a great present amongst other bits and bobs, we both enjoyed it and can use it lend to friends anytime.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 16 Oct 2011
Mrs. Jodie F. Batten "Jodes" (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars comedy, 19 April 2011
This review is from: Sean Lock - Lockipedia Live [DVD] (DVD)
what can i say he is just brilliant, when im down and feeling sad i just put this guy on and he makes me laugh. though not as good as his first but everthing is like that even the movies the sequels are never as good as the first movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolute top quality, 16 Oct 2010
S. Mills (Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sean Lock - Lockipedia Live [DVD] (DVD)
Can't wait for this DVD to come out. For those of you who have been to the Lockipedia tour you'll know what you're in for. For those of you who didn't you missed Sean delivering belting stand up and super slick interaction with the audience. Not only was it extremely funny but really therapeutic too as some of lifes annoyances were dealt with in Seans inimitable way. He's a man utterly at ease with an audience and highly skilled in going off track and reacting to the crowd. Seeing him on TV I'm always impressed with how he carries the shows he appears on and that charisma and unparalleled humour will appear here. I say that because although I haven't seen the DVD yet I did witness one of the shows on the tour and I laughed til I ached. Am looking forward to reliving the memories of that great night out. Thanks Sean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 Nov 2010
This review is from: Sean Lock - Lockipedia Live [DVD] (DVD)
I remember feeling a teensy bit underwhelmed by his first DVD last year. After enjoying so much of his TV work, where he constantly steals the show, I found his DVD merely 'good' (though it has grown on me after repeat views).
This one, however, is right on the money. His set is sharper, the laughs come thicker and faster and he makes it all seem so effortless, with a genuine warmth to his personality.
And the whole thing runs for almost 100 minutes too, giving this real value for money. It's become a tradition in the last few years to see all the big stand-up comedians release a new DVD in November, and there is a lot of very good choice, but Sean Lock must be top of your list. Fantastic stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Milk, milk, lemonade, round the corner chocolates made, 6 Feb 2012
While not quite as consistently funny as his previous live DVD release, Lock is still in fine form as he patrols the stage at the Hammersmith Apollo for his 2011 tour `Lockipedia'. Still, unbelievably, he is one of the best but also one of the most underrated stand-ups of our time. Lock performs with his characteristic acerbic but often surreal wit and supreme likeability and covers topics as diverse as patriotism, Nick Griffin, shopping in Lidl, wheat intolerance and the lines on his own forehead.

There is a period in the show where Lock asks for members of the audience to suggest a word beginning with a certain letter for him to improvise some comedy based around that subject, hence `Lockipedia'. It's a good idea for an interlude, but in practice probably the weakest part of the performance. Thankfully, it is relatively short. In this show at any rate, Lock saves the best until last with his monologue about Madonna, her influence as a role model and what it would be like if you had to have sex with her. Another terrific routine from Lock, and a splendid blu-ray release to boot.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xaccdc87c)

Sean Lock - Lockipedia Live [DVD]
Sean Lock - Lockipedia Live [DVD] by Sean Lock (DVD - 2010)
6.85