4.0 out of 5 stars convenient and easy
Good product, easy to apply, a good fine mist with even coverage. It seems to be doing the job on my mare's light rug as she is staying completely dry. I would use this product again.
Published on 26 Sep 2011 by kathleen

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't really work
I bought this to spray on my motorcycle jacket and trousers (textile). I applied it several times evenly and dried it overnight with a dehumidifier but it made no difference, still leaks as much as without it.
Published 15 months ago by Andy

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nikwax TX Direct Spray (Sports)
Quick delivery, very good product, will use again. Good seller. Product exactly as described in description. Used in my animal winter coat and north face shell, both now repel water really well

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Sep 2011
It waas fine, quick to order, no fuss and easy, arrived as promissed, a bit earlier if I remember. No complaints at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good weatherproofing, but short interval, 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Nikwax TX Direct Spray (Sports)
Contrary to what it says on the bottle, I suspect this requires a cycle in the dryer to activate the waterproofing and improve effectiveness.
Otherwise, it works a treat, and gives your jacket a super-smooth surface for water to bead off.

1 pass of my North Face Goretex jacket (factory waterproofed when new) with this stuff was enough to keep the water beading off the jacket for a week's worth of rain.
When I say a week's worth, I mean it was over 2 weeks with intermittent rain almost every other day (walked in the rain for about 40 mins per day); so some of it might rub off when you're going about your day's business, thereby wearing off.

I also went a step further and coated the top of my backpack with the stuff as an experiment; it slowed the ingress of water into my bag enough such that I could get home without having wet paper edges. It wasn't as effective because the material my backpack is made of is much coarser than goretex - but it still works nonetheless.

I then went a little bit crazy and coated my Crumpler camera pouch (chicken tex fabric), goretex hiking boots, tripod carrier........

5.0 out of 5 stars Waterproof spray, 25 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nikwax TX Direct Spray (Sports)
Bought this to re-proof my dogs coats but I have been spraying it on everything. Easy to use and works. Great product

5.0 out of 5 stars Did the job!, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nikwax TX Direct Spray (Sports)
I bought this spray after several attempts at reproofing my ski jacket with the wash-in products failed miserably. This was a last ditch attempt to reproof the jacket before I threw in the towel and bought a new one. I was a little skeptical after reading some of the reviews, but to my delight it worked perfectly and my jacket is like new...and it's saved me a considerable amount of money buying a new one! Delighted and will definitely buy this product again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great service, good product, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Nikwax TX Direct Spray (Sports)
Works like a charm on my 5 year old, very much abused Gore-Tex jacket. Needs fairly frequent reapplication (about once a fortnight) and has an initial vinegary smell which goes away with time but might bother some people. Seller dispatched first thing Monday morning after I placed my order late on Sunday night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax fabric spray, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Nikwax TX Direct Spray (Sports)
Does what It says. Spray clean, dry garment outside if possible. Leave to dry. Rain will just run off. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars As described, great item!, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Nikwax TX Direct Spray (Sports)
As described, great item!
Would recommend as does what it says on the tin.
Get it, well worth it! Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainproof at last, 20 July 2013
R. J. Laing (hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikwax TX Direct Spray (Sports)
Having used other makes of waterproofing that get washed in (how can that work?). This spray on waterproofing from Nikwax is so easy to use and it works after only one application.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 16 Jun 2013
Mrs. L. J. Foden-bonnar "Lyndy" (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
Great product, easy to use, makes my coats and trousers waterproof. Even used it on shoes and its worked great

Nikwax TX Direct Spray 300ml -