‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Themapen... buy it ... you won't regret it..., 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: SuperFast Thermapen - professional food thermometer in purple
Worth every penny! It's fast, easy to clean and so much better than the standard "probe on a lead" one that it replaced. Due to it being quick and accurate I find I use it more, which results in better taste and texture in the food as it is cooked just as you intended. Some people overcook food "just in case", using the Thermapen makes this unnecessary. It's British and also Purple... great!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best food thermometer I've ever used., 14 Jun. 2013
B. MCDONALD - See all my reviews
Wow, this this thing is awesome! And seems they really take pride and care in manufacturing and presenting their product. Calibrated by hand (with a hand signed certificate!) before being packaged and sold, accuracy far greater than needed in a kitchen, solid build, handy cooking guides/reference cards, and instantaneous temperature reading (yes, wiggle it a bit in say a chicken breast, you'll see the temperature move by tenths of a degree!).

This is really more an investment than a purchase... totally chuffed : D

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, well worth the money, 24 April 2014
Had read about this item in a review and its a great buy. Have used it for about three weeks and it has certainly made our cooking easier. You now know when your meat is cooked. Noticed that things like chicken breast and small joints are ready a lot quicker that instructions say on dish wrappings, last night the chicken was cooked in 20 minutes whereas the instructions said 30-35 minutes so saving on electricity and meat not spoilt. A really good buy and a great present for any cook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Initial reaction, 22 Feb. 2014
Just received this morning - first impressions - wow! My wife has been cooking for the last fifty years and has not poisoned us once due to undercooked food! However we have promised ourselves that we should buy a food thermometer especially cooking poultry as the temptation is always to overcook. Looking at all the devices available it did seem to me that this is an area where you really only do get what you pay for and the comments on many of the cheaper devices raised alarm bells. The SuperFast Thermapen seems to be an excellent piece of equipment - professional. We have not tried it yet and I will post an amendment later after we have used it a few times but I could not believe how sensitive the device is when I held the probe tip and it measured my body temperature in seconds! I have not reason to believe this will not perform and meet all our expectations. You only get what you pay for! P.S. excellent delivery service ETI.
Have now used this device cooking chicken and boy have we been over cooking ours for the last 50 years! Our cooking temperature is about 20 degrees over the recommended this is inserting probe at thickest part of chicken leg. Still need to build a bit of confidence but all in all a brilliant bit of kit. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars now I have two excellent thermapens, 16 May 2013
I needed a good thermometer for dyeing and already have one of these in the kitchen. I know for a fact that this is a very reliable instrument and gives a reading very quickly. The scale is very clear, large and so easy to read. I have had several `normal` thermometers in the past but they break or I cannot read them. I highly recommend the thermapen

5.0 out of 5 stars Never over or under cook meat again with this fab gadget!, 16 April 2014
If you care about the finished result of your cooked meat then you have to get one of these. Previously I had a cheaper version which was just totally inaccurate - there's no point in having a food thermometer if you can't trust in it 100% so I decided to splash out a bit more cash for one of these and have not looked back. It's accurate every time and I would stake my life on it!. It may seem expensive to some but when you consider the fact that you will never again make an expensive mistake when cooking and you will always wow your family and friends with the results - well then it's an absolute must have I say.

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB PRODUCT, 27 July 2013
A QUALITY PRODUCT . SO EASY TO USE . UNBELIEVABLY FAST READING AND SO SUPERIOR TO OTHER THRMOMETERS I HAVE TRIED. WOULD NOT BE WITHOUT IT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to... and UK made!, 19 Feb. 2014
Great product, delivered on time, and works just as advertised. We cook a lot and had an older style analogue temp guage which we rarely used because of its usage limitations and dubious accuracy. The Thermapen is way better - in a league of its own really. Fast, accurate (we tested it in boiling water - spot on), well designed, and compact. Can't say too much more than that. Would recommend the product and the seller (ETI) which is also the UK manufacturer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant!, 16 May 2014
Mr. A. PICKUP (Highcliffe, Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
It is so reassuring when cooking things like chicken - in fact anything which might be risky - to check that it's 75 degrees or above. Don't like purple, but this was the cheapest and as it spends most of the time in a drawer anyway it doesn't matter. Stab the food, check the temp (a second or two), rinse the probe under the tap and put it away. I wouldn't be without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 27 May 2014
It is very quick to obtain an accurate reading using this and I mainly use it to check if meat is correctly cooked. It is sturdy, comes in a range of colours, is compact and easy to use. I also take it into the garden with me on the rare, sunny days we have, to find the warmest spot in which to place the garden chairs.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›