5.0 out of 5 stars nice 2-mug cafetiere
I bought this cafetiere after breaking yet another glass one. I had been looking for an 'unbreakable' metal one for some time. The jug is very nicely made in good quality stainless steel. It is double sided and keeps the coffee hot for much longer than a glass one does.

Published on 27 July 2010 by A. Shiell

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product
I was very disappointed with this product and I sent it back for a refund. A friend has a visually identical product so I knew what to expect.
Published on 16 Nov. 2012 by Diontius

5.0 out of 5 stars nice 2-mug cafetiere, 27 July 2010
A. Shiell "Polecat" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grunwerg Double-wall Straight Sided Cafetiere, 6 Cup (Kitchen & Home)

A clarification on the size: Initially I bought the '3-cup' version only to discover that it was very small - only enough for one mug of coffee. I was able to return that and got this one to replace it. This '6-cup' version makes 2 decent sized mugs. There is also a 9-cup version which would make 3 mugs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, robust and practical, 18 April 2012
John Williams (Apeldoorn, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is a really nice cafetiere. I bought it to replace a glass one, which cracked when I looked at it the wrong way. This one looks very strong, and I expect it to last a lot longer. The filter fits snugly into the cylinder, and is effective. I can happily accept that will always be some dregs left in the bottom of my cup, but with this cafetiere there are fewer than with the one it replaced. When filled it will make two decent sized mugs of tasty coffee, but you can half fill it if you want less than that. The double wall keeps the coffee warm. The spout pours nicely, so the coffee ends up in the mug/cup and not over the table. The top can be turned to closed or open positions, which seems like a good idea, though I'm not sure that it's really necessary or if it adds much to the heat retaining properties. I also think that this cafetiere looks much more stylish than the glass one it replaced. So I am very happy with it. Also happy with the prompt delivery from the seller, who advised me vary accurately when the delivery would be made. One gripe. What on earth do they mean by six cups? Certainly not six of my cups! Fortunately I'd read the other reviews before ordering, so knew what to expect. I haven't deducted a star for this, as all manufacturers of cafetieres seem to use the same vague way of advertising the capacity of their products. But why not just tell us that this cafetiere will make 600 ml of coffee, which it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Where has this been all my life, 8 Nov. 2012
I have been going through a cafetiere every 6-12 months, even the better name one's like Bodum. No matter which one I got it would always end up cracking by either too quick a transition from hot to cold water or by old fashioned clumsiness.

Whatever the reason it was getting costly and as usual when I was looking for a new one I was scouring the reviews and came across this solution to my problems. The only few negative reviews were that it won't pour without dripping but that's not the case, it pours fine with no drips.

Apart from the robustness the best attribute is how long it keeps your coffee hot for. With my previous glass cafetieres they would lose heat at such a rapid rate that the coffee would often be only luke warm by the time it ended up in the cup. Even after warming the glass of the cafetiere with hot water beforehand. This would mean I would need to put the coffee in the microwave to heat it back up and I don't think that helped the flavor. With this one however, the coffee is still hot after the coffee has brewed and for some time after.

It is clearly well made and there is a good tight fit between the plunger and the walls of the cafetiere and no bits of coffee make it past the filter. The only downside is one that is not just one for this cafetiere but is more generic for all cafetieres due to the madness of the measurement of a cup. This 6 cup cafetiere will only do 2 mugs so if I was going to change anything I would pay a bit extra and get the 8 cup as it saves you brewing up twice when you have guests.

Other than that, this is by some margin the best cafetiere I have ever owned and I have had quiet a few.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 14 April 2011
I have to say this is a fantastic coffee maker, this is my third or so press pot to purchase and this is by far the best. I've never got one grain of coffee in my cup, very very minimal 'gunge' that you typically get with a press pot. Easy to clean and if you happen to forget you made coffee it will keep it warm for ages, longest i've left it was 2 hours and it was still piping hot. To people saying 'supposed to be 6 cups, makes 2 mugs' i was very aware when i bought this that 3 cups = 1 mug and always is no matter what company you get it off, same as with filter coffee makers "A cup of brewed coffee in the U.S. is typically 6 U.S. fluid ounces (180 mL)." is the definition i found online, so if you want to make 6 mugs i suggest looking for an 18 cup pot :P

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, 17 Oct. 2010
High quality, strong construction, beautiful style, does the job extremely well and great value for money. No disappointments on delivery - it's exactly what it says in the description. I've used it 3 times a day for over a week, it works perfectly, makes a great cup of coffee with that creamy froth on top and keeps the second one hot till I'm ready for it. Why would I need another cafetiere...ever?!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality product, 16 Nov. 2012
Unfortunately the one I ordered was of poor quality and sub standard. I took it out of the box and placed it on the kitchen worktop, and it was wobbling around! On inspection I discovered that the bottom was bowed out, so it could not possibly sit level. The second issue was the lid - there was about 3/4 inch of sideways play when closed. This was quite obviously a cheaply manufactured copycat of the real thing. I have since bought one in John Lewis - looks and feels the same, but no faults. This is the problem with ordering on the internet, and mail order - you can't touch and feel before you buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stainless steel caffetere, 14 April 2011
Amazon Customer "Peter" (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
We bought this to take on holiday to USA as the coffee machines in bedrooms don't make the best coffee. We bought this particular one because it's sturdy, just the right size for 2 decent sized mugs, and should last many holidays with home use in between. Just stuff a packet of your favourite coffee inside when you go on holiday. We would happily recommend it to anyone, AND it says it's made in Sheffield, yes that's England!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cafetiere, and should last for years!, 12 Mar. 2011
I need at least two mugs of real coffee to get started in the morning (I work from home) - instant coffee just doesn't have it! I've got a glass cafetiere but the coffee gets cold too quickly and I didn't think it worth paying out for an insulated jacket so I decided to buy an insulated cafetiere instead. This arrived very quickly and is in perfect condition, no scratches, dents etc. It looks very stylish on my desk and seems very solidly made. It makes good coffee (well, I make good coffee), pours well, and it keeps the coffee warm long enough for me to get through two mugs, which is all I wanted from a cafetiere.

5.0 out of 5 stars hot coffee, 5 May 2011
Great cafetiere- keeps coffee really hot, great for morning coffee in the garden. Just right for 2 of us - cup each and a top-up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Like it but......, 2 May 2013
J. Campbell "Black Diamond" (England) - See all my reviews
Like many people before,I have broken one too many glass cafetieres, and have had a stainless steele one in the past so thought I would return to type and order this one as it had fairly good reviews. Firstly may I compliment the despatch of this item, It was received within 48hrs which was very impressive, However the outer packaging and also that of the item was very battered, and upon opening and examining the cateriere there was scuff marks on the bottom and other signs which made me question wether or not I had received a new product or a 2nd. I did note at time of purchase that the website stated only 1 left so I deliberated for a week as to whether or not to return it as it was usuable and I really liked the style and desperatly needed one as I only drink fresh coffee and didn't want to use a larger machine just for a couple of small cups. In the end I kept it because (despite my concerns and on eventual use coffee splattering everywhere when the plunger was depressed! ....press VERY SLOWLY!!! and only fill up to 2inches from the spout as the lid also isn't the tightest) I am aware that this same product costs twice as much in a well known department store. So all in all it was good value for money but seems a bit hit and miss if you get a perfect one dispatched.

I also note that the same supplier is still saying "only 1 left in stock"