5.0 out of 5 stars nice 2-mug cafetiere
I bought this cafetiere after breaking yet another glass one. I had been looking for an 'unbreakable' metal one for some time. The jug is very nicely made in good quality stainless steel. It is double sided and keeps the coffee hot for much longer than a glass one does.

Published on 27 July 2010 by A. Shiell

1.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking, frustrating to use.
Lovely style, weight and it has to be said, good maker and hot holder of coffee. However the general poor quality of fit lets it down. My one had a bad fitting top so it became a regular wrestle to rotate the top from seal to pour mode. A real shame the manufacturer allows these defects through, it could be the best cafetiere on the market.
Published on 15 July 2011 by R. Wallum

5.0 out of 5 stars nice 2-mug cafetiere, 27 July 2010
A. Shiell "Polecat" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grunwerg Double-wall Straight Sided Cafetiere, 6 Cup (Kitchen & Home)

A clarification on the size: Initially I bought the '3-cup' version only to discover that it was very small - only enough for one mug of coffee. I was able to return that and got this one to replace it. This '6-cup' version makes 2 decent sized mugs. There is also a 9-cup version which would make 3 mugs.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, 17 Oct 2010
High quality, strong construction, beautiful style, does the job extremely well and great value for money. No disappointments on delivery - it's exactly what it says in the description. I've used it 3 times a day for over a week, it works perfectly, makes a great cup of coffee with that creamy froth on top and keeps the second one hot till I'm ready for it. Why would I need another cafetiere...ever?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 14 April 2011
I have to say this is a fantastic coffee maker, this is my third or so press pot to purchase and this is by far the best. I've never got one grain of coffee in my cup, very very minimal 'gunge' that you typically get with a press pot. Easy to clean and if you happen to forget you made coffee it will keep it warm for ages, longest i've left it was 2 hours and it was still piping hot. To people saying 'supposed to be 6 cups, makes 2 mugs' i was very aware when i bought this that 3 cups = 1 mug and always is no matter what company you get it off, same as with filter coffee makers "A cup of brewed coffee in the U.S. is typically 6 U.S. fluid ounces (180 mL)." is the definition i found online, so if you want to make 6 mugs i suggest looking for an 18 cup pot :P

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, robust and practical, 18 April 2012
John Williams (Apeldoorn, Netherlands) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This is a really nice cafetiere. I bought it to replace a glass one, which cracked when I looked at it the wrong way. This one looks very strong, and I expect it to last a lot longer. The filter fits snugly into the cylinder, and is effective. I can happily accept that will always be some dregs left in the bottom of my cup, but with this cafetiere there are fewer than with the one it replaced. When filled it will make two decent sized mugs of tasty coffee, but you can half fill it if you want less than that. The double wall keeps the coffee warm. The spout pours nicely, so the coffee ends up in the mug/cup and not over the table. The top can be turned to closed or open positions, which seems like a good idea, though I'm not sure that it's really necessary or if it adds much to the heat retaining properties. I also think that this cafetiere looks much more stylish than the glass one it replaced. So I am very happy with it. Also happy with the prompt delivery from the seller, who advised me vary accurately when the delivery would be made. One gripe. What on earth do they mean by six cups? Certainly not six of my cups! Fortunately I'd read the other reviews before ordering, so knew what to expect. I haven't deducted a star for this, as all manufacturers of cafetieres seem to use the same vague way of advertising the capacity of their products. But why not just tell us that this cafetiere will make 600 ml of coffee, which it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Six cups = two mugs, 30 May 2011
A nicely made and posh looking polished steel coffee maker. Being double wall, it keeps the coffee much hotter than a glass one. Bear in mind that "six cups" refers to pretty small cups. I drink coffee by the mug. This Cafetiere will fill two good sized mugs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking, frustrating to use., 15 July 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars hot coffee, 5 May 2011
Great cafetiere- keeps coffee really hot, great for morning coffee in the garden. Just right for 2 of us - cup each and a top-up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cafetiere, and should last for years!, 12 Mar 2011
I need at least two mugs of real coffee to get started in the morning (I work from home) - instant coffee just doesn't have it! I've got a glass cafetiere but the coffee gets cold too quickly and I didn't think it worth paying out for an insulated jacket so I decided to buy an insulated cafetiere instead. This arrived very quickly and is in perfect condition, no scratches, dents etc. It looks very stylish on my desk and seems very solidly made. It makes good coffee (well, I make good coffee), pours well, and it keeps the coffee warm long enough for me to get through two mugs, which is all I wanted from a cafetiere.

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect present, 29 Dec 2010
this was a christmas present for a fussy customer and fit the bill perfectly.
good quality for the money.
box was a little damaged but overall a good service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stainless steel caffetere, 14 April 2011
Amazon Customer "Peter" (Northumberland, England) - See all my reviews
We bought this to take on holiday to USA as the coffee machines in bedrooms don't make the best coffee. We bought this particular one because it's sturdy, just the right size for 2 decent sized mugs, and should last many holidays with home use in between. Just stuff a packet of your favourite coffee inside when you go on holiday. We would happily recommend it to anyone, AND it says it's made in Sheffield, yes that's England!!!!