5.0 out of 5 stars Kiss and Tell
Published on 27 Oct 2009 by O. Craske

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Effort
Selena Gomez has released 3 albums so far during her career i got her second album A Year Without Rain first for Christmas and i loved it so much i decided to get her third album When The Sun Goes Down which was even better (her best so far in my opinion) and then i bought her first album Kiss And Tell which wasn't her best but a good starting effort i would say try and...
Published on 7 Nov 2011 by Rebecca Jones

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Kiss and Tell, 27 Oct 2009
This review is from: Kiss & Tell (Audio CD)
I first heard her singing on the 101 Dalmation dvd and then again with Tell me something i dont no which feature on another cinderella story and i must say i was impressed...But with me being a Miley and Demi fan i knew that i would probably enjoy this Cd so i pre ordered it as soon as i saw it coming out....and i must say i am impressed these are some of the stand out tracks for me -

kiss and tell
I Won't Apologize ---Fab song
Crush
Naturally
Way I Loved You
I Don't Miss You at All
I Got U -My other fave song
Tell Me Something I Don't Know

All the songs are catchy and have you dancing along to them and the sound is a mix there are some dancy numbers some slower ones and some rock out tracks.....Her voice is good ....and the lyrics have meaning...i was suprised by what i heard but impressed
hope to hear more from her

There is a hint of Ashlee simpson about her sound

So all in all i give this album 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album!!!!!!, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Kiss & Tell (Audio CD)
I bought this album after hearing Selena's When the sun goes down and A Year without rain albums. I'm pleased to impart that this album is just as brilliant (there is a deluxe version out too).

Songs such as More, I Promise You, The Way I Loved You, Tell Me Something I Don't Know, are all magnificent, powerful pop tunes, and the album segues from guitar-driven, rockier tunes into the more electronic pop we know Selena best for. More and The Way I Loved You should have been huge hits for Selena - I can't believe the way her music is almost overlooked in the UK. She's got much better material than Miley Cyrus, and though Selena's music is emotionally mature and artistically diverse, she can do it without the stage-managed bawdiness Cyrus puts out at every opportunity. When I heard Selena's albums, it was such a welcome reief from seeing Miley Cyrus' tongue and crotch, and let's be honest - who thinks of her music when they think of Miley Cyrus??

Selena is different - MUCH different. There's no foul-language or sexual innuendo here, but don't let that fool you into thinking this is typical twee Disney fodder. The music is fantastic, and Selena can really sing. Even the album booklets are fab, professionally photographed, glossy, imaginitive. This is obviously a woman who wants to be taken seriously for her music career, and she often co-writes her songs. In fact, she's so good musically that she's collaborated with Pixie Lott and Katy Perry on the two aforementioned albums, both of whom wrote the songs specifically for Selena.

I'm really glad I bought this album. It's not your typical American teen-angst rock-pop - for example, on The Way I Loved You track, Selena really sounds like someone who's had her heart broken, who's sending a message to someone she used to love. More has a chorus reminiscent (just a bit) of Gwen Stefani's Hollaback Girl, but it's a better song than Gwen's, with more meaningful lyrics that hark back to Girl Power of the 90s while at the same time sounding bang-up-to-date.

Don't over look this album if you're after a really great pop album. I'm so glad I discovered all Selena's albums this year.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good first album, 29 Jan 2010
This review is from: Kiss & Tell (Audio CD)
Overall, this is an excellent first album and a lot better than Miley's first album- her style is a lot more mature. Most of the tracks are very good:

Kiss and Tell- an excellent opening song and not what I expected, instantly grabs you
I Won't Apologise- nice ballad, Selena also co-wrote this one
Falling Down- excellent first single, very cathcy beat
I Promise You- one of my favourites, her voice really suits this style of music, it's a softer, gentle style comapred to some of the rockier numbers
Crush- my least favourite- still good, but her voice doesn't really suit this style
Naturally- another favourite, great dance number and an excellent choice for the second single
The Way I Loved You- brilliant ballad
More- another great dance number
As A Blonde- this is a copy of an old song and whilst it is a great song I don't think her style of voice really suits this song, it sounds a bit like she's trying too hard
I Don't Miss You At All- good dance track
Stop And Erase- one of my favourite, tackles the theme of bullying really well
I Got U- I don't really like this one, some of the vocals sound a bit out of tune with the backing singers
Tell Me Something I Don't Know- a remix that's ten times better than the original!

All in all a great album, I recommend you buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great CD, 28 Jan 2010
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Kiss & Tell (Audio CD)
This CD arrived very quickly. As soon as i got it i couldn't stop listening! The cover and back is great and the CD design is too.
It also has special features if you put it in the PC.
The songs that stand out to me are
3) Falling Down
6) Naturally
8) More
13) Tell me something i don't know
She has a really original sound and music anyone can get into!
I recommend this CD to a tween who likes selena. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed it!, 5 April 2010
This review is from: Kiss & Tell (Audio CD)
I like the album, definitely worth buying. Although i'm confused as to why there is now another version with a different cover, and it comes out on april 19th, when i got mine before january sometime, so does anyone know and would anyone like to tell me why there is another version with only one extra song, but has a new cover and is not out yet when it's exactly the same as the previous one which is out??! But back to the album itself, the version i have is only missing the last song which is on this one, so i can say that the album is very good and certainly enjoyed it more as a debut album than other disney star's such as Miley's debut album, but not quite as good as Demi's debut album. I only use these comparisons because most people who know of selena, will know of miley and demi. Love them all! Album is very good! Especially songs like 'kiss & tell''Naturally''The way i loved you'

5.0 out of 5 stars Her eagerly anticipated debut albumn, 15 Mar 2010
Ms. C. A. Anderson "Cassandra220689" (East Kilbride, Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Kiss & Tell (Audio CD)
Having been a star of Disney for years in Wizards of Waverly Place and having a pretty good voice on her, it is a wonder that she has not had an albumn out before. While she may not be as vocally talented as best friend Demi lovato, in my opinion, but she still delivers this albumn with catchness and edge.

Filling a Hayley from Paramore kind of role in her 'band' "The scene", this albulm follows up on the promise of hit "Tell me something I don't know" which was featured in the film "Another Cinderella Story" and this song not surprisingly is on the albumn which is an added bonus.

My favourite songs were Kiss and tell, Falling down and Naturally.

But all of the songs were poppy but with a twist of rock, much the same as Demi, but with a lovely voice and catchy songs she proves she can be just as good as Demi and Miley in trying to make it big outside of the Disney sphere.

Cassandra220689

4.0 out of 5 stars There are worse ways to pass 45 minutes, 31 Aug 2010
This review is from: Kiss & Tell (Audio CD)
I had briefly heard naturally and saw this for £3. For £3 if I didn't like it, it wasn't the end of the world.

Actually I liked it. As embarrassing as it is to admit I am 21, this album is a serious guilty pleasure. Whereas some albums can be a struggle to listen too all the way through, this wasn't. It grew on me quickly and I like every song to near enough the same extent.

The only one I might skip occasionally is 'As a Blonde.'

The running time is just long enough and it doesn't bore me half way through. The songs are catchy and the album doesn't take itself too seriously. Ok, so not the best or most artistically progressive album in the world by any means but I've brought many a worse album for alot more money.

This album doesn't claim to be anything it's not. It isn't going to change the face of music. If you are expecting a serious album, then look elsewhere. You won't be getting an album of the Beatles standard, but you will get an album of half-decent pop songs.

Give it a go. I'm not a Wizards of Waverley place fan but I didn't let her Disney stardom turn me off. I'm glad it didn't. Whilst some people would be embarrassed to have this in their CD collection, I'm not. Already pre-ordered album number 2 and I'm looking forward to it.

4.0 out of 5 stars great debut album!, 4 April 2010
Ms. B. Fox "becki" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kiss & Tell (Audio CD)
I knew about Selena from her hit Disney show Wizards of Waverly Place and i knew she'd recorded a few Disney songs for films and Disney albums but i wasn't expecting such a good solo album from her. The songs are really catchy and she has a pretty decent voice. My favourite tracks are I Won't Apologize and her newest single Naturally. This is a great pop album which you find yourself singing along to very quickly! Rebecca F

5.0 out of 5 stars Selena Gomez & The Scene Kiss &Tell, 26 Dec 2009
Ms. Anne Byrne (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kiss & Tell (Audio CD)
I have loved Selena since day one and i've always admired her as she is the same age as me so as soon as the album came out I had to buy it!
Overall this is a fantastic album with amazing songs!
My favourites have to be:
Falling Down
Naturally
The Way I Loved You
As A Blonde
I Don't Miss You At All
and the new version of Tell Me Something I Don't Know.
This album is very catchy and definately worth the buy! She deserves more credit for her songs and its a pity that her songs aren't released in the UK and Ireland! I relly hope she continues to sing because she is extremely talented!

5.0 out of 5 stars CD, 5 Jan 2010
A. Hayes "pianist" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kiss & Tell (Audio CD)
I bought this for my 10 year old daughter who loves the Wizards of Waverley Place. She's a Hannah Montana fan and I thought it would be a nice change. It's not what I expected. This CD would probably appeal to young teenagers as well as pre teen girls. It's quite grown up with a gentle rock sound. All Mylie/Jonas fans would probably like it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Kiss & Tell
Kiss & Tell by Selena Gomez (Audio CD - 2010)