5.0 out of 5 stars It's all more clear now, 13 April 2010
Ms. M. Foley (London (UK)) - See all my reviews
I tried to read Meister Eckhart writings before but never got very far. In fact I thought he was a Master of obfuscation.

Not any more - thanks to Parke's slim volume of 'conversations' with the great man, my cloud of unknowing (or rather uncomprehending) has lifted a little bit. I still have a long way to go, for example when one thing is asserted and then directly and cheerfully contradicted in the next paragraph. But then perhaps logic and mysticism were never easy bedfellows at the best of times.

The author's skillfull handling of the material is truly admirable - he makes the conversations seem totally natural, despite the chasm of centuries between his interlocutor and our times. And despite aspiring to be no more than a humble and invisible presenter, Parke's humanity, intelligence and humour all shine through.

It's a great introduction to Meister Eckhart thought. It made me want to read other books in this series by Parke, even if not immediately reach for big volume of Meister's own writings.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Eckhart for me, 22 Dec 2011
I have tried a number of books on Eckhart including Cyprian Smith's and Ursula Flemming's. I also have the M.O.C'Walshe translations. BUT there is something about the immediacy of this book - and the conversation is a brilliant concept, very well executed with this difficult subject. I carry the book around with me in my rucksack and open it often. I can't lavish higher praise! Thank you Simon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Serious religion, 4 Aug 2010
Simon Parke has made Meister Eckhart accessible. The format of personal interviews carries the reader along in a logical and thought-provoking path into Eckhart's mystical thought. This is a book that provokes serious thought and which leads the reader into the essence of the religious experience. It is also a book to dip into more than once, as Meister Eckhart's meaning is oftenfar from obvious.

John Ridout

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting but not an easy read, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Conversations With Meister Eckhart ('Conversation with') (Kindle Edition)
If you already have a very deep spiritual background this may well be useful to you . Not an easy read - a bit of an intellectual read and I can see a few slight paradoxes in the writings. I was impressed with his views on " time " which has been verified by all the Near Death Experiences books I have read . I read it in conjunction with my most favorite book " Fingerprints of God " (about NDE`s) which is an easier read but makes Eckhart easier to digest ( and verifies some of his views).

4.0 out of 5 stars Questions, 26 Dec 2011
The dialoque with the questioner and his qustions are painful. The questioner is simply not in the same world then Meister Eckhard ..I am reading the answers and skipping the questions which are meaningless.
And obviously if in reality they would have been an encounter with the writer and Meister Eckhard he would have been dismissed after the first 4 questions at the most.