5.0 out of 5 stars best sports headphones ever
Published on 5 Oct 2010 by Remster

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable
The earpieces are not adjustable and I found them extremely uncomfortable. I bought them to go running with but they would not stay in my ear and therefore I cannot comment on the sound quality.
Published on 31 Mar 2011 by Mrs. G. Logan

5.0 out of 5 stars best sports headphones ever, 5 Oct 2010
This review is from: Philips Shs3200/10 Ear Hook Headphones (Personal Computers)
I am running through 2 sets of headsets every year and so I have bought and wore many. I have been buying cheap and I have been buying expensive (never more than 40 though coz if it's not gonna last more than 6months it will be really expensive) and after a number of experiments I have now decided to terminate the research and admit the truth: the Philips earhook headphones are simply the best. They stay in the ear without this irritating, mindtwisting and above all constant need for adjustment. I tried the ear canal ones, but when i run, with every step they slip out just a tiny bit (especially when your ears are sweaty and they will be sweaty if you're running properly) and after 20m or 100m they are out (regardless the size or material the earpiece is made of). They produce high enough music quality to agree with my set of mp3 files and my ear. I have nothing more to ask for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good For Running, Average Sound Quality, 26 July 2010
I bought these headphones for the occasional jog and so far they have worked perfectly. I have fairly small ears which these headphones snuggly shaped around so if you have large ears there may be a chance this product will be uncomfortable. Some other reviewers reported looseness but so far even when running they have stayed tightly fitted. The audio quality is pretty average, at best it's similar to the iPod bundled headphones so don't be expecting too much on that end.

Pros:
- Brilliant for jogging
- Comfortable design

Cons:
- Average sound quality
- May fall off for some

Conclusion: Buy these headphones if you intend on going running with them, if not, these headphones are pretty average in sound quality so you may want to look elsewhere. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid budget headphones, 17 Nov 2010
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" (Wales) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I bought these for using at the gym and for jogging. They are comfortable and the hook holds them in place. Something I needed as I found earbuds just seem to fall/pull out. These hold firmly in place. After 6 months use (and sweat) though the metallic speaker grill covering has begun to rust! Not concerned though as it is very minor and does not affect use. Sound is above avergae and they have a reasonable length to them.

Overall very happy at the price. When they finally fail will probably get sweat resistant ones but on a budget, as I was, they are ideal.

You may ask yourself 'why 4 stars then'? Because the headphone jack is angled as opposed to straight, a very minor gripe but it got int he way a bit of my nike armband and dominates my shuffle. Still awesome budget phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 27 Aug 2010
Pa O'reilly (Crayford UK) - See all my reviews
These are the best headphones I can get. The sound is better than more expensive headphones. However a word of warning to prospective buyers, I have been buying these headphones for 4 years now, and they do tend to only last about 5 or 6 months before the sound stops coming out of one of the earpieces. Quite a substantial drawback really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for running!, 1 Nov 2011
I'm giving these earphones five stars and also posting my first Amazon review as I am extremely impressed. My old earplugs started to fall out more and more often whilst running and started to become infuriating - that I was probably using more energy securing my earplugs than I was running!
These philips plugs don't fall out. I have done a small bike ride (10 miles) followed by a 7 mile run, not once was there any chance of them falling out. Size and shape of ear may play a factor? I don't know as I only have two ears to test them on! Sound quality is okay, certainly better than expected whilst out running and for the price!
These are all first impressions, but I'm confident that these are what I have been looking for!

Update : I ran a marathon on Sunday with these headphones in for the full distance - didn't fall out once and wasn't aware that they were there - no discomfort at all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable, 31 Mar 2011
Mrs. G. Logan (UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good budget ear hook headphones, 10 Aug 2010
I've bought two pairs of these now and I have been quite impressed. I generally use mine for listening to audiobooks while cycling to work and they stay in place with no problems at all. Sounds quality seems fine to me (but I'm not too fussy about such things so a music purist may disagree). All in all, a good product for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for running, 25 Oct 2010
These may not be the best in terms of sound quality, but for running, I have found them to be absolutely perfect. I have tried many different models of 'sports' earphones, and none of them have ever fitted very well (maybe I have weird ears!!). These are comfortable, and do not move at all.
And, they're very cheap.
Very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Higly recommended for jogging!, 9 Dec 2010
They are comfortable and flexible.The cable is as long as it should be and the sound is good. Those headphones are compatible with my iPod Nano (4th Generation) and my OLD mp3 player. Higly recommended for jogging!

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't live without them, 5 July 2012
I have been using these headphones for about 7/8 years now. This will be my 3rd set! This is not a complaint seeing as they are used every single day, and considering how cheap they are. They are confortable and the sound quality is good enough for running or sitting on the bus. If you need a day to day pair, these are the best!

Philips Shs3200/10 Ear Hook Headphones