4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little remote control
Published on 29 Oct. 2010 by Brian Shaw

1.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the bad reviews at your peril
When I bought this product I'd read some negative reviews of similar products but I decided to take a chance on it.

Published on 12 July 2011 by Sue Reynolds

1.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the bad reviews at your peril, 12 July 2011
Sue Reynolds "Chris and Sue" (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin Gc10034 Headphone Control Adaptor (Electronics)

I wanted it so that I could quickly pause or skip tracks when at my desk or in my car. Negative reviews of similar products seemed to be when the device was used in vigorous circumstances (jogging etc) so I thought all would be well for me. And for three weeks all seemed fine, it did just the job. But last week the left channel started breaking up and disappearing altogether so it has been returned.

I think there is space in the market for a more robust product of this type. Most of the ones out there focus on being small and, I think, sacrifice durability.

Shame.

1.0 out of 5 stars Helps if it works............., 24 May 2011
This review is from: Griffin Gc10034 Headphone Control Adaptor (Electronics)
I'll give it one star purely down to the speed of delivery......

And I'll give them nought for quality, unwrapped package and plugged adaptor into my Ipod then connected Earphones to adapter...... On playing only the left earplug worked, disconnected adapter and plugged earphones directly into Ipod, earphones worked perfectly.......

So wrapped them up again and posted back for refund, all in all I had adaptor for 20 mins......

Best avoided......

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little remote control, 29 Oct. 2010
Brian Shaw (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin Gc10034 Headphone Control Adaptor (Electronics)
Bought this to go with the new 4th gen iPod touch. Controls are play/pause and volume up/down, so a little basic, but it works really nicely. The clip is good for belts and belt hooks, and is easy to slide on and doesn't fall off or feel flimsy in any way. The only downside is that the cable is really short - about 20cm long - and only just reaches on some of my clothes.

3.0 out of 5 stars pretty average value, 26 July 2012
Steven Brown (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Griffin Gc10034 Headphone Control Adaptor (Electronics)
Got this as my previous remote had broken, and this looked like it might be a more robust replacement.

The buttons are fairly good quality, and press quite easily without looking at them. The cable and control unit feel fairly solid, so everything is good on that front.

However, it's let down by having a short cable (about 20cm), which if you have a short headphone cable, doesn't really give you much flexibility.

also note - it doesn't have a mic built in. It doesn't claim to, so was my own fault when buying it, but I just assumed that these kind of units would have that as default. the fact that it doesn't makes the cost a bit high.

in summary, decent remote control, but lacking in some areas, and can probably get better alternatives at a cheaper price.

5.0 out of 5 stars A little gem of an accessory, 14 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Griffin Gc10034 Headphone Control Adaptor (Electronics)
I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem. As a family we own Apple iPod Shuffles, Nano, Touch and iPhone. The in-ear phones (with built-in volume, start/stop and skip controls)supplied by Apple are simply attrocious. I own really decent Sennheiser in-ear phones which cannot control these devices. This is a big issue with the Shuffle and also in the Gym. Then, along comes this bit of kit. Not the cheapest on the market but it does exactly what it says on the tin - and they do it well. Simple problem, simple answer, simply 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick, but only one button works on Android, 21 Sept. 2011
C. Paton "Chris Paton" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Griffin Gc10034 Headphone Control Adaptor (Electronics)
I bought this for use with my Android Nexus S, and while the middle button works perfectly the extra buttons don't function. Of course the headset doesn't claim to support Android so the headset isn't to blame for this. Instead I marked it down by a star as it's a bit expensive for what does. However, it's way more convenient than fumbling in the pocket and with the touch screen to pause music so I'd still recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Griffin Adaptor review, 21 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Griffin Gc10034 Headphone Control Adaptor (Electronics)
Overall product does what it says on the tin however, build quality could be improved upon.

For reference this doesn't seem to be compatiable when used in conjunction with the iPhone TomTom Dock which was the reason for my orginal purpose. I would check compatiability when used via other docks as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars iPod Headphone Adaptor, 18 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Griffin Gc10034 Headphone Control Adaptor (Electronics)
Good product allowing the use of 'other' headphones with my iPod shuffle and still retaining full in line control. Good robust connection points for the wire resisting flexing (Belkin version failed due to wires flexing apart at one end of the control unit).

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 11 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Griffin Gc10034 Headphone Control Adaptor (Electronics)
This product is more robust than the Belkin one. The connections between the wires and the control part are strong and flexible. The clip on the control part is an added bonus. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars good but could be better, 24 May 2011
This review is from: Griffin Gc10034 Headphone Control Adaptor (Electronics)
it's a good product, does what it says. But quality isn't that good. For this price it should have gold plated plugs, for example. Many 20 pounds earphones have gold plated plugs.