5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Different

Published 11 months ago by debbie8355

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Different, 10 Oct 2011
n gumbrell (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gibsons My World My Body Jigsaw Puzzle (Toy)
This is a great puzzle for inquisitive little minds - my 6yo has been asking questions such as "what is under our skin" and "how do my legs work". This puzzle was fun to put together and informative about how we humans work. The little facts dotted around the outside are fascinating too, and my daughter enjoyed reading these to her younger sister. The outside body has labels of body parts my younger child recognised, whereas the more difficult inside body kept my older child busy. Perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jigsaw Fun, 2 Sep 2010
This review is from: Gibsons My World My Body Jigsaw Puzzle (Toy)
Like all young children, my grandaughter is fascinated by her body and I was delighted to find this child-friendly puzzle. She is eager to know where her bones are and of course where her 'poo' comes from. She has just started to ask about her brain so this is a well timed addition to her collection of jigsaws. She loves trying to place the 'sausages' in the correct space so good pre reading skill are developing. A very attractive puzzle.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good educational set but production quality a bit questionable, 5 Dec 2013
debbie8355 (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I really like this set. It's more challenging than a regular 4-7 jigsaw because of lots of rounded edges and writing ovals which can fit in multiple places so the older child has to think where they fit. Also it's lovely that the girl and boy figure can be used as two separate jigsaws in isolation for younger children. The backs of each jigsaw are also helpfully colour coded blue for girls and red for boys. A lot of though has been put into the design and not to stereotype children. Footballs on the girl jigsaw for example.

However I wouldn't buy another jigsaw from this range or give it as a gift because of the quality of the cardboard. Although thick it's cheap looking recycled matt cardboard rather than glossy. Some pieces have already been folded in half, look creased and edges peeling. It's not sturdy enough. The outer box also looks cheap and cheerful.

Recommended for eco friendly families.

5.0 out of 5 stars My World My Body Jigsaw Puzzle, 29 Oct 2013
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are two jigsaw puzzles in this box - one of 36 pieces and the other 50 pieces. Aimed at 4-7 year olds, they show a little boy (my body - outside) and a little girl (my body - inside). The puzzles are colour coded - one has a blue colour on the back of the pieces and the other red - so that although they are in the same box they can be easily sorted. The information given is obviously quite basic, but quite enough for this age group. First of all you can make the two children as a puzzle, then the background and then the labels. The boys puzzle labels the parts of his body, such as 'foot' or 'arm'. The girl puzzle shows her 'brain', 'bones', etc. Underneath the labels are great facts, such as 'your brain feels like toothpaste' and that your stomach blushes when you do! Very educational, great fun and with a handy postbox style lid, to make tidying up much more fun.

4.0 out of 5 stars Educational & Fun, 6 Oct 2013
Scottish Dave (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
You get two jigsaws here. A 36 piece girl with labels to her insides and a 24 piece boy with labels to his outsides. It's fun, educational and a lovely item (colourful, recycled material, optional slit at the top that you can remove to post back the pieces). My only complaint is the Amazon page says 3 and above while the box says 4-7 year. I bought it for my niece who I think is a bit young for it and the 4-7 years on the box is more realistic. They make the most of the packaging with some fun facts and also helpful hints about how to use the game. Would have gave it 5 stars if it wasn't for the age confusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun jigsaws for 4 to 7-year-olds, 5 Oct 2013
Tim Roast (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This product contains two educational jigsaws. One has 50 pieces, and the other has 36 pieces. Both have pictures of the body, one of the inside, and one of the outside. There are some interesting facts too written on the puzzle in a fun way that should engage with children. There are some pointers on the back of the box about how to maximise the educational aspect of this product for your child (it was developed with child psychologist Dr Amanda Gummer).

The box also has a piggy bank style slot in the top of it which is a useful way of making the putting away of the jigsaw pieces fun so this may be one of those jigsaws where you don't lose the pieces. As if all that wasn't enough the product is ethical too with the pieces being made from 100% recycled puzzle board.

All-in-all an excellent toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars good well made puzzle, 4 Oct 2013
rossyb "r.breslin" (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My 6yr old granddaughter is just getting interested in her body. This puzzle has the lot, educational, fun, well made with good strong pieces, colorful, and great for starting off a discussion.It is aimed at about 4yrs up,and I love the box, it has a slot in the top to post the pieces when done so you dont get them falling out and getting lost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Making education fun, 4 Oct 2013
PJ Rankine (Wallington, Surrey United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My four year old granddaughter loves jigsaws and she also loves to learn so this scores well on both points as it serves to make learning fun. For younger children the 30 piece jigsaw makes up a picture of a boy in swimming trunks with oval slots where the child inserts the word pieces identifying the various parts of the body. The 50 piece is aimed at older children and shows a girl on the beach but the parts make up the inside of the body, heart, lungs etc with the same slots for the identifying pieces.
What my granddaughter doesn't like is putting her jigsaws away but the box cleverly has a slot in the top for a child to post the pieces back in so fun all the way.
Overall a very good educational toy especially as small children will do a jigsaw over and over again so learning the parts of the body too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Two puzzles with a difference, 28 Sep 2013
hiljean (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this for when my grandchildren (ages six and nine) visit. We did it this afternoon and they enjoyed it as most children are interested in the human body. It is educational and allows you to discuss the internal organs, though some of the information is a little too basic (eg the throat takes food to your stomach). The captions are clearly done and within the ability of children of their age to read.

The puzzles themselves are a good size (331 x 491mm) and intricate enough to make them interesting to assemble. Unfortunately one small piece was missing which is always a disappointment on completing a puzzle. I suspect this is because the seal is a small sticky plastic disc and does not provide enough security to prevent small pieces slipping out of the box. A shame as this is otherwise a well-made product.

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect introduction to the body for little ones, 27 Sep 2013
Petra Bryce "bookworm" (Malvern, Worcs) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This box contains two puzzles for the price of one: the outside of the body, consisting of 36 pieces, and the inside, consisting of 50 pieces. Recommended for children aged 4-7, the puzzles themselves are fairly tricky to do for a small child, and with the written information beyond an ordinary 4-5-year-old's reading ability, I think a younger child would get the most out of this activity with parental or other adult (e.g. teacher or nursery assistant) support. The pieces are sturdy and chunky, ideal for little hands. The 'outside' puzzle names simple anatomical features like eye, nose, hand, whereas the 'inside' puzzle shows different organs and structures in different colours, with the information relating to them colour-coded to make the activity a little bit more difficult. The writing is entirely age-appropriate and gives children information they can relate to; they should enjoy learning facts like 'You have the same amount of bones in your neck as a giraffe' or 'Your brain feels like toothpaste'. There are some hints on the back of the box as to how to get the most out of this learning activity, such as extending a child's vocabulary, aiding logic and motor control when colour matching, improving reading skills, fostering an understanding of themselves, and promoting communication and social development. The box has a posting slot in the top lid, making tidying away the puzzle pieces a little bit more fun; even my 5-year-old joined in when he saw me doing it, whereas he normally runs a mile when it comes to tidying up. Highly recommended.

Gibsons My World My Body Jigsaw Puzzle