TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 15 November 2010
So my 7 year old son had some birthday money left and decided he wanted even more Lego Altantis, he had enough for this set so he sat down with his dad to build it.

To be honest it was quite a complex build for a 7 year old, but apart from a couple of bits with the roof of the HQ and getting some of the walls in the wrong place he was fine. You get what is essentially a stand and the base, with a small exploration vehicle. The base sits on top of pillars and there is a small crane at the bottom to lift much needed items into the base. The base folds up into a substantial submarine and this is what most impressed me about this product. When my son gets all his lego atlantis stuff out he now has a base for everything, or if he decides that they are going to make a raid of the big squid thing he has LEGO Atlantis - 8061 - Gateway of the Squid then he has another submarine for his people to get on.

It's yet another great piece of lego engineering.
on 13 January 2012
This Lego set is one of the bigger sets of the Atlantis collection and was purchased for my 6yr old Grandson. My Grandson already has several other parts of this collection all of which, when built, can be played with together to form a bigger game. This set was built by my Grandson during an afternoon with minimal assistance. Although it gives an age capability of 7-14yrs if a younger child has past experience with fairly complicated Lego it should be fine if help can be given when required. The instruction booklets for every set are always acurate and show every step making it seem very simple. This item is very impressive when erected, with moving sections and little characters taking part in the story of the game. He will have many hours of play when connecting this set to all the others in his collection and is also adept at using the parts to make other creations out of his own imagination. I am sure the play enjoyment will be ongoing for years. Would highly recommend.
on 26 December 2010
My Boys aged 6, 8, & 12 have co-operated in putting this together all day. This is the first of the Atlantis range I have brought for them as they have exhausted the Lego city range. They were not sure if they liked the look of it from the packaging, but it has been a hit. There have been easier and harder bits for them to put together and so they have all been involved. Once put together they have played for ages.
on 5 January 2011
This was bought for my 8 yr old grandson who managed to complete the model in 2 hrs. He had great fun in building the HQ. Instruction leaflet clear. Satisfaction and self esteem great after completing the challenge.
on 16 January 2011
This toy is excellant and alot of fun for my 6 year old son. The only issue i had was not the toy but the delivery service, they were incapable of delivering this toy before christmas as promised. I would recommend using royal mail as they managed to deliver a parcel from denmark in less time then the delivery company managed to deliver this parcel from Hull.
on 1 February 2012
normally I love lego products and so do my sons. We got this for my 8 year old son for Christmas. He was so excited when he opened it. He loved the challenge of building it...so far, so good...BUT, when he started playing with it he became increasingly frustrated at how easily it all falls apart. The box boldly makes a claim about this being a transforming toy (submarine and Atlantis base), but in reality the act of transforming the toy makes lots of bits fall off. It is a constant frustration. This is the sort of model that once built you need to just leave on the shelf collecting dust if you want it to survive in tact...and this is not what I normally expect from lego. I am very happy that they can take things apart and rebuild, but once built I think the model should be strong enough for a bit of play, and certainly strong enough to do the transformation it claims!! Worth buying if you get a good price on it - but only if you have the kind of child who likes to look at their toys and never touch them!
on 15 December 2013
It was listed as a new item but the box was badly damaged and sealed with sellotape. Either a return or badly damaged in the warehouse. Still waiting for a reply so that we can return it. Not good.
on 12 October 2010
Having been pressed by my 9 year old daughter to add the Atlantis Exploration HQ to her birthday list, it was fun to see her so excited when unwrapped.
We spent ages putting it together and once done.....she took it to here room where it now sits on the shelves, waiting to be knocked off by our cats.

She has gone back to regular Lego where she makes what she feels and thinks about. Lego the original and best!!
on 3 January 2013
Brought this for my 7 year old son's birthday, he loved it and was able to build it on his own. Very impressive when built.
on 16 September 2014
a bit expensivs for what it is