4.0 out of 5 stars Initially hard to use, but gives good results.
The USP of this top range mop is it's easily detachable, machine washable microfibre head. Although it is possible to wash conventional mop heads in the machine, this isn't generally recommended. The microfibre head cleans extrmely efficiently, including picking up dust and lint on dry floors.

The big con was in the first few uses. I found the slide wringer -...
Published 15 months ago by A. I. McCulloch

3.0 out of 5 stars Mop
The question you must really ask yourself is, how advanced a mop do I need?

With plenty of reach, a nice swivley head and chunky handle, this is certainly painless to use in the actual mop function (I'd be dissapointed if it wasn't). The cleaning head/sponge is not that bad, the micro-fibre does provide a reasonable scrub and the sponge absorbs enough water to...
Published 14 months ago by Funk

3.0 out of 5 stars 360 swivel mop-head, 11 Jun 2013
White Eagle - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This mop is very easy to use but the push down the central handle to squeeze mop is quite stiff. You have to push it hard at first to get it off the locked position (if that makes sense). Anyhow, I had to struggle with it quite a bit (but I am a petite lady mind). hence less 1 star.

Also, it has a 360 turn swivel mop-head which is REALLY useful as you can get around the corners very easily. This is very handy as it goes round the room much more easily.

The Micro Fiber did (as advertised): ".....hold onto dirt particles. This means that the mop does not have to be washed out so frequently. Traditional materials hold the dirt on their surface and if not quickly washed off the dirt is spread across the floor with each wipe...". That is true as my mop water was not as dirty as I normally get with other normal mops).

One problem with it is that it is not very steady in that the mop head swivels a lot when I am trying to press down on some areas that I want to go over & over. It is rather loose. (hence less one star).

I used it once & it wipes & glides very easily across the floor, & cleans really well.

The mop head is attached via some strong velcro type material. I have not detached it as yet as I have not as yet washed it as only used once but will update here when I do! It says to wash at 40 degrees.
PS. the replacement heads are quite expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective microfibre mop but a bit pricey, 7 Jun 2013
BusyReader "mrs28" (Midlands UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a tiled floor in my kitchen , hallway and bathroom.
I found the Picobello just about fits in my oval bucket , it won't fit into a round one , it has a longer handle than my other two mops , and feel sold and well made.
The device to squeeze the water out of the mop head is quite stiff and needs some strength to use initially , but is effective at getting the water out to prevent using a sopping mop to clean , there is also a useful small bristle brush to scrub at stubborn stuck on bits, although I would have preferred that to be a bit bigger .
The mop head is apparently washable but I haven't done that yet bustit seems easy enough to change .
All in all it works but is probably a bit too costly .

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mop I've had..., 13 May 2013
M. Dasani (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've never really gone for fancy mops in the past, but was happy to give this one a go. It's light weight and easy to use. The mop also has a scrubbing brush attached to the top side to help with stubborn dried stains but I haven't had to use it. The push down wring handle does a great job of getting excess water out of the mop and is designed well to fit in the hand.

It would have been nice to get a bucket with this mop, but I suppose there's a fancier version for that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very sturdy, efficient mop., 11 May 2013
Mrs. Bryony A. Shaw "joltek" (Ely, Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been very pleased with this mop all in all. The microfibres seems to pick up dirt much more easily than my vileda and its very nice and smooth to use. It needs a bit of a firm push to squeeze out all the water so not for anyone too frail but squeezes it out well so not too long to dry.
It took me a little while to get the hang of using the brush on the top for scrubbing away at stubborn marks, you sort of have to flip it over, but now I have the hang of it it's great. Only trouble is when I have a stubborn mark too close to the edge or in the corner, these can be hard to get with this brush.

The cloth is very firmly attached to the mop, you can hardly tell its detachable so no slipping issues. All in all I am very pleased with this mop and it has replaced my vileda. Hopefully the cloth will remain as effective over time and after washing. I am not sure whether replacements can be bought.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pricey but good, 8 May 2013
Mo "mo79uk" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Mops of this design and price range aren't new so in many respects it's average, but it earns a bit of a distinction in that it's very easy to squeeze the mop dry; certainly easier than twisting a turning a traditional mop in the filter hole of a bucket.
Speaking of bucket, one for this would've made for a better deal at this price, and though the mop head cloth is machine washable, replacements are dear.
Great if you want a sturdy mop that can easily go under the cooker, washing machine and fridge.

4.0 out of 5 stars A new weapen in the daily battle against grime..., 2 May 2013
AyJay (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a home with a mixture of carpets, laminated hardwood, stone tiles and lino, with 4 children and 3 Persians ruling the roost. Clearly vacuuming, scrubbing and mopping is a daily chore (twice-daily in cases of spilled cereal and other accidents). Cleaning the wood and tiling is the worst; I've actually ended up snapping a few different mop handles, as I had to put so much pressure onto the mop to remove all of the daily grime that ends up being tracked around the house, so that is my number one reason for recommending this particular mop - it is solidly made, so will stand up to the challenges presented in my house. The mop head is nice and wide, so it makes floor cleaning that little bit faster, and the handle is the perfect length for me to be able to push the mop under the heavy sofa and clean the floor underneath it easily.

Any downsides? Not if you buy this mop from Amazon. Otherwise I can't justify the price we're expected to pay; yes it's sturdy and a handy size, but if I spent enough time looking around, I'm sure that I could find something else similar.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced, 18 April 2013
Mr. K. P. Rogers "rogers_kp" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am not convinced by mops such as this that require only cold water and no detergent. I'm not convinced that they can kill germs and such things. Sure, it leaves the floor looking clean, but is it really? I'm going to stick to my mop and hot water bucket with detergent. It does do what it claims to do, however.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 30 Mar 2013
J D Tilston (London) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I think this mop is brilliant. It is light, sturdy and ideal for the purpose intended. It is best used with a rectangular shaped bowl going by the size and shape of the mop head, but I didn't need anything to do my bathroom floor with as it is a wetroom. I let the shower run for a couple of minutes, sprayed a bit of cleaner in to that water then mopped the floor. I squeezed the mop out down the drainhole then repeated the exercise to rinse it off. Dead easy. It took no time at all to get a really clean bathroom floor. The little stubborn spot scourer is great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more down on my knees scrubbing........., 27 April 2013
Pyewacket "czarnowice" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
a quarry tile floor! It used to take me ages to clean our kitchen floor using just elbow grease a bucket of water with a well known cleaner in it and a scrubbing brush. I used this mop this morning and it took me approximately 15 minutes to get it looking like new. I am very impressed with it and it is also very light which is a bonus after having 8 major spinal ops.
I also used it dry to gather up cat fur on our dining room floor which is laminated. The fur just stuck to the micro fibre pads and I was able to pull it off and bin it. I also like the fact that you can wash the micro fibre mop at 40C.

All in all a great mop but as another reviewer pointed out storage is always a problem with things like this. I have decided that our mop will live under the stairs with the vaccuum cleaners.

It also has a 3 year guarantee which is good to have.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as a steam mop..., 1 April 2013
debbie8355 "*" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This mop is quite hard to use - the push down squeeze mechanism is very stiff. Also the removable pad doesn't have any ties or pulls to remove it for washing/replacing so you have to get close and personal to the grime with your hands or use rubber gloves - I'm used to my steam cleaner where you can put your foot on a side tab and pull the dirty cloth bit away which avoids splashes.

It's well made as mops go with great build quality and really, really long handle length (it reaches my 5'4" nose - well at my height, I don't have a really long nose).

Another minus point is it doesn't come with any manufacturer packaging so you get the Amazon bodge it packaging as they don't have any boxes large/long enough. Mine was entertainingly mummified in several flat pack boxes which filled my recycling bin, a roll of tape and a plastic bag.

Leifheit Picobello Micro Fibre Mop