4.0 out of 5 stars Initially hard to use, but gives good results.
The USP of this top range mop is it's easily detachable, machine washable microfibre head. Although it is possible to wash conventional mop heads in the machine, this isn't generally recommended. The microfibre head cleans extrmely efficiently, including picking up dust and lint on dry floors.

The big con was in the first few uses. I found the slide wringer -...
Published 17 months ago by A. I. McCulloch

3.0 out of 5 stars Mop
The question you must really ask yourself is, how advanced a mop do I need?

With plenty of reach, a nice swivley head and chunky handle, this is certainly painless to use in the actual mop function (I'd be dissapointed if it wasn't). The cleaning head/sponge is not that bad, the micro-fibre does provide a reasonable scrub and the sponge absorbs enough water to...
Published 16 months ago by Funk

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably seemed like a good idea on the drawing board, 16 April 2013
Mr. Stuart Bruce "DonQuibeats" (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This isn't the "super-mop" that it initially looks like it's going to be. It is, at best, a quirky version of an average mop, and at worst, a bit less convenient than a normal map.

The squeezy action- which seems to be the main selling point- is NOT impressive. It's very awkward and clunky to maneouvre the over-designed prong-like device so that it squeezes the mop. It's hard work to do, yet it doesn't really help you squeeze with much force. As other reviewers have pointed out, the same squeezing motion that is supposed to force the water out, also forces the dirt in, meaning that the brush side gets very dirty, very quickly (it's lucky that it's removable). It may have seemed a good idea on the drawing board but in practice it certainly isn't the "one, two, dry!" that the packaging promises.

The size of the mop head I found good. It's actually smaller than our old mop, and while you'd think this just meant more work, it actually makes it easier to get it through chair legs and under the edges of furniture. The completely adjustable turning head works quite nicely, and takes just a little bit of getting used to.

The long stalk is simply too long. It's not adjustable so that makes storage an issue. It also means that our 18-month-old daughter, who enjoys pushing our old mop around, couldn't handle this one as it's simply too difficult for her to move. That fact actually made her cry- but I appreciate that most people won't face that very particular problem, so I can't really mark it down for that... However our daughter did manage quite easily to pull off one of the plastic side parts that isn't supposed to come off, which is definitely a negative.

Going back to the prong-like squeezing device, not only can it be accidentally dismantled by a child, but it didn't need to be even vaguely as big as it is. It's almost comical in its ineffectiveness. The good news is that if you want to go to a fancy dress party where the theme is "dress like the Neptune uses his magical trident for household tasks", then this is exactly what you're after.

Long story short, I would be extremely surprised if you couldn't find a better working, better value mop than this.

4.0 out of 5 stars a clean sweep, 16 April 2013
b4-its-2-l8 (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is handy, lightweight mop (1lb 10oz) that's easy to store and easy to use. The squeeze mechanism is straightforward; push firmly down on the green handle that surrounds the pole and the mop-head folds tightly in half to press out excess water, however, that's also part of the downside; as the mop surface is folded against itself, whilst the excess water is press out, the dirt particles (not thoughtful enough to have arranged themselves around the edge of the head) get. . . pressed even more firmly into place!

This in itself is not too much of a biggie as the mop-head, which is held in place by a foam and felt backing, is itself held in place by Velcro strips attached to the plastic part of the head, therefore, it's securely kept in place when in use but it's also relatively easy enough to peel off and wash under a running tap. Then, when its dry, simply reattach.

I have mainly wooden flooring in my home and, as the product description states, it's best not to use lots of water when washing wood floors so I tend only to use this at a wetness level of slightly more than damp and so far the results have been very satisfactory.

Oh, and as for the mini-'brush' on the reverse side, it's a bit of a waste of time really, at least that's what I found, if I do happen to find any stubborn marks it's much easier just to use one the of the gentler styled foam-backed scouring pads to lightly remove the mark. Other than that, it gets a thumbs' up.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd hoped, 14 April 2013
Peter (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Let me say at once that I had high expectations for this mop. I had already tries Leifheit's Leifheit Clean Twist Disc Floor Mop and Bucket Set and absolutely loved its innovations. By comparison, this mop seems fairly ordinary, and I find it a bit awkward to use.

The mop head is microfibre, which is good at picking up dirt. There's no bucket supplied, but of course you need to frequently rinse and squeeze the head to keep it working. You need quite a wide bucket for this mop. The funny U-shaped thing on the pole is the squeezing mechanism; when you push that down oonto the mop head, the head folds onto itself and squeezes out the water. It's stiff and a bit tricky to use.

The main mop head works well for the most part. There's a little scrubbing brush on the top. You're supposed to be able to flip the head over to scrub at more persistent dirt patches; however, I wasn't able to work out a way of doing this easily. The scrubbing brush also tends to attract dirt from the cleaning water, so you can find yourself inadvertently transferring dirt back onto the floor.

It's not a bad mop, but it's not outstanding. Personally, I prefer the Vileda 132246 Ultramat Complete Set Ultramat System with Microfibre Refill and Ultramat Bucket with Power Press (rectangular mop head) and the Leifheit Clean Twist Disc Floor Mop and Bucket Set (round mop head).

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 July 2014
Fine

4.0 out of 5 stars Mop misleading, 12 Jan 2014
Mrs. Donna Mcneill (scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leifheit Picobello Micro Fibre Mop (Misc.)
Product Not as expected picture very misleading. Mop is good quality would have been better if bucket was supplied also

5.0 out of 5 stars A great mop!, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Leifheit Picobello Micro Fibre Mop (Misc.)
Great, practical item. The mop can be washed and used time again. It doesn't leave the floor wet but you can see on the microfibres that it cleans it.

3.0 out of 5 stars good value and easy to use, 31 Dec 2013
Andreas Dirksen "adirksen" (london, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Leifheit Picobello Micro Fibre Mop (Misc.)
well packed, it arrived on time, the function to squeeze out the water is helpful but it does take time to adjust though I have used it several time in a couple of weeks. It does annoy me that the Mop doesn't turn around fully and is not very wide either. Don't get deceived the bucket is not included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mop I ever used, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Leifheit Picobello Micro Fibre Mop (Misc.)
I was looking for ages a mop I can drain properly I found it
The pad can be clean easy, the arm rotate and allow to clean skirting board
the size allow to go anywhere in the house
Excellent quality

4.0 out of 5 stars effective, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Leifheit Picobello Micro Fibre Mop (Misc.)
does an acceptable job with little effort. Pity replacement heads are expensive. Scrub head ,once mastered worthwhile for stubborn marks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and well made, 18 July 2013
Jodi Dougan "Jodi" (Ballygowan) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I received this courtesy of the Amazon Vine programme.

I elected to receive the mop simply because my traditional mop had worn out and I needed a new one. Usually this would entail simply buying a new mop head but I thought I would try something different. The Leifheit Picobello Micro Fibre Mop puts traditional mops to shame.

The plus points

27cm wide micro fibre head - the wide head means that even large floors are done in a fraction of the time.

The micro fibres are fine and flexible - I noticed that this meant that they get into the cracks that can develop in the grout between tiles and lift the dirt from the cracks. This is a huge plus. The first time I used this mop I wondered why the floor simply seemed brighter than usual - I checked that I wasn't trying a new cleaning fluid and that I'd used the same amount as normal and then suddenly realised that the cracks in a few of the tiles that I normally have to get down on my hands and knees to clean with bleach and a scrubbing brush were already clean. At this stage I have to confess to falling a little in love with my new mop!

The micro fibre head may be removed and washed - you can even machine wash it. One of the things I've always hated about my traditional mop is that after a few uses no matter how much you rinse it out it looks dirty. With this one as soon as I've finished mopping the head simply comes off (very nifty hook and loops - no clips to struggle with or have to force) and into the washing machine it goes.

You can clean hardwood and laminate floors with it. Anyone who has a hardwood or laminate floor knows to keep a traditional mop away from it - there's just too much water and the risk of damage is too high. I was very sceptical when I read that due to the nature of the microfibre mop head this could be used in what the manufacturer terms as dampened. For my first attempt I wet the mop head and then squeezed out most of the water - so that it was almost dry and it worked perfectly - as it's so soft it's much kinder than a stiff brush and I now use it regularly simply to "brush" the floors and then dampen it to wash them. I've found that as a result the floors get a lot less dusty than they used to - I've been doing this for around six weeks now to give it a real test and the allergy sufferers in the house are having a much better time of it.

The mop itself has a three year guarantee from the manufacturer.

There are a few issues but nothing that would make me even consider even taking off a half star but in the interests of fairness I've listed them below.

The price - this mop is over 30.00 and you will need to buy replacement microfibre heads at some point so it is expensive - however for me the fact that it comes with a three year guarantee and the fact you can wash the microfibre head more than balances this out. Washing the microfibre regularly will mean that you're maintaining the mop and will need to replace it less frequently.

The bucket. Your traditional mop bucket just isn't going to work with this. The 27cm head alone ensures this - I don't think they've brought out a bucket specifically designed for this mop yet (it's probably only a matter of time) but any oval shape bucket will do and it doesn't have to be expensive.

These are the only two drawbacks I've come up with in over six weeks of constant use - I've even used it to wash walls down - working with it just damp so that there's no water trails down the wall so I really would recommend it to anyone looking for a new mop.

Leifheit Picobello Micro Fibre Mop