5.0 out of 5 stars The universe revealed for under sixty quid., 30 Jan 2012
Mick Wall (Lampeter, Mid Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Revelation 15x70 Binoculars Special Offer (Electronics)
I have had these binos for a month now, and have been fortunate to experience some good skies during that time so that they have seen some use. They arrived well packed, and the speed of delivery was so quick I was actually surprised to get them so fast. I bought them to upgrade my grab and look backyard astronomy from the old pair of 10 x 50's I was using, and it definitely has been an upgrade. (I still use the 10 x 50's though.) I have heard that there are collimation issues with some of these instruments, this is why I bought from Amazon, I have had good experiences with the occasional necessary return, but in this case there was no problem. I use them both lying on a lounger and on a tripod. (I must stop lying on that tripod, it can't be doing me any good. Of course I mean the binos are on the tripod and I look through them) On the lounger I find it possible to hold them steady enough to get good views of, for example, the star clusters in Aurigia, the Beehive (my favourite at the moment) and the Whirlpool galaxy (near the zenith, fair enough). I also believe I have caught a glimpse of the Crab nebula, but though the seeing is very good here in West Wales, I may be fooling myself. On a tripod, though, they are much better. I have seen the elongation of Saturn's shape caused by the rings, though again, the wish may be father to the sight. The problem with the tripod is that it is very difficult to view objects near the zenith, hence the lounger, though I am working on this. Using the methods for testing binoculars laid- out in Scagell and Frydman's "Stargazing with Binoculars" also highly recommended, this instrument seems to be doing what it says on the tin. You won't see the rings of Saturn through these, but they have a wide enough field of view to enable navigation by star-hopping and to give good views of clusters and star fields. I find it possible to hold these steady enough by hand to get some enjoyment, but I am quite heavily built, a tripod probably is a necessity and I use one whenever possible. Use them to learn the sky and get a telescope one you have some idea what you are pointing it at, but test them when you get them and don't accept things like collimation faults. Definitely recommended and at the price I paid actually irresistible.
Two years on, these still get regular use though I now have a telescope, an 8" reflector. Turns out I had seen the Crab Nebula, too. Still recommended, still better with a tripod.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great bargain, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Revelation 15x70 Binoculars Special Offer (Electronics)
This was bought as a gift for my husband who has what I class as huge telescopes for viewing nebulars etc but none of them are particularly portable or travel friendly without planning, these binoculars are perfect for him when we are out and about and didn't happen to bring a 5ft telescope with us! The quality is just as good as the Celestron counter part and the customer service is fantastic! One note to users, you might find using a camera tripod with an adapter arm helpful is getting rid of the human shakes for good viewing

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good., 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Revelation 15x70 Binoculars Special Offer (Electronics)
For a budget price a superb piece of kit. They are quite heavy but solid at the same time. Use a tripod or rest with them. The lenses have standard green anti-reflective coating on them like spectacles do. Case is cheap and inside pocket tore the first time I pushed the cleaning cloth into it. Get a solid case if you can as these will be prone to misalignment if you knock them too hard.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry, I didn't get the bi-noc-u-lars out in time! - Sol, Snatch, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Revelation 15x70 Binoculars Special Offer (Electronics)
These were delivered to me well within the specified time, no drama. I purchased these on recommendation from a stargazing forum as a "beginner, check out the basics before committing to something more expensive". I am not disappointed.

The product certainly seems well made, they have a reassuring weightiness to them (suggesting good quality materials) without being overly heavy. As I am a complete amateur in this department I will not comment with authority on the effectiveness or quality of the optics as I think this is something that I will learn to appreciate over time. I will say from a personal perspective that they deliver great clarity and magnification, when pointed at the moon and the hands steadied, you can see a lot more crater detail for example.

For those like me who are new to this I will just re-iterate the "steadied hand" part, it is in no way a fault of the product so I cannot detract from the rating, but you will more than likely need to brace them on something if looking at stars (unless you are a surgeon...) as even small movements get exaggerated in the field of view.

For less pin point specific tasks like checking out wildlife in a nearby wood or whatever these also work extremely well.

For the money paid this product has yet to present a flaw worthy of stealing a star from the five offered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great binoculars, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Revelation 15x70 Binoculars Special Offer (Electronics)
For this price you cant go wrong excellent optics nice all round product not too heavy but better on a tripos to stop the shakes

5.0 out of 5 stars Great binoculars, 15 May 2012
This review is from: Revelation 15x70 Binoculars Special Offer (Electronics)
Good for looking over the city skyline or at the skys, very good for the price, light enough to hold for there size.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for the price!, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Revelation 15x70 Binoculars Special Offer (Electronics)
I bought these for my husband as a Christmas present and the delivery time was just superb service. In terms of quality, these are fantastic for the price -- just as the reviews have said they would be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blimey!, 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Revelation 15x70 Binoculars Special Offer (Electronics)
These our for our grandsons Christmas present who is interested in all things terrestrial and these were recommended to us for him. Apart from the fact that they are nearly as big as him (not really although we will have to lash him to something to keep him upright) (luckily we have tripod for him to use). Quality looks great, nice case to carry them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2014
Mrs Alida Thomas (Wellington, Somerset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Great binoculars for this price, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Revelation 15x70 Binoculars Special Offer (Electronics)
Bought these binoculars before deciding whether to invest in a telescope after visiting nearby observatory. Only had a few days but pleased with purchase. Quite heavy so need to lean on something or preferably use a tripod (bought the l clamp as well which was easy to fit by removing the cap between the lenses) if looking st something small (which usually are)

Revelation 15x70 Binoculars Special Offer