1,135 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars good bit of kit
having looked a several hands free kits, and asking friends i chose this one, it works well in all the vehicles i drive, along with the 2 mobile phones i have.
have already told my friends about how good this unit works.
good bit of kit and easy to use.
Published on 9 Nov. 2010 by headhunter

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says...
Slips onto a visor.
Charges rapidly, and holds charge for five-seven days at least.
Good quality calls, both ways.
Pairs with two phones (BB/iPhone) simultaneously, no need to reenter any codes.
Pretty good value for money.
Published on 15 July 2012 by DP

5.0 out of 5 stars good bit of kit, 9 Nov. 2010
This review is from: SuperTooth Buddy Handsfree Bluetooth Visor Speakerphone Car Kit for Smartphone Devices - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
have already told my friends about how good this unit works.
good bit of kit and easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works, 12 Nov. 2010
W. Bain "Doug B" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was fed up using bluetooth headsets with my iPhone. Everytime I seemed to want to use it, they were either not paired properly, battery dead or the person on the other end could not hear me properly.

So, I was looking for a hands free car kit. A full integrated one for my Audi A4 was about £250+. Too much.

So - after some investigating, I came across this alternative.

What I really like about it, is that it just works. I charged it up using a USB mains adapter, 3 weeks ago, I paired it up with my iPhone (that took about 1 minute) and then clipped it onto my visor. I have not had to charge it since.

Whenever I walk up to the car, it beeps to say that it is speaking with my iPhone. From then on, it just works. Sound is clear in both directions. I just leave my Bluetooth on my iPhone 4 on. I know that when I step into my car, then it will automatically be working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit., 13 Nov. 2010
Just bought one of these. Worked straight out of the packet. I carry 2 phones, currently a Blackberry for work (but about to change to a Samsung) and a HTC HD2 as a personal phone. As soon as I powered on the Buddy, it detected the HTC and paired immediately. I had to put the Buddy into pairing mode, and search from the BBerry, but you normally do this with any handsfree anyway. The reason I bought this is so I can have both phones ready on handsfree when I'm driving, and it works perfectly. I can take a call from my office, and when I'm done, I can call from my personal phone. Both phones reconnect automatically when I return to the car, having forgotten to turn the Buddy off. Which is something you need to remember, if you park near to where you are working, or on your drive at home. I keep forgetting to switch it off at home, and end up having to go out to the car after swearing at my phone wondering why I can't hear anything...!
Call clarity, I've been told, is much better at the other end than it was using a bluetooth headset. And the Buddy has a pretty good volume on it, considering it uses battery power. An in car charger is supplied, it's the same usb connection as my HTC HD2, which is very convenient.
One thing to remember. If like me you sometimes use a headset on site, and you are still on a call as you return to the car, the phone wont automatically reconnect until you turn off the headset.
All in all, I'm very pleased with this item, it works straight out of the box and is very simple to use.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says..., 15 July 2012
DP "dp" (Wokingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Slips onto a visor.
Charges rapidly, and holds charge for five-seven days at least.
Good quality calls, both ways.
Pairs with two phones (BB/iPhone) simultaneously, no need to reenter any codes.
Pretty good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic piece of kit! (iphone 3gs iso 4 software), 29 Dec. 2010
Purchased this speaker phone as I was fed up with messing around with an ear piece! Set up is simple, on the motorway at 70mph, I can hear the callers effortlessly, the callers can hear me without the need to shout! Many have critisised the voice recognition on this unit, originally I wasnt going to use it but if you are an Iphone user like me, when you hit the middle button on your phone (or the call button on the buddy for 1 second) you have to say "call" and then the name of the person or the number that you wish to dictate. If you shout the name, the phone wont recoginse that you want to call and will simply search for anything on the phone sounding like the name you shouted out! (this is an iphone feature and not a buddy feature, the buddy will work on the basis of the voice activation on your phone so learn how to use your phones first)

The key with the iphone is to say "call andy"and not just "andy". If you have two entries sounding similar, the phone will ask you which one. This has been reflected in the buddy's performance with minimal problems.

Been using this piece of kit for 3 weeks now, charged it once and no sign of a low battery.

Good piece of kit, clear speach, voice recognotion is good... if the recognition is generally poor on your phone, then the recognition will be poor on the speaker phone. I can only vouch for the Iphone!

For the price, well recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value!, 8 Oct. 2014
I got myself one of these as we use one in the van at work and its never been a problem. I was amazed at how cheap they are, I'm not the business type that takes phone calls on the road, but at this price its worth it just in case you need it. I have an older HTC phone and the Buddy linked with it easily (the phone at work is even older!) so it would seem that you don't need the latest phones to use one of these. Fits onto the driver's visor by a strong magnet, no tools required. Seems to last a long time on a single charge, I supposed it depends on how much you use it. Apparently you can get it to do voice-dialing, but that's too complicated for an old guy like me! Really, at this price you could get one just to see if you like the experience of hands-free instead of pulling over each time you want to take a call.

UPDATE 31/12/14: When I got this device, I put the instructions in a safe place.....never to be seen again(of course!). Now I've got a new phone and want to pair it with the hands-free unit, but cant find the instructions. Contacted vendor, who said they'd email me a copy, but didn't. So for the benefit of others like me, this is a link to the manufacturers site and a copy of the instructions: http://supertooth.net/en/bluetooth-car-kit/6-buddy.html
The unit itself is working well and seems to be pretty much bullet proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 15 July 2010
Kevin Wall - See all my reviews
This is one of the best, if not the best hands free kits I have ever bought. It does everything well, and connection to two devices at the same time...........brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 11 April 2015
I bought this item after my hard-wired Motorola system failed. The Motorola cost me £175 (supply and fit), this cost me £35. Given this huge price difference I did not expect exactly the same quality. The Buddy is however very good value and performs surprisingly well for a fraction of the cost of a dedicated hard-wired system. I will summarise below:

Buddy Pros
- Price.
- No dedicated installation of the system required (simply attach it to the clip on you sun visor).
- Size & design (small & compact, quite intuitive).
- Microphone quality (others can hear your speech really well I am told).
- Speaker quality under 'non motorway/heavy road' conditions (surprisingly good, very easy to hear).

Buddy Cons
- Battery operated - you will need to recharge it (ps-do not forget to switch it off when not in use!!).
- Speaker at higher road noise levels not great (you will struggle to hear it properly sometimes.
- Reception can fade in and out (to be expected at this price?).

There are other issues I suspect, but generally I think that covers it.

Is it worth the money? Definitely.

Is it the best you can get? Of course not.

If you are prepared to open up you car trims,mouldings, facing plates etc to fix wiring etc and pay £200-300 then you could get a better system without doubt.

For general in-car light use, hassle-free bluetooth this is superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars supertooth Buddy handsfree bluetooth visor car kit, 21 July 2010
W. Addison "bjabbers" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This is excellent. Paired with my Blackberry with no problem what so ever. It replaced a broken visorlite and everyone has commented on the excellent audio quality, far better than the old handsfree kit.
It is simple to use, simple to set up, great device.
I have used it now for 2 weeks, virtually every day and have still not had to recharge.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a pleasant surprise!, 8 Mar. 2012
I bought this Bluetooth handsfree kit, knowing that I was taking a risk. I mean, how could an item that costs 20% of the price of a well-konwn competitor (think talking bird!), really be any good? Knowing that I could send it back labelled "Not fit for purpose" was a safety net - and I was only partly convinced by the positive online reviews.

Well, serve me up the 'humble-pie' please! What a great little product!

I've had the Supertooth connected up for 3 weeks, I use it for at least 30 mins per day, and have not needed to charge it yet. I've never turned it off, even at night!

No-one has commented on call quality - when I ask, people say 'It's fine - why?' No-one has said they can't hear me - even at 100KPH.

Pairing the device a phone is simple. I have mine set to pair automatically. Sometimes it takes a few minutes before you hear the beep - but it's pretty reliable.

Negatives: The ringing volume via the unit is not VERY loud, (but you can hear it just fine). Occasionally (maybe 20%), the unit doesn't pair automatically with my phone. I'm struggling to think of another negative...honestly!

Who needs an expensive car-kit which is profesionally installed? And, if you change cars, this comes with you in seconds! Borrowing or renting a car? No problem!

Well done Supertooth!