5.0 out of 5 stars G-Shock Radio Controlled & Solar GW-2310-1ER
A good watch at a reasonable price. I've owned a couple of casio watches and this is the best as it ticks all the boxes for me - solar and radio controlled.
Published on 9 Jun 2011 by Dark Knight

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great
I love G-Shocks and have about 15 of them. This is an older model that's beeing updated with multiband 6 and solar, and while the watch itself is good it's let down by a bad strap and keeper. Unlike many of the newer models, this watch has a very stiff and hard resin strap. In combination with a keeper that's too loose and keeps sliding on the strap, I constatly get...
Published 9 months ago by Martin Ekstrand

5.0 out of 5 stars G-Shock Radio Controlled & Solar GW-2310-1ER, 9 Jun 2011
This review is from: G-Shock Men's Quartz Watch with Grey Dial Digital Display and Black Resin Strap GW-2310-1ER (Watch)
It comes ready-to-use with the battery full-charged, although according to the manual, it will take around half day in full sunlight fully charge. G-shock makes it look tough and sporty. Water resistant upto 20 bar so can be used for snorkelling. The wave-ceptor/radio controlled means the watch displays accurate time and date in UK, North America, EU, China, Japan automatically. It gets the current time/date automatically in these regions or can be set manually in other countries. Recommended sports watch!
The manual is easy to understand, but it's worth spending a few minutes reading it to familiarise yourself with the functions before pressing buttons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, 21 Nov 2012
Edgar Allan Poe "Gus" (East Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This is my second Casio solar/waveceptor watch; my first one been a titanium banded analog/digital display watch that although still working perfectly well was now starting to look a little scruffy after making the mistake of not taking off my watch off when I work in my job as an engineer & hence scratching the glass a little & wear & tear on the joints near the wristband. However, as this previous watch had kept perfect time for the last 6 years & never failed in the battery life with the solar recharging, even in the UK's deep, dark miserable winters, it was no surprise that I wanted the same kind of watch as a replacement for it.

So my new Casio G-Shock still has all the functions & features I liked on my older Casio solar/waveceptor watch; the main ones apart from timekeeping I use are the world time & the stopwatch. I can't really use the alarms on the watch as I am deaf to high frequencies, nor do I require often the use of a countdown timer; but if I did they are all there on this watch. The illumination on the display is a very pleasing green/blue light that displays all the area of the face up well. The large display makes the face easy to read at all times I find, so unless your eyesight is really bad this should be suffice for most people.

When I got my new watch the battery life was showing at mid level, but after leaving the watch under a lamp for a period over about 3 nights it soon climbed up to high level charge (currently mid November, so the usual dark & gloomy days in the UK), & as I never had any problems over the 6 years for battery life on my old watch I expect none with the new replacement. In fact some features on the new watch as opposed to the old one will make this certain; the old waveceptor watch did 5 recalibrations a night in the UK (from midnight till 4am). It did this regardless of whether all the previous time recalibrations were successful or not. On this new waceptor watch for the UK it starts calibrating at 1am, & if unsuccessful will also try at 2, 3 ,4 am & then midnight again if needed. But once it has been successful with any time calibration it does not also then try to recalibrate again until 1am the next morning. So far all my calibrations have been successful at 1am, so no other ones have been required, so hence battery power drainage is much less than on my older watch. Also, if left in the dark or in low illumination for over 60 minutes the watch will enter a sleep state where the display is blank, so once again saving power & battery life until you need it. To wake the watch up you just need to press any button, or move it into a light source & hey presto it will wake up again.

The weight of the watch is very light, in fact it weighs less than my titanium Casio watch which is like a feather on my wrist in reality, so with this model I feel it even less. I was unsure of the resin strap at first, but it looks & feels OK. This might not be a watch to wear for anything really formal perhaps, but for everyday life the strap & the case of this watch will protect it well, especially if you use it for sports/outdoor activities etc. The glass display is also recessed into the face of the watch by 4.5mm so unlike most other watches where the face sits level or protrudes slightly above the face you won't have to worry about knocking against any walls or door frames or anything else that might scratch the face.

Overall this is an excellent watch. If you have never had a solar powered watch then this is an excellent choice as you will never have to worry about battery replacement for years & years. So far my previous Casio solar powered watch is still ticking away after 6 years with no battery replacement required, or any problems with the battery. Let it get plenty of sunlight when we poor saps in the UK actually get some blue skies will keep it going for ages. And when the sunlight does fade in wintertime then it can still be charged up by the bedside table lamp as you read before you switch off the light. Also, the fact that this watch recalibrates itself every night so you get not only the time accurate to a tenth of a second every day, but you also don't have worry about daylight saving time changes either; these are done automatically when these changes apply, so you will never have to reset your watch again ever (and yes every time you hear the pips on the radio you will check your watch, even though you know it will be spot on all the time). And setting the watch in the first place is a breeze; all you need to do is specify your time zone main city (in this case London for the UK) & it will set the time up in a jiffy. Believe me, after owning a Casio solar powered waveceptor watch you will find that all other watches are a pale shadow of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars popular ?, 28 Jun 2011
g shocks new edition to their comprehensive range. this watch has it all stylish, hard wearing, functions galore and a good price tag. the looks alone could sell this watch add the fact you would have to steam roller over it to damage it, then check out the spec this watch has to offer and i belive this watch will become one of the most popular g shocks on the market. LOVE MINE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, 6 May 2013
I was hesitant about getting this watch, as I had a casio pro trek (a green one, can't remember the model) and the solar battery failed after a relatively short time. As I live in a dark corner of Ireland, I wasn't too shocked that the battery struggled to recharge, but it put me off the technology. A Citizen solar watch let me down as well.

However when it came time to get a new watch, I had a look at what was available and this one caught my eye. Hoping that the technology had moved on, and that the design was more robust, I took the plunge.

What can I say, it's a great watch. I'm a teacher and heavily involved in sports (coaching and taking part) and this watch is ideal. Clear display, with time, date and day easily legible, and after one day of full charging at a window, it has never displayed less than a full charge. It was a Christmas gift, which means I have the watch more than four months, and now that we are in short sleeves and the summer months, I'm pretty hopeful that this watch will stand the test of time (what a line! Sorry...)

The features are perfect for me - good stop watch functionality, getting the exact right time via wave-ceptor is nice; I hate fiddling with digital time pieces trying to re-set the time at regular intervals (car clock for example). The watch looks perfectly sized for me, I am of average height and build and it is 'neat' for a g-shock.

I have no negatives so far. Very good watch. If my opinion changes I will amend the review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good all rounder, 6 Feb 2013
the first one I bought was defective, so sent it back to Amazon who quickly refunded me, so I got another and I must say this one so far is brilliant, I'm an outdoor person, a film maker so this watch, put on my wrist and just go, does everything I need it for, a proper work horse watch, I recommend this wholeheartedly, Thanks Amazon for being very professional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Robust Watch, 21 Jan 2013
I wanted a watch that gave me accurate time & day date.
No need to worry about it being knocked about when working.
It is light & clear to read, touch it in the dark & it lights up the face.
No need to worry about movement to keep it going or replacing
batteries.
The watch for everyday working use & a spot on time piece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking watch, delivers everything that it promises, 7 Sep 2013
After a through search on watches costing up to 100, I concluded that according to reviews (at the critical end of the spectrum) features such as altimeters, temperature readings, compasses and tide projections do not seem to always perform well on wristwatches. Therefore, for my needs I would be happy with a watch that was solar powered and not heavy. This watch in addition includes the possibility of automatically, or even manually, adjusting the date and time by radio-controlled atomic timekeeping. The latter feature is, however, limited to certain geographical areas. So, no luck if you live in South America, Africa, Australia or the Antarctic! Dual time display (31 time zones, 48 cities) can be useful, there are several alarms, a countdown timer and also an hourly time signal. My only negative comment is that the alarm sound is not as loud as I would like. Then again, as this observation partly depends on one's hearing, I cannot complain much about it.

Delivery was quick and the packaging was excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I need, nothing I don't, 7 Aug 2013
I was looking for a G-shock watch as they have a formidable reputation for standing up to the rigours of day to activities. I spent a long time finding the right one and feel this is it. Many other models have features I would just never use but this has nothing unnecessary or gimicky. I am heavily involved in sports and this model has everything I need to play/coach such as alarms, countdown timer, water resistance to 20bar, highly accurate time (as it's radio controlled) and the durability of G-Shock. I like the solor power feature as my watches tend to run out of battery before they break and it can be costly or a hastly replacing them. I think it is important to properly read the instructions, especially regarding setting the radio received time, and I will keep the booklet in a safe place for future reference as the functions take a little bit of getting used to but that's a small price to pay and quickly overcome. This is definitely a worth while purchase if you want a durable, accurate timepiece without unnecessary features.

5.0 out of 5 stars G-Shock Watch, 15 Oct 2012
I wanted a watch that was tough, radio controlled and solar powered. The price was a modest 81.00 so I ordered it. Delivery was very prompt. Im a postman and I wear it every day. You are supposed to keep it exposed to the sun as much as poss which I dont always and it still works fine. Love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars quality item, 27 Mar 2012
9 months in an this watch hasn't missed a beat. no issues with functions or battery charging. comfortable fit discrete appearence. if your debating buying this unit, don't, was best 60 I spent in a while