5.0 out of 5 stars Not as lairy as you may think..
I'm a big fan of G Shocks and chunky watches in general and this G has not let me down.

I've got to say, I was expecting a brighter yellow than it actually arrived in, but I still love the Orangey Yellow it is.

Published on 12 May 2012 by AdamRawks

1.0 out of 5 stars The colour gets stained by clothing after I month it looks years old
Don't buy this colour, as it stains so easily and looks like its been on your wrist for years, just from your clothes
Published 19 months ago by Mr P Willamson

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as lairy as you may think.., 12 May 2012
This review is from: Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-9AER (Watch)

I can see why some people complain about the illumination on these watches in general, but because the hands on this one are yellow, the time is easy to read at night.

For a big watch it's really light and comfortable and overall fantastic value.

Again, don't worry about the colour - it's enough to stand out but it won't take over your wrist!

Great service from Amazon as always on this too - ordered, dispatched and delivered within 2 days on Supersaver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-9AER, 4 Jan 2012
This review is from: Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-9AER (Watch)
This watch is absolutely amazing - it is the bigger chunky faced G-shock with the more comfortable strap. The colour is more mustard than yellow, making it look more expensive (if you know what I mean) and the gadgets and gizmos on it kept my 16 year old amused all Christmas day - be warned, it comes with a big instruction manual - buy and enjoy you wont be disappointed. Also the delivery from this company was excellent, very quick and efficient.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - Big - Bold - Best, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-9AER (Watch)
I wanted a watch that I could use every day. I needed a watch which will look good and take some knocks and bumps. A friend had one of these in red and it looked good but red was just not me. I found this colour by chance and due to the fact I love the yellow and black combination it was a watch which fitted what I required.
The yellow is not too bright but enough to look good. The initial set up is easy if you follow the instructions. The watch is BIG! It is one for the man with a big wrist.
I bought this at a good price and delivery came within 3 days.
If you want a watch which is BIG, Bold and Best then buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars g-shock watch, 4 Aug 2013
This review is from: Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-9AER (Watch)
I was looking for a watch that I could wear under water this watch stood out for me, its the best watch I have ever purchased would recommend highly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great color, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-9AER (Watch)
the light is just a yellow LED very weak its not like the normal illuminate light that you get with all the Gshock models

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-9AER (Watch)
I ordered this watch after seeing it on a friend. Great size & I love the way it stands out, being different to the normal black watch worn by most people. Excellent price from Amazon and the only place I buy my G Shocks now to be sure they're genuine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great social and sports watch, 18 April 2013
This review is from: Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-9AER (Watch)
Fabulous - eye catching, rugged, waterproof and very lightweight on the wrist!
Easy to setup for all features you require also small, simple maintenance steps to look after your watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Big, yellow and comfy, 11 Jun 2014
crliege (Guildford, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-9AER (Watch)
You could almost say "this does what it says on the tin" as it comes delivered in a tin!

It's comfy, large and seems very robust.

My only gripe is that changing the date and time, for example, is a real pain in the rear. The booklet that comes says what should be done, but pushing buttons is often a case of trial and error. I got there in the end, but not without a bit of head-scratching.

Really like the colour as I wanted a watch that looks a bit outdoorsy, and one that will take a few knocks and scuffs and keep working. This looks very much like it will tick all those boxes.

Once you get it up and working it's fun, and certainly stands out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 July 2013
This review is from: Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-9AER (Watch)
Watch is so good I bought the white one too...

It's a g shock what more can say, looks good feels good

5.0 out of 5 stars Mustard Show Stopper, 3 May 2014
I UMWENI - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-9AER (Watch)
NOTE: This watch is MUSTARD - not a classic yellow!
The picture of the watch on the wrist is either a bad picture or a picture of a different model (possibly an imitation - of course I could not be sure of this) ).

Great watch.
Very stylish looking and functionally it is on par with almost any g-shock before it.
The World time feature is great and it is wonderful to see the clock hands move automatically to the right time.
You can switch the world time and the current time.

Some cons:
CON1: At least For at least 20 minutes an our the minute hand will obscure the LCD screens. At times it makes the LCD screen unreadable.
The hour hand will only partially obscure the LCD screens if it does at all. This will never make them unreadable.

CON 2: The LCD screens :
These are black with light grey text - this is a style over function decision.
You can only see the LCD screens in perfect lighting conditions and with the watch tilted at just the right angle.
If the stopwatch, timer and alarms are features you want to look at frequently - you will be frustrated by this very capable watch
and I would not recommend that you part with your money. Other watches in this range have more readable LCD screens.

If these are not your main use of this device, then it could be the best watch you could possibly have for the price.

Conclusion :
The watch is great as a general timepiece.
It looks unique and is really stylish (You will be described by strangers as the one with the yellow watch)
Be aware that this watch will not complement every clothing option you have and you will on some days be happy for it to simply 'not go' with what you are wearing.
It is tough - shockproof, magnetism proof and waterproof to 200m (Which means swimming, surfing, diving and everything in-between are all in).
The strap is great whether you wear it tight or loose (as I do).

I recommend this watch.
I also got the white one with the white face as there are times when I need to see the stopwatch and that model has a more sensible LCD with all the other wonderful features ... and it is white.
(I think one of the black ones is in danger of joining the collection too ...... along with the red one possibly .... tell no-one you heard that from me!!)

With the noted limitations .. This is great watch and the price puts it at least 4.75/5 stars.

Casio Gents Watch G-Shock GA-100A-9AER