5.0 out of 5 stars Casio G Shock
Published on 24 Mar. 2011 by Bryan

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality glass plus steaming up
I have had this watch little over a week and was at first happy with it't overall look and features. Now this watch is described as rugged and has a scratch resistant glass. I've previously had a Seiko and the glass on that is still pristine after 10 years, this G Shock has scratched in a week and the orange paint on the letters appears to be fading. Maybe I just have a...
Published on 8 Nov. 2011 by M. P. Atherton

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio G Shock, 24 Mar. 2011
This review is from: G-Shock Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Resin Strap GW-3000B-1AER (Watch)
Great watch. Took a while to set the time zone but then all worked great. Luminous dial doesn't hold its light for more than a few hours and the watch doesn't automatically change time zone when you move country. The watch updates its time several times a day so is always accurate to the second. The second hand goes to sleep at night at the 12 oclock position but as soon as it sees light it wakes up (battery saving mode). Smart and tough watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio G shock GW-3000B-1AER, 24 Jun. 2011
I have owned a number of G Shock watches over the years and this is the best.
The solar power facility leaving the watch never needing a battery is brilliant and the radio signal that updates the time, keeps this timepiece spot on.
My watches have a hard life and are subjected to large shocks on a daily basis. Pound for pound, G Shock watches are the best value for money on the market and this watch is one of the best available. You wont be disappointed.
All Casio need to do now to make this range perfect is add some Gaseous Tritium Light Sources to thier watches and they will have a market leader. Thats my only little gripe. The luminous paint Casio use, as does all manufacturers, isnt a patch on the GTLS technology available now if you need to see the time at night, without a battery powered backlight eating the battery, or giving away your position. (admittedly that probably wont be an issue for most people.!.)
A great watch however that will last you a long time and looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars No idea how good this watch is . . ., 18 Jan. 2011
as having been promised delivery by Amazon.co.uk sometime between the 4th and 6th Jan (I bought it on the 28th Dec 2010) I'm still without watch and having to wait until 25th Jan before they will do anything about my situation.

I can only suggest buying the GW-3000 from some other trusted highly rated dealer.

What a let down.

UPDATE. . .
Watch arrived a couple of hours ago.
Shipping mishaps aside, the watch is jaw droppingly stunning.

It thankfully wears much smaller than it looks and I found it fairly easy to set up; but you will need the handbook. Once the home city was set, synchronisation with the atomic signal took just a couple of minutes. The resin strap is really comfortable and chunky enough to suit the watch, if that makes sense. The time reads really well, no real confusion with all the sub dials. The date sings out nicely too. My only niggle so far is that the world time dial (small one on RHS at 3 o'clock) is a little confusing being 24hr. Although it does a good job, the GW-3000 is sadly less readable in darkness than my old trusty Traser H3 P6508 , but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

This has all the makings of a brilliant hardy workhorse of a watch that I trust will serve me well.
I can't stop looking at it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Aviator Watch, 3 Aug. 2012
I bought this watch before becoming acquainted with the joys of Amazon - but found it an excellent timepiece, smart and attractive, and have purchased another on Amazon as a gift.

The GW-3000 is an aviator watch, utilised by the Red Arrows and RAF Ski team. Smart enough to be formal and sporty enough for leisure, it hits the middle ground nicely and I often get comments and compliments on it. It keeps excellent time and self-adjusts, though there are a few countries in which it won't. No bother, it has a manual override for most of its functions. What I also like is that it is aggressive enough to be sporty, but fits the wrist nicely and is surprisingly small and neatly sleek & round. Apparently a more recent 'super-watch' has been produced also in partnership with the RAF, looks good, but will not go with a suit. It is also somewhat large with button-guards that crimp the skin.

The glass is sunken and won't scratch easily, it is wipe-clean and has attractive orange detail that makes it striking without being garish. The night lume is good and practical though not the brightest ever made. Its functions are practical (I use the alarm, world time and stopwatch - I cannot see myself using the thermometer on the new 'super-watch') The alarm is loud enough to wake you, whilst the ticking is very discreet.

The face is busy but not 'over-crowded' with info as some Breitlings and other Aviator watches are. A quick glance gives you the information you need.

The touchness certainly compares, I am a PSD operator and operate in harsh and dusty environments. This watch combines form with function to a high degree without being OTT like a few G-Shocks are. It is true that it must be set up with care and with reference to the manual - but you are getting an advanced wrist instrument, rather than a throwaway Casio digital. Much like a jet fighter requires simulator hours a Cessna doesn't, the time is worth it for the piece of kit you are getting in the end. Now it is going for a more reasonably price, I strongly recommend it. It certainly beat many other G-Shocks which are practical but ugly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy G-Shock analogue, 16 Jun. 2012
As a G-Shock collector I fancied another analogue watch that had a bit of character. Seeing this watch model on the website does not do it justice. The orange accents suit the watch face very nicely and the outer bezel has blue/grey numericals.
The inside of the watch bezel may look overly complicated but it's actually all very clear. You have an 'On' and 'Off' for the alarm, a 'W' and 'R' when performing a manual time receive (done on initial setup) and a 'Y' and 'N' for checking the status of an automatic time received. Then of course the abbreviated city codes for world time. In stopwatch mode the right hand dial displays the seconds with the second hand of the main clock face displaying tenths of seconds. The numericals shown on the inside bezel are for the tenth of second increments.
Being an analogue G-Shock the model has less features than one of it's typical digital stable mates but this doesn't take away the fact it is a quality model.
The face has plenty of 3D depth effect and the luminous hands are very bright after being exposed to light.
I've actually gone a step further with this watch and fitted the orange strap from the GW-3000 Funk model which I bought direct from Casio UK and fitted this myself. The existing black strap is still very smart though and being twin holes it makes it very secure.
The watch has a nice overall weight too. You can see my GW-3000 with the orange strap fitted by visiting g-shockzone.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars Have been looking for awatch for casual wear for some time and after loads ..., 26 Dec. 2014
Have been looking for a watch for casual wear for some time and after loads of research plumped for this one. Arrived two days after ordering and in time for Christmas, so pleased with that. Even more pleased that it was a big discount on some other online watch retailers!
It really is a thing of beauty and I love the aviation inspired design. I wanted a tough watch with; an analogue face, a second hand (crucial), no worries about replacing the battery, radio controlled calibration and also be very pleasing on the eye. It's all these things and deserves 5 stars. It's not a stupidly large watch, it fits under a cuff and I'll happily wear it to work.
Yes, the manual is not entirely straightforward and the watch was an hour fast until I eventually worked out how to change to Daylight Saving Time. It took a couple of reads, but that's half the fun of buying a new gadget!
I'm not totally convinced on the usefulness of the sub dials - I usually know what day of the week it is and you need brilliant eyesight and lots of light to read any of them. Stop watch looks cool in action but again the sub dials are small and hard to read so it's a bit of a gimmick. However, I don't need a stopwatch and that's not what I bought it for.
A great watch at a great price, highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really great watch., 6 Aug. 2012
Mr. R Calder (Shetland, UK) - See all my reviews
I decided on this watch to wear at work. I wanted something tough but something that looks great, and I am very particular about styles.

Set up was extremely simple, just follow the instructions and it will be easy. It has a fair amount of functions, for its price, such as world time, stopwatch etc. It's radio controlled, so it connects to an antenna once a night and keeps the time very accurate. It is also solar powered, so it charges by leaving it in sunlight (or any type of light I believe) although sunlight being the most powerful gives it the best charge.

It looks amazing, the orange used for the numbers is just so great along with the black, although they do not lend themselves to be read easily at night, which brings me to the one thing I do not like the watch.

There is no backlight! There is luminous paint on the hands but thats where it ends. It really, really needs a light in my opinion, that would have made it the perfect watch, but we can't have everything I suppose.

Overall I would really recommend the watch to pretty much anyone. It does look a little chunky but wears well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Nov. 2013
D. Irwin "slightly clumsy" (UK (Middle England)) - See all my reviews
This is my third Casio G-shock, so I obviously... er, quite like them. (apart from setting them up)

Overall I love this watch. Despite giving the appearance of being a bit garish, I think it looks excellent.
It has enough detail on the face as to render it tasteful. (my opinion, obviously)

Setting up, the usual bugbear of G-shock, is easier than my earlier jobbie and I could make it perform most of the functions, with the aid of the 'tiny' manual.... Certainly all the functions that I want it to perform.

Not sure about the usefulness of the sub dials, particularly with the lack of highlighted detail information on the one I received.

Be aware that you might not receive exactly the same watch as is shown.... As mentioned, non of my subdials have white highlighted details... More a very dull, almost invisible set of markings.

At age 70, they aren't a lot of use to me, nor will they be to anyone who doesn't naturally have the ability to count electrons in a Carbon atom.

Overall an excellent watch and I know that it will be extremely rugged.

5.0 out of 5 stars So beautiful…, 13 Sept. 2013
I got this baby today. The watch is far prettier than the photos and video that you probably watched on YouTube. I found it easy to configure it because I follow the steps of the manual. As for the absence of backlight I don’t really care. The only drawback in my opinion is that Casio should have made this watch a little bigger. Buy it and don’t be afraid you will enjoy this watch!

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful yet tough watch, 20 Nov. 2013
This watch is more bright in reality than it is in the picture. This is one tough yet a beautiful watch. The dial is clearly readable. and legible. There is no backlit though but the hands and the numbers are coated with neobrite and the luminescence lasts overnight so I have no problem reading the time in darkness. The orange on black is simply adorable.The resin band is of extremely good quality and seems sturdy and durable yet very comfortable on the wrist. With radio signal reception facility this keeps accurate time and I have checked with the world time server and it is accurate to second. And with solar rechargeable battery, I don't need to bother about battery replacement . I do have a Citizen ecodrive which again is a fantastic watch but that is quite formal and I needed a sporty watch and this is it. I would say this is one fantastic watch. Don't think twice, just go for it.