5.0 out of 5 stars Casio G Shock
Published on 24 Mar 2011 by Bryan

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing - failed battery not covered by warranty!
Published on 3 Dec 2011 by N. G. M. Barrett

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio G Shock, 24 Mar 2011
This review is from: G-Shock Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Resin Strap GW-3000B-1AER (Watch)
Great watch. Took a while to set the time zone but then all worked great. Luminous dial doesn't hold its light for more than a few hours and the watch doesn't automatically change time zone when you move country. The watch updates its time several times a day so is always accurate to the second. The second hand goes to sleep at night at the 12 oclock position but as soon as it sees light it wakes up (battery saving mode). Smart and tough watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio G shock GW-3000B-1AER, 24 Jun 2011
I have owned a number of G Shock watches over the years and this is the best.
The solar power facility leaving the watch never needing a battery is brilliant and the radio signal that updates the time, keeps this timepiece spot on.
My watches have a hard life and are subjected to large shocks on a daily basis. Pound for pound, G Shock watches are the best value for money on the market and this watch is one of the best available. You wont be disappointed.
All Casio need to do now to make this range perfect is add some Gaseous Tritium Light Sources to thier watches and they will have a market leader. Thats my only little gripe. The luminous paint Casio use, as does all manufacturers, isnt a patch on the GTLS technology available now if you need to see the time at night, without a battery powered backlight eating the battery, or giving away your position. (admittedly that probably wont be an issue for most people.!.)
A great watch however that will last you a long time and looks great.

5.0 out of 5 stars No idea how good this watch is . . ., 18 Jan 2011
as having been promised delivery by Amazon.co.uk sometime between the 4th and 6th Jan (I bought it on the 28th Dec 2010) I'm still without watch and having to wait until 25th Jan before they will do anything about my situation.

I can only suggest buying the GW-3000 from some other trusted highly rated dealer.

What a let down.

UPDATE. . .
Watch arrived a couple of hours ago.
Shipping mishaps aside, the watch is jaw droppingly stunning.

It thankfully wears much smaller than it looks and I found it fairly easy to set up; but you will need the handbook. Once the home city was set, synchronisation with the atomic signal took just a couple of minutes. The resin strap is really comfortable and chunky enough to suit the watch, if that makes sense. The time reads really well, no real confusion with all the sub dials. The date sings out nicely too. My only niggle so far is that the world time dial (small one on RHS at 3 o'clock) is a little confusing being 24hr. Although it does a good job, the GW-3000 is sadly less readable in darkness than my old trusty Traser H3 P6508 , but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

This has all the makings of a brilliant hardy workhorse of a watch that I trust will serve me well.
I can't stop looking at it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Have been looking for awatch for casual wear for some time and after loads ..., 26 Dec 2014
Have been looking for a watch for casual wear for some time and after loads of research plumped for this one. Arrived two days after ordering and in time for Christmas, so pleased with that. Even more pleased that it was a big discount on some other online watch retailers!
It really is a thing of beauty and I love the aviation inspired design. I wanted a tough watch with; an analogue face, a second hand (crucial), no worries about replacing the battery, radio controlled calibration and also be very pleasing on the eye. It's all these things and deserves 5 stars. It's not a stupidly large watch, it fits under a cuff and I'll happily wear it to work.
Yes, the manual is not entirely straightforward and the watch was an hour fast until I eventually worked out how to change to Daylight Saving Time. It took a couple of reads, but that's half the fun of buying a new gadget!
I'm not totally convinced on the usefulness of the sub dials - I usually know what day of the week it is and you need brilliant eyesight and lots of light to read any of them. Stop watch looks cool in action but again the sub dials are small and hard to read so it's a bit of a gimmick. However, I don't need a stopwatch and that's not what I bought it for.
A great watch at a great price, highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars So beautiful…, 13 Sep 2013
I got this baby today. The watch is far prettier than the photos and video that you probably watched on YouTube. I found it easy to configure it because I follow the steps of the manual. As for the absence of backlight I don’t really care. The only drawback in my opinion is that Casio should have made this watch a little bigger. Buy it and don’t be afraid you will enjoy this watch!

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing - failed battery not covered by warranty!, 3 Dec 2011
I had this watch for 18 months when it stopped working. Sent it to Casio repair shop who quoted £56 for a new solar battery as this is not covered by the warranty! Despite advertising saying the battery will last as long as the life of the watch and you kind of expect a g-shock to last for a bit longer than 18 months anyway. Also Casio failed to reply to my letter of complaint. I will never buy a Casio again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality glass plus steaming up, 8 Nov 2011
I have had this watch little over a week and was at first happy with it't overall look and features. Now this watch is described as rugged and has a scratch resistant glass. I've previously had a Seiko and the glass on that is still pristine after 10 years, this G Shock has scratched in a week and the orange paint on the letters appears to be fading. Maybe I just have a duff one but I expected much better.

Update

I'm now on my 2nd watch after my first was steaming up under the glass, it was repaired and continued to have the same problem. Then I was sent a new replacement watch and this now has the same fault. Avoid

5.0 out of 5 stars Great watch! And what a bargain at the price of 139!, 13 May 2014
Great watch! And what a bargain at the price of 139!
Stylish! Tough! Functional!!!! suits for most sports, including swimming! Love G-shock!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Feb 2014
It looks and feels as good as I thought it would be. Bought it for my son's christmas and he is delighted with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars just love them, 6 Jan 2014
"Got this watch for almost two weeks, despite on negative reviews I bought them :) and so far I'm really happy."