Colour Name: White|Change

on 12 May 2012
I'm a big fan of G Shocks and chunky watches in general and this G has not let me down.

I've got to say, I was expecting a brighter yellow than it actually arrived in, but I still love the Orangey Yellow it is.

I can see why some people complain about the illumination on these watches in general, but because the hands on this one are yellow, the time is easy to read at night.

For a big watch it's really light and comfortable and overall fantastic value.

Again, don't worry about the colour - it's enough to stand out but it won't take over your wrist!

Great service from Amazon as always on this too - ordered, dispatched and delivered within 2 days on Supersaver.
on 3 May 2014
NOTE: This watch is MUSTARD - not a classic yellow!
The picture of the watch on the wrist is either a bad picture or a picture of a different model (possibly an imitation - of course I could not be sure of this) ).

Great watch.
Very stylish looking and functionally it is on par with almost any g-shock before it.
The World time feature is great and it is wonderful to see the clock hands move automatically to the right time.
You can switch the world time and the current time.

Some cons:
CON1: At least For at least 20 minutes an our the minute hand will obscure the LCD screens. At times it makes the LCD screen unreadable.
The hour hand will only partially obscure the LCD screens if it does at all. This will never make them unreadable.

CON 2: The LCD screens :
These are black with light grey text - this is a style over function decision.
You can only see the LCD screens in perfect lighting conditions and with the watch tilted at just the right angle.
If the stopwatch, timer and alarms are features you want to look at frequently - you will be frustrated by this very capable watch
and I would not recommend that you part with your money. Other watches in this range have more readable LCD screens.

If these are not your main use of this device, then it could be the best watch you could possibly have for the price.

Conclusion :
The watch is great as a general timepiece.
It looks unique and is really stylish (You will be described by strangers as the one with the yellow watch)
Be aware that this watch will not complement every clothing option you have and you will on some days be happy for it to simply 'not go' with what you are wearing.
It is tough - shockproof, magnetism proof and waterproof to 200m (Which means swimming, surfing, diving and everything in-between are all in).
The strap is great whether you wear it tight or loose (as I do).

I recommend this watch.
I also got the white one with the white face as there are times when I need to see the stopwatch and that model has a more sensible LCD with all the other wonderful features ... and it is white.
(I think one of the black ones is in danger of joining the collection too ...... along with the red one possibly .... tell no-one you heard that from me!!)

With the noted limitations .. This is great watch and the price puts it at least 4.75/5 stars.
on 4 January 2012
This watch is absolutely amazing - it is the bigger chunky faced G-shock with the more comfortable strap. The colour is more mustard than yellow, making it look more expensive (if you know what I mean) and the gadgets and gizmos on it kept my 16 year old amused all Christmas day - be warned, it comes with a big instruction manual - buy and enjoy you wont be disappointed. Also the delivery from this company was excellent, very quick and efficient.
on 13 June 2012
Having looked at quite a few watches in the G Shock range I eventually settled on this watch, perfect colour, perfect size (although I do have large wrists) and does everything I need it to do. Cracking watch at a great price. This watch has made me realise that I need more G Shocks in my watch collection.
on 25 May 2016
Note the watch is very large, on the Casio site it is listed as an 'oversize' watch, I knew it would be big but I didn't realize how big, so I advise that you consider the sizes provided to make sure it's right for you. Mine is in white and it's very vibrant (from some angles it can just look like a big lump of plastic and a tad toy-ish though), but it looks good. The build quality really is very high, the mineral glass cover feels durable and makes it feel like a premium watch for the money. Having so many notches in the wrist band also allows you to get the right fit. The buttons are not particularly easy to press and the point that they actually register with the display is only after the buttons have depressed all the way, however this does prevent them from being accidentally pressed if you knock the watch so I wouldn't want them easier to press. The user interface is not particularly easy to navigate (when it comes to settings etc), but you do get used to it. The speedometer at the top used for calculating speeds once you've inputted a distance is, in my opinion, a complete gimmick and I would have preferred a separate LCD panel perhaps showing the date permanently. The LED light works very well, as does the 'auto light' feature, but note that the feature does deactivate itself automatically 6 hours after activating because it drains the battery, so you would need to keep turning it on every 6 hours if you wanted it on permanently (not advised). The LCD panel CAN seem washed out in harsh lighting, but all of them do, and the black digits on light background is better than the white digits on black background in the other colours.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: The hands at particular times of day cover the LCD panels, and despite the hands having holes through them, it can make reading the panels very difficult. At times like 7:20 (when both the hour and minute hand cover the panel used for the stop watch), it makes using the stop watch near impossible, which is sort of a massive flaw... But might not bother some (I've never actually found myself in a situation where I've not been able to use it, but in concept it bothers me). The manual says the battery will last 2 years with 1.5 seconds of LED and 10 seconds of alarm every day. I use probably 6 seconds of LED light and 30 seconds of alarm a day (snoozing the alarm twice in the morning), so it may last less than this.

Overall I am happy with the watch, if you're looking for a classic style icon that's exceptionally durable and will look just as good dirty and scratched up as the day you took it out of the box (although it won't scratch easily), go for it.
on 8 February 2014
Very pleased with my first g-shock. Has all the functions I need and I particularly like how you can change time to a different city by pressing 2 buttons. Speed function is a bit gimmicky but this is the only minor gripe.
on 4 August 2013
I was looking for a watch that I could wear under water this watch stood out for me, its the best watch I have ever purchased would recommend highly.
on 15 August 2012
This watch is just right if you're looking for a nice chunky watch that stands out. High quality build (as you would expect).

One little thing that took me a little while to find out is that the hands are set independent from the digital display and may get out of place when delivered (because of coming in contact with magnets, etc. in delivery). There are simple instructions on page 42 of the manual. (Just so that you don't have to go searching on the internet panicking that there is something wrong with your G-Shock).

And you're good to go.

Looking to get some more G-Shocks to add to my collection, when I have some spare change laying around.

Have a good day :)
on 29 June 2013
I wanted a watch that I could use every day. I needed a watch which will look good and take some knocks and bumps. A friend had one of these in red and it looked good but red was just not me. I found this colour by chance and due to the fact I love the yellow and black combination it was a watch which fitted what I required.
The yellow is not too bright but enough to look good. The initial set up is easy if you follow the instructions. The watch is BIG! It is one for the man with a big wrist.
I bought this at a good price and delivery came within 3 days.
If you want a watch which is BIG, Bold and Best then buy this.
on 1 March 2013
This watch is just great. I cannot find anything that's wrong with it. Although it does take a bit of time to learn all the functions of the watch, but I enjoyed it!
It's a fairly big watch and even though my hands are skinny it's not awkward on my wrist. Don't worry about any parts of the watch malfunctioning, the color rubbing off, getting scratches, dropping it on the floor because it is made of great quality by Casio! After all people in the military use it. ;)

*After a month*
I completely take back everything I have said. Since the color of the watch is white, it gets mixed up with other colors. Likee at the edge of my watch the color has become already slightly black, red, and grey. Its not noticable from far but it does become annoying after a while because the watch itself is completely white.
After closer examination I realized that when I said in the paragraph above that when I dropped my watch nothing happened, actually I noticed that the color of the watch has chipped off at the side, and I begen to ponder why would people in the military use it for its toughness when I am able to get it all scratched up and make the color come off the watch. The problem is that the quality of the material used around the watch to protect it is really poor, the color comes off, and colors of clothes get on it.
Dont take me wrong though, the watch itself is superb but maybe the problem was that I bought the white version instead of the black one which makes it much easier to see scatches and paint coming off.