5.0 out of 5 stars CASIO EDIFICE M300
Published on 16 Sep 2010 by Bernie

2.0 out of 5 stars One piece of glass away from getting 5 stars!
I , like your self, trawled the Amazon Website in search for a new watch. After literally hundreds of watches, I came across this watch which really stood out from the rest. The watch had everything I was looking for, it was good looking,loaded with tech and looked solid.

I went off in search of a number of reviews (as I do for everything that I buy) to find...
Published on 27 July 2011 by Gadget Guru

5.0 out of 5 stars CASIO EDIFICE M300, 16 Sep 2010
This review is from: Casio Men's Solar Powered Radio Controlled Combi Bracelet Watch ECW-M300EDB-1AER (Watch)
Very impressed with the Casio Edifice M300. Just what I needed for faultless timing always. It adjusts itself for summer & winter time, never need worry about changing the date. It's solar powered, so no batteries to get replaced badly by the shop. I have quite a few watches, but this one is by far the most practical and looks great too. Some reviews say it's complicated to set up, but follow the instructions and it's quite straight forward. Lingray Watches supplied it and their service was great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely watch but Amazon's pic is a bit misleading..., 19 Jun 2011
The watch is fab but for a proper idea of how the watch looks take a look at the uploaded photos rather than Amazon's own pic. The actual watch is less blue and more gray with red highlights..

4.0 out of 5 stars Classy looks - Revised Review after 9 months use, 20 Dec 2011
9 months of usage, any faults???

No. None whatsoever. I have bumped it a few times, no scratches, no chips (the glass is really good) and more importantly still looks as good as new. One incident though. I accidently dropped it once on hard floor from a height of over a meter and the minute hand popped out!!! I was lucky that it was stuck in a corner and not in the movement path of the hour hand. A quick visit to a local watch store and it was fixed within 5 minutes. I had to manually reset the hand positions however, but have had no issues since. Its no G-shock but holds its own ground!

**********************************************
One of the best looking watches out there, in my opinion at least. I have had the watch for over 3 months now and it ensures people do a double take (I have had my share!). The radio frequency works brilliantly, automatically adjusting the time once you move time zones. The digital display can be better. Its 'inverse' display looks both cool at times (by day) and hard to read at times (you guessed it, by night).

The LED feature DOESN'T illuminate the digital display brightly enough that you can easily make out the digital time. The radium on the hour and minute sticks are good to say the least. A few seconds exposed to a light source will leave your watch gleaming for minutes.

It feels sturdy, but as most pointed out, the glass does protrude out and 'could' chip. However, must add that I have bumped the watch on several occasions and the glass has never (or rather, is yet to) chip.

Is it scratch proof?. Yes. More or less. It can withstand your usual day to day scratches thanks to few hits here and there. But a hard bump against the wall will usually leave a scratch. I have an almost imperceptible scratch. Almost imperceptible.

It doesn't have a dial to 'rotate' and set the analog time. You need to set the time you want 'digitally' and voila, the minute and hour sticks move slowly, but surely, to the set time.

To rate it on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest:

Ease of reading time: 7 (mainly due to the not-so-great illumination. If you predominantly use the analog time, then you will never have a problem)
Looks: 9
Ease of use: 8 (getting used to the settings could take some time)
Overall: 8

Finally, its an amazing watch. As long as you are careful not to bump it often, you should have it looking as good as new for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Casio Watch - Fantastic Value!!, 9 Aug 2013
My wife has bought me this watch for my birthday. When she first asked me what I would like for my 70th, within a certain price range, I decided upon a new watch. I have had several Casio watches over the years and trust them for quality and reliabilty. My last one was a Protrek with barometer etc etc. and has given superb service. One issue was the resin strap which has split on one side of one of the buckle holes and as a result it won't be long before the whole strap breaks.

So, what did I base my criteria on when beginning a search for a new watch. I decided, given what I said before, that I wanted a metal bracelet. Secondly I wanted, as with the Protrek, solar power to avoid battery changes. Thirdly I wanted to have the watch time to be kept automatically correct by connection to the atomic clock. Fourthly I wanted a digital display as well as analogue. Fifth I wanted an alarm and finally a display backlight.

I visited all the high street jewellers and couldn't find one that matched all the above criteria within the budget that I'd been given other than the Casio watch that I'd selected. Probably the closest was a watch in the Citizen range but they were much more expensive than Casio.

This watch cost £275 in HS which is more than £90 dearer than on Amazon (with free delivery thrown in). My main concern was how to adjust the bracelet should it not fit my wrist, but, having checked this out in local jewellers, the cost to take links out was £5.50, which I preferred rather than buying a kit to take them out myself. So what a saving!! The watch is guaranteed for 2 years and would have to be returned to Casio if a repair was necessary. The same applies to high street jewellers too except they would send it back on your behalf. I decided that the £90 saving was worth taking that chance!!

The watch was delivered very efficiently by Amazon and I've had a chance to find out how it works. It really is very simple to set the time zone/city for the country where you live or are visiting for the atomic clock to give you the correct time. It was quite amazing to see the fingers and digital display change when I set the city to LON for the UK. A second time zone can be set too in a similar manner which could be handy if travelling regularly to Europe or elsewhere for that matter. A simple press of a button changes the zones you have chosen. The instruction provided with the watch are easy to follow and are very concise and as long as they are followed there will be no problems.

The watch itself is weighty and feels and looks strong and durable. Handsome would be good word to use and looks very elegant on the wrist. I had links taken out of the bracelet by a local jeweller because it was much too big for my relatively small wrist and now it fits beautifully.

I have to say that I am very pleased with the watch and look forward to many years of accurate timekeeping plus use of the features described earlier. If you're in the market for a watch with similar requirements to mine - check this watch out. You won't be disappointed and the price and looks will bring a big smile to your face!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent timepiece, 11 Dec 2012
P. White (Wokingham, UK) - See all my reviews
Having yet again gone to wear a watch and discovered the battery was flat I decided it was time to move up to some technology that meant this would no longer be a problem. There are several manufacturers with their own systems but Casio seemed to be a good compromise between features and price, and has the advantage of not only being solar powered but receiving the time signal so it is always accurate, every day, at any point. As someone with a bit of a thing for accuracy, this I have to say really floats my boat - every time the radio has the time beeps before the news the second hand on the watch will sweep exactly onto the hour in time!

I had some concerns the watch would be too heavy, too bulky and too complicated to use. Its not too big at least for my wrist, it is large but its not bulky I actually have an Suunto outdoor watch thats bigger and heavier it turned out. Its not complicated to use, although setting the timezone and switching the home and travel timeszones feature takes some remembering.

The only thing to say in the negative is the strap is huge and you will need some links taken out unless you have an arm like a tree trunk. I bought the "Domu 16 peice watch repair tool kit pin & back remover" form amazon and took the links out myself but I am sure any watch shop would do it for you for twice the price of the kit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Men's Solar Powered Radio Controlled Combi Bracelet Watch ECW-M300EDB-1AER, 5 Oct 2011
I am very happy with this watch,i was looking for a timepiece that can take care of itself in the date/time accuracy and battery department,and this watch does just that,i love the solar power and radio controlled atomic timekeeping,which updates at 2am every morning ensures perfect time all the time(if it cannot update for any reason,it will attempt again up to six times until it is has) ,the quality of the watch is superb,and it is a nice weight,not too heavy but not too light,the watch strap was a bit large for my wrist,but after a quick look online i soon found a video which showed how to adjust metal watch straps,and it really is quite simple.
This watch will last me a very long time,a quality timepiece and super fast delivert from Amazon.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perpetual Time, 22 Aug 2011
The watch is good looking amazingly accurate, with a host of useful functions in particular the multi time zones. The solar power indicator has not been off the high mark to date. This feature should in theory minimise servicing costs.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good watch., 11 Jun 2011
there are 2 versions of this watch:
One display text appears either as dark figures on a light background,
The other light figures on a dark background.
Mine is the second.Its a little bit difficult to see the caracters,because these are not very clear,but the watch it is very beautiful,(althoug a little bit heavy to carry).(190grm.)

Very good price for a quality watch with impressive caracters.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good watch, 9 Oct 2012
Perfect watch for me! I used a long time looking for a watch that looked nice and tough and also had a digital calender and wave ceptor. I feel I found all that in this watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio ECW-M300EDB-1AER, 25 Sep 2012
This is a superb watch. It has more functions than I will ever need. There is no problem with maintaining the solar battery charge.
It is more "blingy" and heavier than other watches I have had. However I must admit that I like the face and dials. The shiny buttons and screws simply add to its charm.