5.0 out of 5 stars A great purchase
Very happy with this purchase. Extremely easy to inflate and deflate with the least effort. Has been used by guests twice now and they have both commented on how comfortable the bed is.
Published on 31 May 2011 by Julie

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of money
Air bed comfortable when fully blown-up, but over a period of time deflates itself, During the night you could end up blowing the air bed 2 or 3 time.
Exchanged it once, just in case there was a fault with the one that was sent to me.
No. I would advise anybody to keep away from this item.
Published 18 months ago by Kuljit Singh

1.0 out of 5 stars What a waste of money, 26 Feb 2013
This review is from: Intex Ultra Plush Queen Size Airbed with Built in Electric Pump (66958) (Sports)
No. I would advise anybody to keep away from this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great purchase, 31 May 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Intex Ultra Plush Queen Size Airbed with Built in Electric Pump, 13 Jan 2012
The product is excellent. Two people slept for two weeks without any problems. No inflation and deflation problems. Strong recommendation, at least for indoor use!

1.0 out of 5 stars Deflated in use, 29 Aug 2013
We bought this based on the mostly positive reviews. Sadly we joined the group who got a faulty product. Initially the product appeared great. It inflated and deflated easily with a car inverter and was extremely comfortable when we got into bed. Not for long, 5 hours later we could feel the floor. We pumped it up again and the same thing happened. It is now being returned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good at first but then ........... disappointment, again & again & poor customer support, 1 Aug 2012
We were initially very pleased with this purchase and used it successfully during a period just after Purchase earlier this year. However upon setting it up in early June we were aware that it was deflating. Investigation revealed a small hole on the top of the mattress. Whilst it deflates quite slowly, it was nevertheless effectively useless because over the course of the night the occupants end up on the floor.
We contacted the seller, Outdoor Leisure Direct, & advised that we had not treated this mattress inappropriately and would appreciate a replacement. They responded to all our emails very promptly, which was good, but refused point blank to consider that this could be a manufacturing fault. Apparently, uniquely, this product never has manufacturing problems !
Finally they offered & sent a repair kit (which was actually an Intex pool repair kit). Surprisingly, this was successful.
However, in the last few days another leak has sprung in a similar place (ie on a "weld point"). This has also been repaired OK.

I fully expect more leaks for occur because I believe that there has been a fault in manufacture. The bed has been used by small people & has had careful use. The supplier has responded promptly but has been intransigent regarding the fact that this item is faulty.
Had I written a review in the first couple of weeks I would have given five stars but due to these problems it is down to two.

UPDATE 11 Aug 2012 - Third leak has developed in similar place (all have been at the foot of the bed, on the top). Repair Kit has worked again but fully expect further leaks to occur. Have asked supplier for a replacement as it seems clear that this bed is faulty.

UPDATE 25 Oct 2012 - Fourth leak developed again in similar place & again repair kit worked but it is now very apparent that this is a manufacturing fault. I have photographed the four repairs which clearly shows the pattern of failures and one can predict where the next fault will occur. On sending photos to the supplier, Outdoor Leisure Direct, they have curiously stopped replying to my emails (via Amazon). Previously they replied by return but seemingly faced with evidence of a manufacturing fault they are refusing to respond to my last four emails over the past 4 or 5 weeks. All we want is a replacement since these beds are really good & I am assuming that we just got a rogue one.

UPDATE: 2 Nov 2012 - Took this up with Amazon who really didn't want to know since it was over 30 days old. However they suggested that I contact the manufacturer, Intex, and provided a UK phone number. However, it turns out that the number was for Intex Finance & they apparently get several calls a week from Amazon customers. They say they contacted Amazon to tell of the error but Amazon keep giving out the wrong number. Anyway I swent back to Amazon and then they sent an email (from my account) asking Outdoor Leisure Direct to give me the number for Intex. They've done that now but, no prizes for guessing, this too is the wrong number.
I'm doubtful that Intex will be prepared to help even if I ever get to talk to them, but it is very poor that I keep being given the wrong number

UPDATE: 5 Dec 2012 - Finally spoke to Intex who advised that they only offer a 3 month warranty. However they said that since it is an electrical item (built in pump) then the supplier (Outdoor Leisure Direct) should provide a statutory 12 month warranty. Needless to say that despite repeated emails and phone call they are refusing to reply to me. Amazon themselves have phoned Outdoor Leisure Direct who have promised them that they will phone me but they have not. Amazon have proved sympathetic but ineffective.
I am now giving up. Will not buy from Amazon Marketplace suppliers again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not too impressed, 26 April 2012
I gave a good review in the first place, but after a few uses the bed broke and I had to get another one... There wasn't anything on the floor that may have caused that as we always hoovered the floor before setting it up. So for me it wasn't great value for money.

1.0 out of 5 stars ***DO NOT BUY*** - FAULTY ITEM - AMAZON ONLY HAVE 30 DAY RETURN POLICY AND INTEX DON'T HAVE UK OFFICES, 22 April 2014
We purchased this item in June 2013 and we were more than happy with the comfort and ease of use for the two occasions we used it in June and July.
It was then packed away until March 2014........... We inflated the bed to be greeted with one side of the bed looking like a big egg, the internal baffles/seals had clearly become faulty and this caused a big bulge along one side of the bed. The bed has lost its shape and is useless.

I looked into returning the item and had the joy of Amazon accepting no responsibility (30 day return policy) even though I bought it because it said "Sold By Amazon".

The manufacturer Intex have no sales offices in the UK: [...]

I tried to contact them through the customer contact form online but every time I filled in the form it says "Select A Product" before I can submit the email request, I have selected a product.....ahhhhhh.

Anyway long story short, Intex create inferior camping beds that are not fit for human use.........used twice and faulty.

Not viable to pay for postage to return the item to the nearest Intex office in France.

Amazon should be ashamed happily selling products that have an unrealistic returns policy.

I'll be sticking to local shops for purchasing heavy items that don't have UK offices from now on.

2.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, 12 April 2012
After 2 used the airbed was broke and was loosing air after 2 hours so you have to pump ot up 3 times during the night. That is very poor for such an expensive airbed. Also the seller was very rude and would not help with collection of their faulty item even though I told them my Son is serious ill in hospital and I don't have time to go to the post office.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy it, 31 Mar 2012
The delivery on this item was excellent, goods as described and very comfortable, however its been used on 3 occassions since late February and now it leaks a lot of air everytime its used. Please take my advice and DO NOT BUY this item!!
I have contacted the seller and have not yet received any never mind a satisfactory conclusion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time!, 13 July 2012
The product didn't work and the company's service was terrible!
I was looking to buy a good quality airbed and at the time I placed my order this product had only excellent reviews. The company also had very good review with regards to its postage and handling. The latter being especially important given that I was placing the order from outside of the UK. The delivery was within the company's stated time frame, the package was fine everything seemed to be in good order. To make a long story short the electric pump worked for less than a minute and then just stopped and it never started up again. I informed the company that the product was defective and they said go ahead and send it back. They didn't mention any restrictions or upper limits to the cost of the return postage (as most other companies DO), other than the package had to be returned by FIRST CLASS standard surface mail this exactly what I did. The cost, however, for the return of an 11kg package from the EU country from which I was sending the product cost EUR 68. The company refused to reimburse this amount insisting that I used more expensive postage methods. I provided the company with copies of the postage receipts and contacted them repeatedly. Unfortunately, I kept getting THE RUN AROUND by this company. I have been waiting for over 2 months for a "supervisor" to contact me.
Given the fact that the product was defective it was the company's obligation to solve the problem without allowing me to be charged the return costs. I did not return the item because I didn't like it or any other subjective reason. I returned the item simply because it did not work.
If the company had informed me from the beginning that they would not cover such postage costs I would have kept the defective product and I would have bought a cheap foot pump from a local shop and inflated the airbed. It would have cost a lot less! If a company cannot handle international orders properly them they should settle for selling only domestically! Huge waste of time!