Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£19.64

on 26 October 2012
I wish I'd seen this book before I bought any other Polish cookbook....... I would not have needed to buy any other.

My husband's father was Polish. We visited family there a couple of years ago and we were amazed at the fantastic food we were given everywhere. Subsequent visits have confirmed that opinion - and more. I wonder why people like Jamie Oliver don't "do" Poland. I wanted to cook the food I'd eaten there, and make recipes that remind my husband of his childhood and heritage - as well as my children who've newly discovered their Polish heritage. This book ticks all the boxes that others have not.

This book is encyclopaedic - any Polish recipe you could wish to cook must be here, I should think. There's even sections on preserving (even how to build your own smokehouse!), sausage making, cheese making, flavoured vodka........I could go on. I was amazed at the contents. I also bought their Polish Holiday cookbook as a companion, and that's great too.

So far, every recipe I've tried has been excellent. I can only think that the authors have tried every one (this doesn't always seem to be the case in some cookbooks!).

There are very few photos in this book, so at first it might seem quite "dry" but don't let that put you off. There are diagrams when needed. This book might not be a feast for the eye, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a feast for the kitchen!

Excellent!!
on 20 March 2009
A great book. I am now learning to cook the food my grandma once made for me.
on 12 March 2015
Great book with a big number of recipes to choose from so everybody should find something for themselves.