Big Bad Mama is the archetypal Roger Corman 70s b-movie, with the monsters and sci-fi of the 50s and 60s replaced by plentiful low-budget action, tongue-in-cheek humor and mandatory nudity from almost every actress in the cast in a fast-moving Depression-era backroads gangster flick. Angie Dickinson is the Ma Barker figure tryin' to do right by her two gals, stumbling her way from bootlegging to armed robbery to kidnapping with the aid of Tom Skerritt's bank robber and William Shatner's Southern conman (unfortunately the mandatory nudity rule also applies to him, though we are spared the sight of the captain's log). While not as smart as John Sayles' and Jonathan Demme's Corman flicks there are occasional nods to history - not least the resistance of hypocritical establishment figures and the Big Rich to the New Deal, leaving the poor to fend for themselves as best they can - and some mildly anarchic sight gags (watch out for the cripple `healed' by William O'Connell's phoney preacher) but mostly this has few aspirations beyond throwing in as many shootouts, car chases and nude scenes from Ms Dickinson as it can in its 83-minute running time.

Unlike the US DVD, which includes an audio commentary by Corman and Dickinson, there are no real extras on the UK DVD - just a handful of trailers for straight-to-video films like Carnosaur and Ankle Biters.
I remember seeing this film when I was about ten, some 33 years ago! *gulps*

When I saw it on here I had to buy it! I've since seen a few Corman movies and so now know there's plenty of nudity and just general madness going on! Right up my street then :)

It's about Angie Dickinson (who is bloody gorgeous in this) just trying to get by and provide for her girls by whatever means possible. Her girls are just as bad as her of course and there's much bawdyness along the way.

Not an amazing movie but a good little film which brought memories (or should I say mammories!) flooding back for myself! :)

I'll get me coat. . . .
on 31 October 2009
top 1970`s crime caper of the 1930`s,funny,sexy,lot`s of action,and nude scene`s as is the norm for 70`s films,go buy for a good 80mins entertainment,far better than lots of modern films on the same subject
on 7 July 2012
I became aware of this film only recently after buying the 1970's tv boxset of Police Woman. I was also not aware that William Shatner (Star Trek original capatain) was in this too! The film is an odd western slapstick with some portrayal of her characterers teenage girls that wouldn't be filmed these days; but generally harmless fun, ok ish and different
on 24 August 2010
This is an above average b-movie, the acting, the camera work, the jokes, the car chases and a full quota of quality nude scenes make this watchable right to the end. Sure, you might call it a Bonnie And Clyde rip-off with a twist but I'd rather watch this than Johhny Depp's Public Enemies any day of the week.
on 7 April 2012
I was a young man when this came out and never actually saw it in the flicks so when it turned up on dvd i seized the chance to view it.I was not disapointed and would recommend any of Angies fans to purchase this dvd.
on 18 July 2015
A curiosity - no other reason to buy it.
on 29 October 2015
delivery times and product excellent
on 24 May 2011
This film shows its age but it is still amusing - not funny or dramatic. The story line is old but it does pass a few pleasant hours. For the cost of the DVD it was worth the investment.
on 1 June 2016