Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 8 July 2015
I was worried about this album, when I saw the song titles: "Raised On Rock", "Spirit of Rock", "Rock Zone"... This could indeed by a serious signal of extreme lack of imagination in the lyrics department, a lack of imagination that could be transferred to the music itself...

Fortunately, that was not the case. The music is strong (with a lot of outsiders writers credited, to my surprise-mainly the producers), production crystal clear and punchy, Matthias Jabs solos are some of the best and strategically placed. And the final song ("The Best Is Yet To Come") is a blast. If this is indeed their farewell album (who knows), it was a perfect song to end it all.

Also, I thought the album is much. much better than "HUMAN MIND".

I wish good health and long lives for Meine, Schenker, Jabs and everybody involved with thi8s great band along the years.

P.S. It's a shame that Rudolf's brilliant brother, Michael, never had the same level-headness to administer a band...
on 29 March 2010
I don't know where to start with this review. First I want to say that I can't believe a band this awesome will not be making any other albums after this. I just couldn't believe it when I read about it. Bands like Scorpions need to be around and make true rock music! We need this more than ever!! It's so heartbreaking to know this. I really hope they will change their minds and continue on.

Also, I have to say that I really love the album cover, it's so creative!

Now on to the review. I won't review every song but one main point that needs to be mentioned first is the guest appearance of the Finnish symphonic metal singer Tarja Turunen (Nightwish), in the song "The Good Die Young." When I first read she was featured on this song, before I even heard the album, you have no idea how excited I got and I downloaded that song immediately before buying the entire album. I even got a radio edit version, it's such an amazing and beautiful ballad that has such incredible musicianship. I only wish Tarja sang lyrics but to just hear her vocalizing in the background is so awesome!! I love how Tarja is working with artists like Doro Pesch and Scorpions lately, whom of all I love! The other ballads are amazing as well, like "Lorelei" and "Sly."

The rockers are so amazing as well! "No Limit" is probably my favorite rocker on here, it really rocks and it's an awesome song to listen to while driving! I just love this album so much and cannot recommend it enough! It really sounds so 80's and any Scorpions fan should be getting it!! The vocals, the music itself, everything is more than worth the purchase!! Please don't hesitate to buy it!! There's not one song on here that I don't love!
on 15 March 2010
What a way to finish your career. Scorpions really they have to reconsider their decision because here we have a great rock masterpiece. I am sure this album will become a Gold album, no questions asked.
This album features the amazing 80's rock vide and it boroughs a few heavy elements from their previous album (Humanity: Hour I). Anyway here is the album in more detail:

"Raised On Rock": A great catchy rock song and a great opener of this album. For this song Scorpions brought back the sound of the 80's that every one of us loves. Great vocal performances and also check out the guitar solo, it will make you do air guitar. Once this song finishes you will be singing the chorus all day long.

"Sting In The Tail": The title song of the album. Another great rock anthem, with this song you will be "what a blast from the past". An amazing guitar riff opener and the vocals are at a higher pitch when compared to normal Scorpions standard. The bass guitar is one with the drums. This one will make you sing all the time "Hey, hey the sting in the tail".

"Slave Me": This song is slightly heavier that the two previous. It features great lyrics, such as: "When I die I'll go to Heaven, If life is living Hell". Great Scorpions type chorus. This is not as catchy as the other two, but it is still great. This one features the elements of the 80's and the 00's rock. Great combination of the two elements and Scorpions managed to produce a great song.

"The Good Die Young": Here Klaus used throughout the song his dark voice which will give you shivers. Also Scorpions here at this teamed up with Tarja (ex-Nightwish), and she is delivering amazing background vocals. This song features tempo changes from slow to a bit faster and then it drops down again. Amazing band performance and it will be to play this one live. Finally pay attention at the chorus, Klaus is making the song very moving!

"No Limit": This one is the heaviest song of the album. It is as heavy as "321" and "The Cross" found on the previous album (Humanity: Hour I). This one will make you head-bang and it is the best song to get a speeding ticket. Great drumming, matching the guitars amazing guitar solos. Simply this is the definition of "Scorpions".

"Rock Zone" and "Spirit of Rock": Well the titles are doing the talking here. We are taking about rock songs that got raised from the 80's and they both sound fresh as well.

"Lorelei": The first ballad of the album. It features the mixture of classic and electric guitars. This song stands up to songs like "Still Loving You", "When You Came To My Life" and "When The Smoke Is Gone" and it is as good. This one has the typical Scorpions love lyrics. Great song and once again this is the definition of Scorpions ballads.

"Turn You On": Back to the rock anthems, get ready for some air guitar again. This song will make you grab the album "Blackout" and it after this song is done. It is impossible to pick a specific great part. All the musicians are playing their shocks off.

"Sly": The second ballad of the album. This one is very close to the "Still Loving You" song, and it features the same ups and downs as "Still Loving You". Yet again here we have another great ballad. Klaus is making the song very emotional with his voice. This also features love lyrics. Great stuff!

"The Best Is Yet To Come": What a way to close a great rock album. Another ballad done amazingly , Scorpions way! This will become their new ballad anthem when they perform live.
on 16 April 2010
This album is brilliant, the songs are catchy and the ballads are as good as ever. Ive listened to this album about 7 times from start to end since I got it 2 days ago and I'm still not bored.
Raised on Rock - 10/10 this is an amazing opener for an album, great guitar riff which sounds very much like "rock you like a hurricane".
Sting in the tail - 8/10 title track and it sounds great.
Slave me - 8/10 one of the heaviest on the album.
The good die young - 9/10 another brilliant song one of my favourite songs on the album.
No Limit - 7/10 possibly the weakest track on the album but I'm giving it 7 because its still a good song this is the heaviest on the album.
Rock zone - 8/10 catchy song once I'd listened to it a couple of times.
Lorelei - 9/10 brilliant classic scorpions ballad song.
Turn you On - 10/10 absolute brilliant song, I think air guitar if they play this live.
Lets rock! - 8/10 this is really catchy after a few listens.
SLY - 9/10 Classic slow scorpions love song Klaus' voice is great on this.
Spirit of rock - 9/10 you can almost feel the album is coming to an end, a very uplifting song, quite heavy aswell but the lyrics "In the spirit of rock we never die" feels like a message scorpions are trying to put out.
The best is yet to come - 10/10 This is my favourite on the album the last and the end to the scorpions, it has everything, Catchy, great guitar and the best is the lyrics which I think are the best scorpions love lyrics, "through the highs and lows" it seems Scorpions can really put out a great song that can end their career with the best words "The Best Is Yet To Come" and I'm sure their tour is going to be the best.
This whole album deserves an overall 5* because it is Scorpions last and they will be remembered.
on 12 December 2013
A Great Album by The Scorpions one of my favourite Heavy Rock Bands of all time and this album has everything.
Great Riffs, Great Vocals and most of all a Brilliant Rock Album which i cannot stop playing especially the first track "Raised on Rock"
If i could i would give this album 6 stars, Klaus Meine and Rudolf Schenker excel themselves on this album and this has to be up there with all the classic Scorpions Albums.
Absolutely AWESOME!!! from start to finish!!!!
on 15 March 2010

on 15 August 2011
My son is studying guitar at university and is gigging in a couple of bands. I referred this album to him as a lesson in putting a rock album together. Not just rhino stun volume at a full gallop like Airbourne, but some lush ballads too. All the hallmarks of their trade spliced together in an album that sounds so fresh. What a way to finish your career! My children know all the words now and sing along, and even request I play the album. The only other band I recall having this honour before was Nazareth.
on 22 January 2014
I was always a follower of the Scorpions in and around the late seventies to mid eighties but kind of lost touch with their output since then,but was disappointed to read that they had decided to hang their guitars up after 40 years providing us with such memorable rock songs.
Starting with the final album,i'm checking out their previous catalogue of work,but this 'Sting in the tail' album is a stunner.....it rocks from beginning to end.....it never lets up!!!
The Scorpions riffs are much in evidence as are the brilliant guitar solos provided thanks to Matthis Jabs and Rudolf Schenker and Klaus Meine's vocals have not aged at all,they still sound much as they did at the start of his music career.
The gems on this album are the ballads,with the beautiful and haunting 'Sly' and 'The best is yet to come' being my personal favourites.
If the Scorp's are calling it a day,I can't imagine a finer way to bow out on a high.
on 18 July 2010
First of all I can say, that I'm not the biggest Scorpions fan in the globe and actually I bought this record to my wife. Perhaps that is the reason, why I've been so positively surprised. This is more rockin' album, than I've get used to hear from them. In 15 songs, yes there's four slow ones, but remembering back, it was Holiday and Still loving you, which made this band so famous as they are, I think. Like said songs are more rock and perhaps when this seems to be their final record in their career, there's been the pleasure to record all the best songs, what's still been undone/not recorded. It is difficult to say, which is the best (or worst) song in this record, because every single song is great! At least I couldn't find any lousy/filling song(s) from it and I can warmly recommend this one, if you happen to like the band even only a little.
on 14 August 2010
I have been a long-time fan of the Scorps and like most rock bands, they've had their ups and downs.

This album is already my favourite. I've only owned it a few weeks but I keep playing it in the car. There are some really catchy songs here.

Klaus Meine is, in my opinion, the best rock vocalist ever. His voice is stunning on this album, whether it be in one of the superb ballads or one of the hard rockin' tracks.

I won't go through all the tracks individually, but suffice it to say that you won't be disappointed. Until I bought this album, my favourite was 'Blackout'. I rate this as a better album.

I hope that this isn't the last album that the Scorpions record. If it is, they've gone out on a high.

Alastair Bewsher