on 4 September 2013
Easy to use, you don’t have to set it up, just switch on, take cover off probe and plonk it into whatever you want the temperature of and that’s it just what I needed. Used it for green tea at 80 degrees and checking fridge is right temp by putting probe in fridge and the wire is thin enough for the door to close and job done. Would recommend this to anyone who wants the temperature of any liquid with a clear display and simple to use.
on 15 January 2014
For the price it is fine and it seems accurate but be aware that the reading of the temperature is not immediate, you need to allow time for the thermometer to reach the temperature. For the occasional user it is good for if you do a lot of backing or need immediate and accurate reading I would invest in a more expensive one.
on 17 April 2012
An excellent, precise, easy to use and accurate stem thermometer which allows one to precisely control the temperature of liquids being heated on the hob. Very good value.
on 4 September 2013
I wanted to measure the temperature of liquids near 0 degrees C, and this does it, as well as telling me when my bread is baked enough.
on 22 September 2014
For normal household use this is a very good thermometer at a very reasonable price. I'm used to a catering one with almost instantaneous readings, this one is slower to reach temperature but as I wasn't prepared to pay the price of a catering one just for household use this is a very good substitute.
on 16 January 2013
I bought this for my mum for Christmas as she is a keen cook and was experimenting with some things that needed an accurate temperature reading. She has found it very helpful already.
on 6 December 2013
It works and so far as been reliable. Big easy to read screen and a sufficiently long cable. The built in stand is a godsend.
on 17 October 2014
What a bargain! I have now purchased two of these. Takes a way a lot of guess work when cooking and Barbequeing. I also use this to check the ambient temperature when I am cold smoking (must be below 30degs.)
on 3 February 2014
high quality manufacture with a large clear display, this is great for either domestic or light business use requiring an accurate temperature reading (I compared this for accuracy with another unit) recommended buy!
on 25 July 2014
Arrived on time and well packed in a bubble pack. It is well made and the readout is easy to read. It is handy having a place to stow away the unused length of lead. I have checked it against known thermometers and it seems accurate. It takes awhile to reach maximum reading but this is expected from any thermometer. I recommend it.