5.0 out of 5 stars Chunky Monkey!!
This is a great watch.Looks more expensive than it really is,but beware.If you have wrists the circumference of a twigglet,it will either look too big or snap them off!I had to have a couple of links taken out before I could wear it even with the pins taken out and moved along the clasp.Still a great addition to my watch collection though,enjoy!
Published on 3 Oct. 2011 by S. Robinson

3.0 out of 5 stars Cost effective
Reasonably good watch, feels a little too light and there does not seem to be any way of adjusting strap without going into a Casio shop
Published 21 months ago by Mike

5.0 out of 5 stars Chunky Monkey!!, 3 Oct. 2011
S. Robinson (Maidenhead,Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Cost effective beater watch, 14 July 2013
This review is from: Casio Ae-2000Wd-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
Ugly and clunky, but durable and cost effective as a casual beater watch, or for sports and travelling.

Good:
+ 200m water proof.
+ Steel band (good if you sweat a lot). More durable than resin.
+ Band doesn't pinch hair.
+ 5 alarms.
+ 4 preset world times. It is very easy to switch home time between presets. Killer feature if you frequently travel between 4 time zones.
+ Long life battery. 10 years claimed, but I would expect more like 7 years.
+ Cheap.

Bad:
- Ugly as hell. Design may appeal to children of age 7-11 years. Waste of screen estate.
- Bigger than needed. There is a black plastic plate between the LCD and crystal. It is 2-3 mm thick, which is a complete waste. The watch could have been 2 mm thinner.
- Extremely cumbersome to remove links. I've dealt with folded steel links before (Casio and Seiko) but this bracelet was more difficult than any other bracelet I've adjusted. The sleeve surrounding the pin moves out of position together with the pin as you push the pin.
- Steel band was a deciding factor, but the lug and the end link that holds the pin, are both made of plastic. I expect the end link to be the first thing that breaks, perhaps even before the battery dies.

Overall, I am happy with the purchase. I intended to use it while commuting on my bicycle and I will not care to take it off in the shower. It will be exposed to sweat and soap. It will withstand hot and cold, dry and wet weather conditions. This is also the watch I will bring to the beach at summer, and to use at vacations when travelling between multiple time zones.

For the office or outings with friends, I have other watches to wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio Ae-2000Wd-1AVEF, 4 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Casio Ae-2000Wd-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
Great looking watch at a superb price. Easy to adjust Time,Date,ETC. Clear face and completly waterproof. A big plus is the 10 year battery. Overall a Fab buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job, 21 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Casio Ae-2000Wd-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
I bought this watch as I was fed up with my old casio's rubber bracelet breaking all the time. This is a tough looking watch that I think it will last alot longer than my previous one. It has quite a few gimmicks that dont necessarily add much to it, since I really just want to see the time, have a stopwatch and for the watch to be waterproof.

It does this well the only thing that isnt quite as good is the brancelet which is not very flexible as my Tissot pr50. This caused a bit of an headache to get the bracelet size fixed and I had to go back to the watchshop a few times to get this finally sorted. Now that this is fixed I dont think it is much of a concern, the bracelet isnt as good as my tissot but there is obviously a big difference in price.

All in all, it seems to do the job well and it will hopefully last for quite a few years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid watch, 28 July 2012
This review is from: Casio Ae-2000Wd-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
The watch is sturdy in use. But as others have said, unless you have massive wrists, factor in around £10 to have it adjusted to fit. Only certain watch repair/sales locations have the right tool to do this. I had to go to several before it was done.
1 slightly irritating feature, is that it is too easy to change between GMT and BST. Resulting in the time being show incorrectly without you noticing the change.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 2 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Casio Ae-2000Wd-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
Good value for money product. It is just a tiny bit bulkier that expected, however it seems quite sturdy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch at a nice price, 7 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Casio Ae-2000Wd-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
Bought to wear whilst I'm out on my mountain bike so I dont destroy one of my better watches. Does what it says on the tin, nice and light for sports use. Loses a star for needing specialist tool or a shop (for about £10) to add/remove links in the strap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy now, while you still can...., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Casio Ae-2000Wd-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
I bought this to replace my trusty old black Casio watch. I specifically wanted more than the one alarm my old watch has (this has 5 alarms), stopwatch, countdown timer, and I wanted to get away from the black plastic/rubber/resin/whatever straps, which always go stiff and eventually break. This watch does all that. I also like the large clear digital display, especially the date.
As supplied, the metal bracelet on the watch is way too big for anyone who isn't the Hulk so you can either watch a video and take out the links yourself (this is do-able, because I just did it, and I'm *really* not 'good with my hands'), or you can pay a watch shop to do it apparently.
Slim and elegant it ain't. Chunky, and hard to miss. That's what it is. I like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love it, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Casio Ae-2000Wd-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
Casio does know how to make watch. Its precice, beautiful. It has all i need from one watch. Using it every day, it looks on your hand as a high value watch. I recomend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent watch, 18 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Casio Ae-2000Wd-1AVEF Mens Combi Bracelet Watch (Watch)
This watch is solidly built and for the price is just fantastic, and it looks as good in real-life as it does in the Amazon photo. Highly recommended, the only watch I prefer (looks-wise) is a clock-face G-shock at around £150, so for me I went straight for this one. It's built to a much higher standard, and feels tougher, than many of the other new similarly-priced Casios of the same range (I tried a couple of others and they were nowhere near as tough). In my opinion, this is the one to get, but look out for new models released after my review, because they might release something even better in the future.