4.0 out of 5 stars Very yellow gold but great value, 14 July 2010
L. Maclean (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oskar Emil Montrose Gold Crystal Set Ladies Dress Watch (Watch)
I ordered this watch as a summer holiday accessory. I typed 'gold-coloured waterproof watch' into Amazon and this popped up at 76% off so it seemed a 'no-brainer'. Overall, at this price it's a steal. It's a nice weight, quite heavy, and with a few links removed it fits loosely round my wrist and has a pleasing feel. The face is clear and the crystals catch the light nicely. However, it's a very lairy yellow gold - not the soft colour shown in the photo - so i'm hoping that it will fade with use. Also, within the nice presentation box was some bumph explaining that water-resistent to 30m means nothing of the sort but that it can cope with "rain, gentle splash"! Further investigation reveals that this is a common categorisation but one which I feel is extremely misleading to consumers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very dear friend loved it, 3 Jan 2013
I have a very dear friend for whom it is extremely difficult to buy/give presents. Although I have not spoken to her personally as yet she did e-mail me on Boxing Day: " Wonderful present. Thank you so much."

I canassure you that from her this is a very high recommendation.

For myself, it was worth the while to order on line and receive an item with which I was pleased. It is difficult to evaluate purchases on line but in this instance I was not disappointed I liked especially the bracelet and the dial was clear. the watch is extremely good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful watch, 27 Dec 2012
Beautiful watch just what I have always wanted just a very little afternote I will need to remove some links and it would be good if the first 2 were removeable