4.0 out of 5 stars Tricky to set-up
The printer is very good I must say but it took me quite a while to set it up. It isn't that the instructions aren't clear when you find them, most of the problem lay in the fact that the setup CD did not auto run and it took a while to find the setup files I needed. Got it paired with my Livebox after remembering to put it in to pairing mode (it does help!).
Print...
Published on 9 Mar. 2011 by J. Temple

3.0 out of 5 stars HP Officejet 4500 Wireless Review
Purchased the product around Jan 2012
The unit is fairly light in weight, so you need to make sure it is resting on a hard surface otherwise unit will wobble when printing.

Setup was long, but self explanatory, wireless connection took a while, could not pick up the signal a few times, so connected it through USB first then tried Wireless, and it was fine...
Published on 13 April 2012 by penpal21

1.0 out of 5 stars Keeps uninstalling itself. Waste of money, and waste of time!, 23 Nov. 2011
This review is from: HP Officejet 4500 Wireless All-in-One Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, Fax) (Electronics)
I bought this HP all-in-one printer in order to use it with a brand new HP computer. At first, it seemed to work perfectly, but the scan function suddenly stopped working and it appeared that the software had uninstalled itself. I reinstalled it, and everything seemed to be back to normal, until the software uninstalled itself again a few weeks later. I contacted HP's technical support, but they couldn't find a solution. I reinstalled the software and my printer/scanner worked well for a few weeks, until a couple of days ago, when both the printing and scanning functions seemed to have uninstalled themselves. I contacted HP to complain, but they told me that they couldn't do anything about it. I regret buying this model and I would think twice before buying any HP device in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't expecting this kind of quality from HP!, 26 April 2011
I have been a HP consumer since the age of 14 (now 33 and an independent IT analyst) and since then I haven't strayed once from the brand as I have always been more than happy with every HP product that I have bought over the years (and that's a lot!!). It saddens me to say though that this is by far the worst HP product that I have ever purchased!! When it's not jamming the print quality is something to be desired and overall speed is somewhat less than the figures stated in the spec! What I do love is the ADF scanner and for that reason alone I am not returning the product! Very disappointed in this product as an all-in-one offering and would not recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars only bought it for the scanner, 27 Sept. 2011
Amazon Customer (BRADFORD, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Try to buy a scanner as good as this without a printer and you will pay much more so I am very happy with it. I use the printer only rarerly as a back up for my brother laser printer. The quality is good but the ink tends to dryup so I need to do a deep head clean first. Driver / software instalation not too easy but OK. I am on Windows 7. The scanner does not seem to integrate into MS office like my old scanner did into older version of office.

5.0 out of 5 stars WIRELESS ALL IN ONE PRINTER., 4 April 2012
Fabulous piece of kit, all singing all dancing normal HP high quality, so easy to install about 5 minutes breaking previous record by about an hour !!! and the price, what a bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Usual HP good standard, 19 Jan. 2012
David Evans (Holborough UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this HP4500 because I wanted an economical printer. Using the XL cartridges I am very pleased with the results. The standard cartridge runs out far too quickly! The scanner does a very good job and I have scanned to WORD and to PDF files without any problem. It does an EXCELLENT print set on DRAFT, including colour pictures on a simple paper flyer I send to Africa. In fact, both this one and my HP F4280 are excellent for this task. I've had HP printers for a long time now and I find they do what they say on the box. I'm amazed at a few negative reports as these must be unlucky buyers with defective kit. The wireless connection works without a hitch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating and expensive, 8 Dec. 2011
HP is an awful brand. Affordable ink? You must be joking. Frustrating as hell that you can't simply print in black and white when the colours (which I hardly use) run out. Mine has been temperamental, unreliable at all the worst moments - the scanner will go down just as you are on a deadline - and on top of everything is a large and ugly, trashy bit of kit to have in your home office. Never again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless printer, 5 Oct. 2011
This printer (All in one) does exactly as it says on the box, instruction booklet. Installation is simple, however, I did have a problem inserting the ink cartridges so make sure the instructions are read clearly.

4.0 out of 5 stars HP Printer, 9 Mar. 2012
Good all round printer, fax, scanner and copier.
Does all it needs to do and seems quite user friendly.
I had a bit of difficulty with the set up, but I think it was my error.

2.0 out of 5 stars Low quality, 17 Aug. 2012
I am currently on my third of these printers, having returned two already which developed faults (scanner stopped working and then print cartridges got stuck too). The after-sales from HP was good - they sent replacements with no fuss, but I want a reliable printer which just works, not to get on first name terms with after care support people.

In terms of it's functionality, it's generally OK. It prints and scans well and was easy to setup (in Windows 7), but the paper out-tray from the printer is completely inadequate - too flimsy, not big enough and not well designed. So if you are printing a reasonably large document (e.g. 20 pages or more), the pages coming out of the printer will nearly always get stuck against previously printed ones sitting in the tray - then causing paper jams.

I gave it two stars as my experience with HP after sales was good. But the printer has been a real disappointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great printer, 6 Jun. 2012
This is a great printer. I have not had a change to test it's full print qualities, but the pictures, maps, and letters I have printed have all turned out well in good color with no defects. It is easy to set-up and it's wireless capability works great. The automatic document feeder (ADF) is great and very helpful. I highly recommend this printer.