5.0 out of 5 stars Used for a few years and no problems
Published on 19 Mar. 2012 by R Beeching

3.0 out of 5 stars Loud + under powered
Okay, it's got a quality feel and it's probably going to last but bloody hell it's loud!

HMMM! HMMM! HMMM! HMMM! HMMM! HMMM! HMMM! HMMM!

Get what I mean?

Published on 21 Mar. 2013 by MrP

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Used for a few years and no problems, 19 Mar. 2012
We have used the aqua air mini in our goldfish tank for a few years now, and there has never been an issue with it, quiet with only the hint of a hum and no blockages. Yes you need to replace parts on it from time to time like anything and its always best to run an air pump "MOT" once a year, but with all the parts and spares on Amazon we have got everything from one place and cant complain at all, great :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little machine, 15 Jan. 2013
GabeLogan (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought a Tetratec APS50 from my local jollyes shop and I quickly returned it because it was noisy. Ordered this Interpet Aqua Air Mini Pump here on amazon and it got delivered next day... thanks amazon.

I have to say this unit is less noisier than the Tetratec, but it pumps lesser air. It is smaller too. I will just keep this unit and hope it will not break quickly.

The unit comes with an air tubing and an air stone but no airflow control valve, the Tetratec did come with one.

One reviewer on here says he had used the unit for years and also have changed parts. Parts seem to be more than 50% of the unit's price so I think it is better to buy a new unit once this one breaks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Loud + under powered, 21 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Interpet AP1 Aquarium Air Pump with Plug (Misc.)

HMMM! HMMM! HMMM! HMMM! HMMM! HMMM! HMMM! HMMM!

Get what I mean?

Our tank's in the living room and the pump's inside a fully enclosed stand/cabinet and it sits on a piece of deep pile carpet I had lying around and you can still hear it over the TV at normal TV volume.

I think if you had it running in a bedroom you'd struggle to get to sleep.It claims to be able to power up to a six inch air bar one of which I purchased but the bubbles are quite large and there aren't many of them.

I ran it on my Bio-orb tank that has a 1" air stone and it didn't perform any better than the tiny little cheap pump that comes with the bio-orb.

I was given an Interpet airvolution mini and that's a much better pump.

It only runs a one inch air stone in my hospital tank but there are loads of bubbles and the bubbles popping on the surface make about as much noise than the pump does.

Over all I wouldn't recommend it to a friend but it was cheap so it's the old adage of you get what you pay for!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pumps well, little noisy on my wood cabinet, 27 Sept. 2012
We have this linked up to a Fish Pod and an airstone for our 3 goldfish and it does what it says on the 'tin', has been super reliable for a couple of years, done some maint. on it from time to time but otherwise seems to be great. We had iot behind the aquarium on the wooden top but from time to time it would vibrate so have put a thin towel underneath it now instead and thats done the trick.

I am not sure what the other reviewer meant when he said it came with extras though, we got what it said in the description.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not powerful enough!!!, 28 July 2011
This review is from: Interpet AP1 Aquarium Air Pump with Plug (Misc.)
Great pump but the information on the box is false. The AP1 is NOT powerfull enough to power a 12" airstone it will power at the most a 6" stone. I bought it myself especially for a 12" stone and it wasn't until after I dissovered it was no good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fish tank air pump., 9 Jun. 2011
Mr. J. R. Carney "Quasi" (London,- UK) - See all my reviews
Yes cheap very quiet.
One of a few pumps in my possession & one of the best,
very powerful for size and price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value air pump for medium/large tanks, 22 April 2014
This is the larger pump in the interpet series. While the AP1 and AP2 work for small and medium tanks, this is the pump for medium large tanks.

I have two interpet products and would describe them as the Hyundai or Kia of the filter and pump world. Not as nice to drive as a VW or Audi but do the job and reliable mostly. Prices tend to be quite a lot less than prestige brands

To set it up you connect a small piece of air hose to the outlet. Then put in a one way valve (to stop water going back into the pump when its off. Then you put your main length of air hose into the tank and attach it to an air stone or similar device.

This is a powerful pump and can power large airwalls or several air stones easily. However for large/very large tanks its best to use two pumps and two filters. That way you have one on each end of the tank which helps water flow

5.0 out of 5 stars Total Opposite from the other review, 8 Jun. 2012
We have one of these in the office connected to an airstone and into a Fish Pod 64, and has been next to mine and a colleagues desk for over a year with no problems at all, just make sure it doesnt touch the wall or anything then it could vibrate perhaps. Great product from an everyday user

3.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 3 Jan. 2014
foxcylady - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Pumps can be ridiculously expensive and never quite match up to the whisper quiet running they promise.

This pump is no different from most on the market. It buzzes and vibrates and can be very annoying to say the least if you looking for a nice quiet room to rest your head in lol.

Having said that this pump among the many I have purchased is by far one of the best makes on the market especially offers the parts needed to replace the diaphragm etc to keep this running long term. If your looking for good price, efficient pump and easy to replace parts this is well worth purchase

1.0 out of 5 stars Interpet AP2, 13 Nov. 2012
N. Painter - See all my reviews
One year guarantee only, speaks volumes.Using bubble wall and twelve inch airstones will not lessen the noise, so you will have to put up with it, if it lasts. States British state of the art development but materials are poor. Inside the plastic body, that holds the screw supporting the diaphragm unit, disintegrated after 18 months. Disposed of and have a spare Interpet diaphragm kit but no pump.Built to a price, so please be aware.Have two Interpet filters but do not expect them, after this, to see six years and still going, like my French Rena Filstar i3 and 200 air pump.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›