5.0 out of 5 stars It works!!!!
Hassle and odour free wasp deterant. I HATE the little blighters - now they don't show any interest in my house. REEEEESULT.
Published on 22 July 2010 by margole

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money
Published on 2 Aug 2010 by Sean

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!!!!, 22 July 2010
margole (Inverness Scotland) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product ! Humane and effective., 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
Despite the comments from the naysayers ( and possible trolls ) I found this product to do exactly what it said on the ad. I bought a twin pack on the basis that it was only a tenner and so was not an expensive risk.. and two might work twice as well as one. To date the second product is still languishing in it's packaging since I have had no need for it. The open and newly well stuffed product has been hanging in a nearby tree and in 3 weeks of eating meals and drinking wine in the garden I have had just one wasp attempt a go at my well chilled Pinot Grigio ! I can only make the assumptions that for those who found the product to be less than successful, either positioned it poorly or did not pad it out sufficiently to make it look like a large enough rival nest....It works for me and I am delighted. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars They worked for us, 21 Sep 2010
John Green (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
My wife's phobia is wasps, so wasps in the garden spoil our enjoyment of it. We suffered from wasps every year, particulary in early spring and late autumn, until two years ago when we bought two waspinators which have hung prominently in the garden from spring to autumn. In these last two years we have hardly seen a wasp, whereas friends living locally have commented on how prevalent they have been in their gardens.

We are convinced that the waspinators are effective in deterring wasps. Perhaps the reviewers who have not found them effective have not had them positioned appropriately or have not had enough to effectively cover the area concerned. Perhaps we have just been lucky in finding appropriate positions right away - we have hung them from prominent branches on a tree and bush at opposite sides of the (square) garden.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 2 Aug 2010
This review is from: Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
We bought this item last Summer (we've now had it for a year). Last year we saw no reduction in the number of wasps in the area around the waspinator and we put this down to the fact it might need time to establish itself. This year we have seen more wasps than last year, they even fly around the waspinator! We have set it up exactly as per instructions, regarding stuffing it correctly and placing it at the right height. I see one of the reviewers said (in May) that it worked. Yes, that's because there are few, if any wasps in May!!!!). It's now August and I've had to resort back to fly swats and wasp traps. We are nowhere near open litter bins or fruit trees so there are no attractants around. It would be great if it worked, I want it to work, but in my experience it doesn't.

By the way, it says it's well researched. I am a scientist and I reviewed their research - it doesn't say that it gets rid of wasps, it claims that it "reduces" the frequency of wasps after a period of time (days not hours or minutes).

4.0 out of 5 stars It seems to work !, 27 Sep 2010
Mrs. Abm Fisher "Grandmama" (Devon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
I bought 2 waspinators as wasps have been a problem in the past and 2010 is supposed to be an epidemic year for them owing to weather conditions.
I have had only one wasp, so it does seem to work.
I would have designed it differently though in that I would have used the draw cord at the bottom the other way round to suspend it so the stuffing could not come out. It would make it simpler.
I have stuffed mine with old bubble wrap which comes with so many parcels these days.
I like it as it is cruelty free and uses no damaging chemicals.
I have recommended it to several people.
ONLY PROBLEM WAS THAT THE FABRIC PERISHED AFTER ONE SEASON ... SO NOT VERY DURABLE !!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 19 Aug 2010
This review is from: Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
Quite simply this product does not work!
I bought the twin pack in preparation for my sons 3rd birthday party.
filled one with old towels etc.(as per other reviews suggested)and the other with balloons (as per instructions) after about a week from putting these things into position, no wasps were to be seen. 'Success!' we shouted, however, on the actual day of the party 13 small children arrived and 5 got stung! the wasps were everywhere. I have struggled to give this product even one star. Its utter rubbish.

2.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea, but poor quality wont last long., 29 July 2013
This review is from: Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
Bought this as my eldest is scared of wasps and so far I havent seen 1 wasp in my garden which is fantastic! Sadly the material that these are made of is so thin both have fallen down and torn, I have patched them up as best I can but dont know if they will last into september when wasps are most likely to sting.
Very disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, although not very robust, 18 Jun 2013
This review is from: Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
This product does appear to work, and this pack is good value, but it is difficult to find something to fill it with which doesn't deflate fairly quickly. And the tags which hold the Waspinator to the tree seem to get torn off in a strong wind (we live in the South West).

3.0 out of 5 stars waspinator, 11 Sep 2011
This review is from: Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
Well made with good instructions.I hung them up where the wasps were a problem,but they only seemed to give a wasp free zone of about two metres.Rather disappointing as I am alergic to wasps.A sting is a 999 emergency and I hoped for more protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes - it does work, 24 Sep 2011
This review is from: Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack
You have to be a little skeptical about hanging up a fake looking wasp nest shape made of grey cloth material and thinking it is going to work - but judging by results, the waspinator does seem to keep the strippy, stinging beasties away. I used them in my plum trees and managed to harvest the entire crop without the wasps eating them before I could pick them - which has generally happened in earlier years.

Waspinator - Wasp Deterrant - Twin Pack