5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, but....
Published on 17 Mar 2010 by McGoogly

1.0 out of 5 stars Pod on the small side
Published on 2 May 2010 by Andrea Bluett

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, but...., 17 Mar 2010
I ordered the Gelert sleeping pod for myself. The pod is a lovely raspberry pink colour and the fabric is incredibly soft and cosy and will clearly be quite warm. I have yet to use it camping but I have no reason to doubt that it will do the job from a warmth point of view. It is also much wider than a normal sleeping bag and you really can turn round in it without getting tangled up. The only downside is this - I am only 5'4" tall but it wasn't long enough for me. I bought the same bag (only not in pink!) for my husband (who is 5'10" tall) and he also found it to be too short. Both pods are now being used by our children (aged 8 & 10 years) and they are perfect for them. I had originally bought the junior pods for the children but had to return them because they were also too short! My husband and I are now using the XL size (and we're not that big!!) and they are perfect. So, a great product but just be aware that you may need to order the bigger size unless you are very short.

4.0 out of 5 stars great design, 17 Sep 2011
This is a very comfortable bag to sleep in - not restrictive like the mummy type and you don't end up sleeping on the zip if you move around in it! Having the stuff bag as part of the bag is also very useful. The zip doesnt jam like a lot of bags. Not adequate in very cold weather but then it only claims to be a 2/3 season. The only problem is the length - if you are anything over 5'8" it will be too short to stretch out in - buy the XL in this case.

1.0 out of 5 stars Pod on the small side, 2 May 2010
Andrea Bluett - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Sleeping Pod (Sports)
This product looks great but be aware that it rather small. The 200cm length includes the hood section at the top! We bought the standard adult size for our 11 year old son (who is average height for 11) and it only just comes up to his chin. It is way to small for me and I am 5ft 5 inches. If you want to move around try a standard envelope style sleeping bag. These pods look great, but best suited to small people!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sleeping pod., 4 July 2010
Mrs. Helen M. Fuller "Tobyandjed" (Isles of Scilly) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gelert Sleeping Pod (Sports)
This sleeping bag is ok but a bit short for me and I'm 5ft 7", also the lining is a bit shiny and makes you sweaty during the night. Nice and wide but not much room for the feet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Roomy but..., 13 Jun 2011
This review is from: Gelert Sleeping Pod (Sports)
I am a fairly short person, but I was still a little scared when I read all the reviews about how short this pod is, I found it just about fine for me, and i'm five foot two. I also found it light and easy enough to carry to my campsite for a festival. only downside is its so hard to warm up if its a cold night because of how roomy it is, its very hard to warm up the whole thing so if you do like to move around a night you will most likely move into a cold patch that wakes you back up :(

1.0 out of 5 stars far too small, 8 Sep 2011
Niccolo65 (Aberdeenshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Adult size? You must be joking. There's no way a grown man can lie straight out in this bag and pull the collar nice and snug around the shoulders. All very good if you curl up on your side, but lying on your back - no way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, 13 July 2010
This review is from: Gelert Sleeping Pod (Sports)
Comfortable roomy sleeping bag. As a sufferer of sciatica I need to change position often. This allows room to move but still cosy. love it.
Sparks

4.0 out of 5 stars More fun than the Xbox, 11 Jan 2011
This review is from: Gelert Sleeping Pod (Sports)
I bought sleeping pods for my two small grandchildren. I thought I had ordered the children's version, but hadn't, and adult sized pods arrived.
The grandchildren thought these were wonderful, climbed inside and spent hours playing in them!
They now also cuddle inside them when watching tv and when feeling a bit poorly, which this winter has been quite often.
Several adult friends have seen them and think they would be so much better than the restrictive 'mummy' type bags most people have.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gelert Sleeping Pod, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Gelert Sleeping Pod (Sports)
I brought this product to use for camping throughout the year. When it arrived I was suprised at how thin the sleeping bag was because it had been advertised as 3 season, but when I used it over a particularly cold october weekend I discovered that it was able to contain heat quite well, but I did get cold and had to put on extra jumpers, yet once I was warm enough I never got really cold again. I wouldn't recomend this product for outdoors winter use because it is a thin sleeping bag and should probably be used with a sleeping bag liner. Although having extra room to move is very useful and I found the pod very comfy; it feels just like sleeping in a duvet. One of my only critisms is that the pod is not that long, Im 5"8' and it was just long enough. I hope this helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Party Pad, 27 Jun 2012
This review is from: Gelert Sleeping Pod (Sports)
When i first saw the sleeping pod online i thought wow that is cooool! After reading reviews on it, it seemed to be alright but many believed there was not enough room to lay straight, i am 5'7 and i thought it was great! You could have a party in that thing!! Perfect for titp next week, thank you!

Gelert Sleeping Pod