5.0 out of 5 stars fit for purpose, 25 Feb 2011
W. Stewart "Ambi Dexter" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Satgear Sky/Freesat Zone 2 60cm HD Satellite Dish Kit with Brackets, Quad LNB and 10m Twin Cable (Accessory)
Arrived well packed and very quickly.
Instructions clear and concise.
Quality made assembly easy - everything fitted as it should.
Make sure the cable length supplied is sufficient for your installation, ours was - just!
Set up was simply a case of taking the digi-box and a small tv onto the roof for fine tuning after having pointed the dish in roughly the same direction as the neighbour's.
Works well, and so far is 'fit and forget'.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Piece of Kit, 31 Dec 2010
N. Print (UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent value for money and reasonably easy to put together. Very sturdy bracket. The cable that it comes with is the cheap stuff that I've read poor reviews of but for 10m of cable there is no loss of quality. I think the bigger dish gives you a better signal to begin with and even if you had the 20m cable option it would work out cheaper and just as good as buying a small dish and the fancy cable as cable costs are quite high.
I didn't bother buying a signal meter or anything, just connected up to my Humax and used the information about signal strength that it shows you and in a few minutes I'd got a great signal and can now watch all the Freesat channels in perfect quality. Haven't noticed any deterioration in picture when it rains hard or snows which I've heard can have some affect on the small dishes.
It's a cheaper option for digital than the cost of getting a better tv ariel installed and is accessible assuming you put it on a side wall rather than on a roof for any maintenance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Did I choose the right one?, 24 Oct 2011
Stephen Newell (Lake District, England) - See all my reviews
As with most things these days, too much choice! So I chose a middle range dish with good reviews and hoped for the best.
Living in the Lake District (Big mountains in the way) I went for the Zone 2 as it sounded like it was better for remote areas like Scotland
so I took a chance.
As usual good delivery very quick, and well packed.
I did buy a sat finder as well, and a roll of self amalgamating tape on advice of a review. GOOD MOVE!

After the usual dodgy ladder climb to the chimney the fitting was fairly straight forward once I found a sharp masonry drill.
Fitting the plugs was a bit of a guess as to how much centre core you need to leave sticking out (about quarter of a inch does it ok or 8mm for anyone under 45)

With the use of a handy 13 year old in the room and me on the chimney we managed after about 20 minutes to locate a good signal and hey presto freesat!

If your half ok on DIY and have a head for heights plus a handy 13 year old about your person then give it a try as it's a lot cheaper than getting a man in.

Only down side no Dave on Freesat. Good luck.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 27 Aug 2012
S. C. Taylor (Cambridgeshire UK) - See all my reviews
My daughter came back to live at home, and the stuff now filling the garage included a satellite receiver. This dish kit is comprehensive and supplied with an excellent set up manual, so we can now get Freesat at minimal cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy Complete Satellitte Kit - Recommended for Zone 1 as well, 27 Feb 2012
Steve Mayne (Waterlooville, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this kit to replace a Zone one Satellite kit/single LNB.

The Zone 1 dish worked fine but during heavy rain or adverse weather conditions the picture on FreeSat would breakup.

Replacement was straight-forward. The existing dish unbolted from the wall and the new plate for the new kit bolted straight in place. The old satellite cable was removed from the hole in the wall and the new 'shotgun' cable (it's two cables in one) fed through the existing hole.

Alignment was dead easy using a Satellite Meter that I purchased separately.

Took me a few hours to on a Sunday afternoon - signal strength is up from approx 48% to 96% - money well spent and would buy again.

One things of note - after ordering, the box kit arrived just 22 hours later - amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 6 Dec 2011
Tony (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
Having problems when viewing FreeSat on rainy days decided to invest in a larger dish. This one came at a very good price and provided all needed to mount, connect and use. Excellent value. Usual Satgear quality and delivery. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Satellite dish, 7 Feb 2011
David Sanders (UK) - See all my reviews
Very good kit, complete package. I was puzzled as to why the cable from dish to receiver was twin core - it is there just in case you want to access other satellites. But good firm fixings supplied and it works well in the north east of England just 8 miles from the Scottish border.

5.0 out of 5 stars SKY SAT DISH 60cm, 14 Jun 2012
Mr. R. S. Anderson "bookworm" (bucks england) - See all my reviews
I receive this product well in advance of the stated delivery date. It was well packaged with
very easy to follow instructions. i did not need the wall bracket provided as I used my own
original. Due to the large size it did wobbly a bit in strong wind, but I cured that with a
stabilising arm attached from the side of the dish to the wall. I now receive excellent sky programmes.
A very good purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dish and fixings fine, Cable is not up to scratch, 12 Jun 2012
Quality Dish and easy DIY fix as long as you are happy to work up a ladder.

Cable is cheap thin stuff and generally recommended for only very short runs, I purchased better quality cable separately and have been very happy with result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 28 Sep 2013
All parts needed for the installation included. Good instructions and went together easily.
The cable supplied just reached, make sure you have connectors for the receiver end as only four are supplied, luckily I only have two outputs connected so far.
I used a satellite finder to set the position, quite easy.
I used a zone 2 dish as I'm in the far southwest of England, and my neighbour's smaller dish gets some interference in heavy rain, so far this one seems unaffected.