5.0 out of 5 stars 110% better at everything, 8 May 2014
This review is from: 60w Bc Gls Pearl Bulb, Pack Of 10 (Kitchen & Home)
This light bulb incorporates a key feature that I miss from our current eco-friendly bulbs, the ability to give out light.

I don't know which chumps came up with the equivalent value for energy saving bulbs, but writing 'equivalent to 60W' when compared to a genuine 60W bulb is like painting your Smart Car red, then writing 'Equivalent to Ferrari' on the side of it.

In a world where the US still drive around cars that do 10 to the gallon and England to Ireland by plane can be had for less than 30, forgive me when I stick two well chosen fingers up to the face of change and continue to buy my eco-unfriendly lightbulbs for 'Industrial Use'.

5 stars Edison, we salute you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old fashioned warm bulbs, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: 60w Bc Gls Pearl Bulb, Pack Of 10 (Kitchen & Home)
Bought these for hall and landing as they come on immediately and give a lovely warm light. Bulbs received were rough use version.

5.0 out of 5 stars 60watt Bulbs., 2 July 2014
This review is from: 60w Bc Gls Pearl Bulb, Pack Of 10 (Kitchen & Home)
Not much to say about a packet of light bulbs except that now I can see where I'm going, so glad I found real bulbs as I am fed up with economy ones, what good are they when the light takes so long to brighten and by the time it does you have toppled down the stairs and broke your neck. I'm all for saving the planet but saving myself comes first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nofine, 19 Jun 2014
This review is from: 60w Bc Gls Pearl Bulb, Pack Of 10 (Kitchen & Home)
I have only recently received these bulbs, have used only a couple, but so far I am very happy with my purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Bulbs galore, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: 60w Bc Gls Pearl Bulb, Pack Of 10 (Kitchen & Home)
I am moving soon as just buying a new bungalow. Have bought new light fitting and thought had better get some new bulbs and spares. These are a bargain and couldn't believe the price. Would buy again

5.0 out of 5 stars Useless (and pointless) politicians aren't half as bright as these bulbs!, 16 April 2014
J. Harrison "The Maverick" (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 60w Bc Gls Pearl Bulb, Pack Of 10 (Kitchen & Home)
I bought these bulbs because they've been tried and tested over decades of use. They are an 'instant-on' light and with the pearl coating give that familiar soft warm glow we are all used to. At around 44p per bulb they are also a bargain, especially as the new eco bulbs are ten, twenty or even more times the price and they DON'T last as long as they claim. They also give out an inferior light and, of course, some of them contain mercury because they are mini-fluourescent tubes. I also bought them to stick two fingers up to the EU dik-tat that says we shouldn't use them.
I can't yet comment on the service life but, from experience, I've high hopes they will collectively give years of service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 22 July 2014
all were good thank you

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy. Speedy delivery, 2 July 2014
Maisie D (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 60w Bc Gls Pearl Bulb, Pack Of 10 (Kitchen & Home)
Excellent buy. Speedy delivery. Great bulbs. How I hate these Halogen ones! Thank God we still have sellers of these great bulbs.

60w Bc Gls Pearl Bulb, Pack Of 10