5.0 out of 5 stars Tough timepiece that will take the knocks
I've never really been into watches made by the fashion industry - I'm not saying they're poorly made, but at the end of the day, they're watches that have been made by someone else, and simply badged with that particular brand name. But with Casio you know that they know a thing or two about watches. They don't dabble in making boxer shorts or pillowcase covers or the...
Published on 12 April 2010 by Norman Cheeseworthy

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks aren't everything.
Found myself quite sold on the racing dial design, which looks very smart, but having worn the watch for a couple of days I've found that the complex arrangement of dials and LCD displays are little more than window dressing, with less than intuitive viewing of the primary purpose of the watch - to tell the time.

The two tone coloured analogue hands aren't...
Published 12 months ago by WillGAtkinson

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Mens Combi G-Shock Watch (GA-100-1A4ER), 31 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Casio Ga-100-1A4Er Men's Combi Watch with G-Shock Resin Strap (Watch)
Firstly ive always liked the look of a G-shock watch & after abit of research on various models (prices/features), i decided on this one. Now what colour shall i have it in? well i eventually decided on the black/red (tho the white/grey looks pretty nice too).
Arrived in a chunky tin case with foam inserts/user manual/warranty card, approx 45pages of simple step by step instructions on how to set-up your watch, within 30mins the watch was on my wrist & looked great.

Having owned the watch for just over a week & only wearing it during the day, the strap still feels comfy, digital displays are easy to read, their has been an occasion where i couldnt see the hour hand in low light conditions (should of made it silver like the minute hand-hence 4 stars), the face illumination is better than i thought despite other reviews, & i have no intention in testing out its water resistance other than getting caught out in the rain.

Overall a sporty/upbeat looking watch, that feels solid enough to take a few knocks, it could get uncomfy under a sleeve after a while? but for the feel good factor - super pleased.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin but with some drawbacks, 27 Feb. 2011
H. Outeiral (uk) - See all my reviews
It has been a couple of months now and so far the watch has not let me down.
The strap has turned out to be super comfy despite the hard plastic feel and like most cassio watches, scrolling through different functions is nice and easy with the big chunky buttons.
All the above said, there are a couple of features that let the watch down. The first one is the hour needle colour, which in low light settings is proving hard to read when looking at the watch face at an angle. Between the glare and the red you have to tilt the watch to read it accurately. Grudge number two concerns the yellow LED lighting. It works great when you try to find the keyhole in your door at night but again yellow orange light doesn't show the red hour needle all the well.
This has been mentioned before by other buyers and I can totally relate to what they were saying.
In sort, almost decent value for money and it looks super nice on the wrist but don't rely on it for quick time checks at night or in low light conditions

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 Nov. 2012
Snow*Cloud (New Forest, UK) - See all my reviews
I wanted a GShock for a while and with such a range, took some time to decide which one. Was a little unsure about whether the size of the watch would make it uncomfortable, but I find no problem with it in that department and it looks great on the wrist. The red hand is a little tricky to see in some light, but it suits the design of the watch - and if you don't like that you can buy the same design with different coloured hands. It's not hard to work out the controls either, it's pretty intuitive once you have worked out the basics and the instructions are good. I would recommend this watch to anyone and although it hasn't really been tested outdoors so far, it really feels like it could cope with all environments.

5.0 out of 5 stars g shock, 15 Sept. 2010
M. Flynn "flynnshell" (uk) - See all my reviews
This watch is great looks good on the wrist.Has plenty of function to keep anybody happy. The delivery was fast arriving before the due date and the price beat the high street by
at least £20.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Watch But...., 6 July 2013
Mr. Donald E. Jenks "bookworm" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I love this watch and have just come back from a week of water sports and outdoor activities and it survived better than I did! Couple of issues as have been mentioned previously, the light is useless and doesn't help see the time at night, the red hour hand is invisible to the light when used. While there are luminous marks for each hour there is nothing on the hands which makes them pointless and again there is no way to see the time in the dark unless you use a torch. The plastic strap doesn't like insect repellant spray and mine now has a mottled effect.
On the plus side it is good looking and takes knocks well. Worth the £42 I paid with the discount available but I wouldn't pay the full retain.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than enough, 22 April 2014
I brought this watch for my 12 year old son for his 13th birthday, He loves it. It looks the part and plays the part. Although my son complains that the light is pretty useless, he says he can only see it in the dark because it sometimes reflects in to the clocks hands, other wise it's brilliant in fair lighting conditions or above.With all the features it includes, you may wonder what the cost is; the battery has an aprox 2 year life span and what's more is that the warranty provided expires after 2 years, therefore you'd have to replace it by a third party. Above all, for what you get, for the price it's being sold for: get it now, it makes an extraordinary gift for anybody who is able to wear it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Workhorse, 26 Feb. 2012
I bought this online having tried it on the high street and saved over £40 in the process. Came brand new in the original package with the guarantee card stamped by the shop. First class service. I had asked in the high street if they could match the online price and I would buy it there and then. They said no and do I bought it infront of them on my phone.

The features of the watch are fantastic. It's looks really good
And I wear it as my everyday watch for work.

My only criticism, and I know I am being picky, is that the watch is black with red trim. However the led used for night viewing is yellow. If this had been red too it would have made the watch awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio X-large Combi Watch, 11 May 2010
Tay (Watford, United kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is one G-shock that is going to be extremely popular as time goes by.
The strap is wide and comfortable, delivery was fast and on time.
If you want an affordable G-shock, look no further.
An excellent buy! I loved it so much i bought the stealth version too!
Minor niggles, you cant see the hour hand too well with the LED at night because its red.
Still, 5 stars all the way!
what are you waiting for? buy it... now!

5.0 out of 5 stars NOT A G-SHOCK FANATIC - but very practical and useful watch, 10 April 2014
I brought this watch for every day use and though I usually wear high end watches, this works as a good alternative for not worrying whether it takes a slight knock. It is very functional and though I would not make use of all the functions, the alarm and world time zones are more than useful. The strap does look plastic and the bulk of the watch also; but it does not feel sweaty or retain the sweat sometimes felt when wearing it over long periods.

I would agree that once you have brought these watches, you may start to spend a bit more on other more expensive models (up to £6000!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 7 Nov. 2014
Marc Hill (Casnewydd, Cymru / Newport, Wales) - See all my reviews
I can't tell you how much I love this watch. I haven't worn a watch for years b ut since getting this one a few months ago I have hardly taken it off my wrist - I even forget I have it on when I go to sleep!

The display is really big and easy to see, it was simple to set up and the mechanical turning action on the hands after setting the digital time was an expected joy - I thought you just used a crown to turn the hands.

The only downside is the light which very often fails to illuminate the hands so that you can tell the time, it just seems to illuminate the face.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›