4.0 out of 5 stars Publisher gets much better this time
This iteration of Publisher finally get's Microsoft's 'ribbon' (the replacement for the toolbar that first appeared in the rest of the Office suite (barring Outlook and Publisher itself) in 2007. That's something you'll either love or hate, but with 2010's version, the ribbons are all customisable, so you can make it suit the way you work.
There's a new 'Page...
Published on 20 Jun 2010 by mark0000

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing publishing package
Published on 23 Feb 2012 by PipEmma

4.0 out of 5 stars Publisher gets much better this time, 20 Jun 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD) (Software)
There's a new 'Page Navigation' pane, which is helpful in getting an overview of the document (and rearranging pages if you want), and Publisher's photo-editing is - at last - the same as Word's (since 2007 small documents actually could be made to look better in Word!).

The greatest reason to choose Publisher as well as Word is when you're making documents to send to a commercial printer, when you can choose the "Save for Commercial Printer" command - outputting pdfs at a higher resolution than the Office/Word 'print to pdf' command. It's also better with bleeds (commercial printers all want a 3mm or 5mm 'bleed' around your document, and you'll need to see how it looks with the bleed.

Overall, it's a good, mid-range dtp program that has been - finally - updated properly. I found it a worthwhile upgrade from Publisher 2007. In terms of market 'pitch', I now much prefer Publisher to Serif (the look and feel is more modern, I find the program quicker in use, and it has a quick learning curve). For high-end use I'd still look to Adobe, but it should suit the small-medium size business perfectly. Amazon's price is very good too (undercutting Microsoft's download price at time of writing)

5.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Publisher 2010, 31 Dec 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD) (Software)
Used earlier versions and always liked the software. New version better by far in every respect. Easy to use, lots of features allow quick, quality publications to be created.Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars A creative edge, 15 July 2011
This review is from: Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD) (Software)
Having sold my ancient computer (loaded with Publisher) recently I couldn't imagine a future without the creative options offered by this software. For years I've created my own greetings and business cards, advertisements and promotions on Publisher. Publisher 2010 is simplicity itself to use and I was able to transfer all my old templates onto the new system. Then, of course, I discovered how much more sophisticated the new version was. Would recommend for anyone seeking creative edge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Publisher 2010, 4 Jan 2011
This review is from: Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD) (Software)
Really very impressed - allows all sorts of publications to be easily and quickly completed, although some of the tools are somewhat hidden and need to be found before use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Publisher 2010, 12 July 2010
Dorothy (Widnes, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD) (Software)
I am happy with the overall performance of this software. It has most of the usual Publisher features I was looking for. However, the older editions of publisher had templates for building a website, this edition doesn't. I was disappointed about that. Microsoft has obviously separated the website building feature and packaged it as a stand alone software in itself but I would have liked to have known this before I purchased this product. If you are looking for help with website building then don't buy this - buy a dedicated website builder software. If you want a publishing package alone then this is your boy! It has a lot of templates for business cards, certificates, calendars, CVs and more. If you have used Publisher before then it is easy to use 2010 version. I needed it because I have upgraded to Vista and my old Publisher wouldn't work with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glitch free, so far, 4 Aug 2010
Richard Bell "wildlife illustrator" (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD) (Software)
So far I've designed only a couple of posters on it and it worked just fine. I'll post a comment if I encounter any problems with the book design project I have to work on next.

I've been a PagePlus user for years but Publisher has caught up on what I consider essential features, such as generating PDFs for commercial printing. More seriously, I've had a couple of annoying glitches with PagePlus X3 and X4 (highlighting text and moving text boxes; so far Serif technical department can only say that they are aware there is an issue). My hope is that the Microsoft product is going to be totally compatible with Windows 7 64 bit version. We'll see but it looks very promising so far.

Previous reviewers are understandably disappointed about the lack of web design, which should have been flagged in publicity, but I think Microsoft are right to separate web design from DTP as they're so different. It must have been tempting to leave it there as an extra but I think it would have unbalanced the DTP concept. I take the point that Scribus is free and a professional, continually evolving product but I've briefly tried it and I found it rather intimidating, it reminded me of Quark Express. Publisher suits my un-technical, visual approach to design. I prefer the context sensitive ribbon to going through menus (a concept I've already enjoyed using in Serif products) and it keeps throwing up little extras, like the ability to translate text. I'm sure I'll find a use for that. The alignment guides and the way you can get text to expand to fill a text box speed up work too.

I might have deducted one star for the lack of a manual but you can soon navigate to the specific help you're after. Ideally I would prefer to sit down with a cup of coffee and browse through a paper manual. There's a PDF introduction to Publisher but, as far as I can discover, no full PDF manual is included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Publisher Package, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD) (Software)
I bought this package for my new computer because I had already been using a previous version and was very happy with it. There are a lot of changes in the new version which I am still getting used to, but overall it is as good as the old one. One useful feature which seems to be missing is the ability to size text automatically to the size of the box, but I am happy to forgo this in return for so much else the package offers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Returning to the Publisher with version 2010, 31 May 2011
Derek Pooley - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD) (Software)
I'm not a frequent Publisher user and hadn't up-dated my version from Office 2000 until buying Publisher 2010 recently. The improvement is dramatic and I'm delighted with the new software. The 2010 version uses the ribbon-based tool system now well established in Word, Excel and Power Point since 2007 and with which I was therefore familiar, and it works superbly for Publisher. Another delight is the extremely powerful and flexible facility to convert the files to pdf or xps. My version installed from the DVD without problems and has given none since. A very satisfied customer!

4.0 out of 5 stars Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD), 5 July 2011
Mrs. Barbara Box (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD) (Software)
This is a very different product from my previous version of Publisher and I am still getting used to it, but it seems to be satisfactory.
Barbara M. Box.

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointing publishing package, 23 Feb 2012
Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD)
Having purchased a new ASUS notebook as a Christmas present from my family, I decided to treat myself to the new Publisher DVD as I had had excelent results from Microsoft Publisher when using Windows XP. I was terribly disappointed with this new Publisher 20210, as now it links me permanently to the web - which I find extremely intrusive, and actually ended up having to have this product installed for me through the web. Not at all what I had wanted as I had to pay further costs with my credit card for this procedure! All in all this was a very unsatisfactory experience. The technician that helped install this was extremely pleasant and helpful which to some extent softened the blow, but the whole installation process took far longer than expected, and frankly I wished I hadn't bothered! So far, I have not used this as much as I thought I would because I find it clumsy and complicated with too many options whcih I would far rather invent or make up myself. I feel there must be a simpler Publishing package than this - but have no idea where to find it! I would not reccommend this version if you are like me faint hearted!

Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD)
Microsoft Publisher 2010 (PC DVD) by Microsoft Software (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
139.00